PDA

View Full Version : I told her.

Jennifer Brooks
12-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Well, after about a year of coming here and asking questions, getting help, feeling better about my self and gaining great friends, I also gained the confidence on wanting to tell my wife about me being a Crossdresser. Well, after a few topics of other things I wanted to talk to her about, I finally told her to sit back and listen to what I had to say.

We've been together for 13 years and just last year I told her about my younger years of dressing (5-19). Well she was cool about that but asked why I didn't continue to dress while out on my own and in my early 20's. Long story short on that, is that I, like most, thought I was the only one dong such things and maybe I was a sick-o of sorts. I know better now. But now I told her that I really never stopped and that I have been dressing a lot in the last 4-5 years. In the last year, I have gone full transformation and with that came the confidence and self acceptance of being me, Jennifer Brooks. The only bad reaction from my wife was that she felt that I had lied to her about stopping after I was 19 and out on my own. She wasn't mad nor was she judgmental. I also listened to her and even though some things she said didn't really sit right with me, I didn't get defensive about anything she said. I wanted her to know and be accepting so I kept the conversation calm and collective. Any wrong tone could damage the outcome I was hoping for. All in all, I had to get it off my chest and tell her, someone I trust. I feel now that I can move on. WOW!

ColleenW
12-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Congratulations, it's a big step and I'm glad it was so positive for you. Best of luck in the new year.:)

Karren H
12-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeaa!! Thats really great, Jen!! Lucky girl!!!

DanaR
12-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow Jennifer, that is awesome. I'm glad that everything turned out well.

TGMarla
12-23-2008, 11:48 PM
That's good, Jen. I'm glad the air is clear with you now. I wish I could say the same completely. My wife knows, but it's an unspoken truth at this time in our lives. I hope this new open-ness between you two is the beginning of something better for both of you.

Jennifer Brooks
12-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks ladies, I appreciate it. Even though my wife and I don't have a great relationship and it's been strained for years, she still is a great person and that's why I came out to her. This doesn't mean that I can start wearing heels and parade around the house, it does mean I don't have to keep hiding this part of my life from her. We also have a young daughter and that is another reason why I would still continue to dress in private.

cindym5_04
12-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Congrats to you!

txrobinm
12-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Yay, Jennifer!

cara
12-24-2008, 01:57 AM
The truth will set you free! Congratulations!
Hugs, Cara

Shelly Preston
12-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Congratulations Jennifer

Its good to hear it went so well

The good thing is now you can discuss any concerns you or she may have in a calm rational manner

Delila
12-24-2008, 02:39 AM
A word of advice. My wife has known since before we were married. The largest mistake that I make and I make it often is to over think anything that she may say. My wife may make an offhand comment about my feeling like a woman not even relating it to CDing and I take it personally which inevitably leads to an uncomfortable situation.

The advice is now that she knows be patient as she may have some predisposed habits of comments that she may not really mean and she says out of habit rather than feeling.

Samantha Kelsey
12-24-2008, 03:02 AM
Well done Jennifer,

I know it takes a lot of courage to do this but it's worth it in the long run.
Why not make it a CD new years resolution to be honest and upfront to our SO's but remember girls and boys honesty is a two way thing.

Sarah Martin
12-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Jennifer,

Well done, we are all proud of you!

RachelDenise
12-24-2008, 05:09 AM
It's a wonderful start to a new time in your relationship. Maybe this honesty will lead to new intimacy and improve what you have with your wife.

RobynB
12-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Congradulations. I hope it works out for the both of you.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-24-2008, 08:07 AM
I think that it is wonderful that you told her - that is the first step in the rest of your life. Keep the communication line open. My wife changed tremendously this year for the better after years of unhappiness with my CDing. You planted a seed. Now help it to grow.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Angie G
12-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Good for you Jennifer at least now she knows and it may be less stressful for you to dress and now your no longer need to lie. If she gets better with it just remember keep it slow hun.:hugs:
Angie

Di
12-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Wonderful:D Best Wishes!

Jennifer Brooks
12-24-2008, 08:42 AM
WOW! Thank you so very much for your encouraging replies Ladies. It is very much appreciated. I am so very much relieved of what I did. I do hope other things will go well in the future for my wife and I. :)

Christine1953
12-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Congradulations jennifer. I wish the best for you and your wife. Your pictures are great.happy holidays

Patty
12-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Congrads way to go

Tammy298
12-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Congratulations Jennifer!

It sounds like your wife is a very understanding lady. Even though your relationship has been strained, she may well look beyond the lie and see that you opened up a much more personal side of yourself. I suspect she will ask more questions about your CDing in the coming days.

Tomara
12-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Jennifer
I hope that your new found freedom and the new year will bring you and your wife to a new and peaceful relationship that you both can enjoy !
Happy Holidays
Tomara

TSchapes
12-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Like others here, I will echo the sentiment of going slow. My wife also knew before we were married, but she was not prepared for Tracy's explosion this last year. She is doing much better and my son is getting used to the idea of Tracy. But neither of them want to interact with me. So Tracy has her friends and that's probably how it will stay.

You are a role model now Jennifer, I hope others will follow!

Love, Tracy

EryLynn
12-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Jennifer
Excellent! Honesty is very soul lifting, sadly we oftentimes find ourselves having to shade it, and it becomes a weight on our soul.

Just one note of caution, now that you find you HAVE talked to her about it, don't jump to the conclusion that she now wants to have deep and commonplace discussions on why this skirt, or that bra or ....

Remember, she's just now been informed that you haven't stopped dressing although for some reason she thought you had:

only bad reaction from my wife was that she felt that I had lied to her about stopping after I was 19 and out on my own.

Let her come to grips with it, and let her make the next move.

If she's resistant, you may want to re-evaluate. Nothing makes anyone more stubborn than being pushed on.

However if she is accepting, who knows, you may find that you can do things with her en femme.

EryLynn

StacyCD
12-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Jennifer,

Remember that just because she knows she will still need some time to process things and I second what everyone has said about going slow. However, don't let it be forgotten! My SO has accepted my crossdressing as long as it is out of sight. I can't say that this is really accepting but it is certainly better than the big D. I hope things work out for you and your wife! Good luck!

Carole Cross
12-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Wat go Jemmifer! It's good to hear that your wife accepts you for who you are:love: