PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Been Recognized?

Donna Delite
06-09-2005, 06:00 PM
One of my fears about joining this web site and then posting pics was the fear of being recognized by someone that I didn't want for them to know about my other side. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Katrina
06-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I was worried about that, but then I thought about it. Who would go to this website if they didn't have some interest in CDing in some way? Anybody that I know that would go to this site obviously has interests similar to me or is a SO of someone with similar interests. Either way, it is probably someone with a reason not to spread it around that they visit sites like this. Who knows, it might bring you closer to that person.

veronica
06-09-2005, 06:11 PM
:eek: NOT THAT I KNOW OF :eek:

Amelie
06-09-2005, 06:16 PM
I was worried about that, but then I thought about it. Who would go to this website if they didn't have some interest in CDing in some way? Anybody that I know that would go to this site obviously has interests similar to me or is a SO of someone with similar interests. Either way, it is probably someone with a reason not to spread it around that they visit sites like this. Who knows, it might bring you closer to that person.

Unless he is a blackmailer, looking for victims. Lol

I have no one to hide from, most people I know,,,know of Amelie.
Except the guy at the lottery store, he doesn't know, but he looks at me in a strange way, like he might know.
Amelie

Wendy me
06-09-2005, 06:21 PM
i was thinking abought that at one time but like all i would say is what and you saw me at crossdressers.com ....so if your not into cding then you must like look at guys in fem.....don't worry i won't tell anyone of your "hobby"...................

womanatheart
06-09-2005, 06:26 PM
It crossed my mind when I posted my picture/avatar on the site. Should I or shouldnt I? Sometimes it is the smallest thing that gets you found (or fired? - two F's). I was found by my wife by the smallest chance. I had taken some earlier photos of me effem on the home computer, deleted the temp file, then sent them to my personal email. One night my wife "found" me via the photos from the sent file of the computer. Who goes thru the sent files?

I at the moment - I am glad I went ahead and put my photo on the site. I guess I feel more part of the site and the other girls. :)

Love,
Stephanie

Sweet Jeanette
06-09-2005, 07:54 PM
I have often worried that someone might recognize my photo in any attachments I would put on the board, and have deleted a lot that I did post, for that reason.---I mostly post shots of parts of my body now, ex.(my feet in sandals). ---My internet provider has told me that they occassionally monitor their traffic, and since the wife of someone I know, and work with, is a area supervisor of my net provider, I think I must be VERY careful of what I say & of the web sites I visit.---I have a rather sensitive job in a very small town, and to be found out, that I am visiting this site,---simply would "Not Do"!!!!----The husband of this supervisor is Unbelieveably nosy, and watches me, and my house, whenever he gets the chance!-----They live very close to me!---So, I must be careful!!! :( ----( I watch him too, just out of "self defense"!)----It is a bad set of circumstances.---Also, There are those, that will visit websites such as ours, and actively "Hunt" CDs. ---Look for clues as to their identity and location, and then try to hurt them, or worse! :eek: ---And , ----Yes.---I think that I am "starting" to be slowly "Recognized", at work. The reason being, ---that I am starting to act more feminine, and at times, slip up and say the wrong thing at work. ------I like to be "ME", and at times, I slip up!-----I try to hide it from them, but it is hard!-------Don't tell me to "Be myself", I cant.---In my town, CDs are beaten, or worse!----I don't mean to scare all of you, or make you worry by what I write, ----But, ---Reality IS "out there"!----In my small town, I have to be VERY careful!---You others, in your large towns, and in the country, can be more open about yourselves, because of the more "modern thinking" that is around you.---Im glad to see that some of you fare better than I do, this way! ;)

ronna
06-09-2005, 08:14 PM
I'd recognize you instantly, Donna

jo_ann
06-09-2005, 08:17 PM
just dont' host your images on one of your websites, because you never know.. u might post on another site, they do a whois, then use a program to look at everything on your server, and voila! blackmail
(that's why I only uploaded my avatar to this site)

Sweet Jeanette
06-09-2005, 08:48 PM
just dont' host your images on one of your websites, because you never know.. u might post on another site, they do a whois, then use a program to look at everything on your server, and voila! blackmail
(that's why I only uploaded my avatar to this site)

Pardon my Dumbness, but what do you mean by "host my images"? :confused:

Tristen Cox
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
You need a Host like geocities, photobucket, image shack to upload larger pictures that the forum can not handle in attachments.

Donna Delite
06-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Ronna- looks like I'm busted

Rachel Morley
06-09-2005, 09:24 PM
I also thought about this but not when I joined but when I posted a picture of me and my wife together. Obviously I have some degree of "disguise" but she is as herself.

We both decided that (just like others have said) that there wasn't much chance of anyone we knew discovering us and even if they did why would they be on this forum unless they were interested in cross dressing?

Anyway, we have nothing to hide, we've broken no laws, and what we do in the privacy of our own home is our business :)

Angel

Sweet Jeanette
06-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok. I think I understand.---All I have is a program called "Photoimpression 4", and "zoom browser". ---These I use to resize photos, and add text, if I want to, and these are all programs that are on my computer.---I don't think I have anything like you are describing.

Tristen Cox
06-09-2005, 09:32 PM
The are online hosts that give you space for free to uplaod your bigger pictures to. Then you copy the address bar/URL and insert it into your post, from the page your picture is uploaded to. Much harder than attachments if you haven't done it before.

Sweet Jeanette
06-09-2005, 10:02 PM
The are online hosts that give you space for free to uplaod your bigger pictures to. Then you copy the address bar/URL and insert it into your post, from the page your picture is uploaded to. Much harder than attachments if you haven't done it before.

I don't think Ill be getting into that.---But, thank you all for making me "somewhat " more knowledgeable on the subject!

Stephenie
06-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Sorry to hear about how things are for you Hot lust, When I told my wife about my CDing she expressed worries about people find out because of my internet searches, but like some of you have said what where they doing on a site like this. Didn't thier mother tell them that they would go blind? Maybe they will stop when they need glasses. I haven't posted any pic's because i have never taken any of me dressed and for now with the way my wife reacted I don't think I will for a while. But I do enjoy seeing those of you that do. Having the face with the post helps with feeling in touch with you.

mand
06-14-2005, 02:20 AM
Well I don't do blokey anymore but if I did no one would put the two together in a million years they look totally different ;)

As for anyone shouting out in the street "hey look there's mand" no thats not happened :)

love mand xxx

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-14-2005, 02:24 AM
I've actually been hoping someone I know would pop up, but no luck thus far (:

Tristen Cox
06-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Well I don't do blokey anymore but if I did no one would put the two together in a million years they look totally different ;)

As for anyone shouting out in the street "hey look there's mand" no thats not happened
Hey! Look there's Mand!!!!! :eek: :D :p

mand
06-14-2005, 02:32 AM
Hey! Look there's Mand!!!!! :eek: :D :p

Thanks Tristen ...............ahhhh fame at last :)

love mand xxx

Lady Jayne
06-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Mand If I saw you I'd just :whistle: *wolfwhistle*

mand
06-14-2005, 06:58 AM
Mand If I saw you I'd just :whistle: *wolfwhistle*

Awwww Thankyou Jayne, that would be my first :)

love :hugs: mand xxx

crispy
06-14-2005, 07:45 AM
lots of people have recognised me from my avatars, but I just deny it.

............................... :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

azure
06-14-2005, 08:26 AM
in my job Ive had (from guys) "ta love!" or even had one tyring to kiss me ewwwwwww gerossssssss! maybe stealth mode is required!

Genifer Teal
06-14-2005, 09:44 AM
A friend of mine went to a local CD meeting (tri ess or CDI) and recognized a senior boss (his boss's boss). IT was ok cause now they know each other dresses. The best part is now he has an ally at work if his immediate boss tries to say anything.

Hugs - Genifer

Genifer Teal
06-14-2005, 09:51 AM
One time I was in a chat room with an Icon pic. Someone thought they recognized me. I denied it at firsrt. Then I realized they really might know me. I got off line right away.

The next nite I went to same chat room and same person still there. I logged off immediately. Then the phone rang. It was them. I knew them from an unrelated organization we both belonged to.

The irconic part is she (CDer) pleaded with me not to tell anyone. Like who would I tell in the first place, but if she didn't start this, and call me, I'd never know about her. I causually agreed if she wouldn't say about me. Of course she agreed.

Now for some more irony. 2 years later she came out to the world and had now had SRS and transitioned. Go figure!

Genfier

mariej
06-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I once walked past one of my closest friends whilst out dressed and also my next door neighbour. Nothing!!!
Why on earth would they be looking out for someone they know dressed as a woman.
Relax.
L&P
Mariej
xx

Maddie Knight
06-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't realy care anymore if people recognize me, I'm happy with who I am and if people don't like it thats not my problem.
I don't go round telling everybody but if they did find out I would not be too bothered.

Jonien
06-16-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't realy care anymore if people recognize me, I'm happy with who I am and if people don't like it thats not my problem.
I don't go round telling everybody but if they did find out I would not be too bothered.

I agree with you there Maddie if any one recognizes and has a problem then thay have the problem not me "I don't care anymore"

Clare
07-07-2005, 03:53 AM
I haven't put a picture of me on this site yet and i have not given away any info that may identify me (come close though), so at this point i'm not too concerned about being found out.

However, when Christine developes into a more presentable lady and I get a digital camera, she will reveal herself in the forum eventually.

Am i worried? Not really, most of my friends wouldn't be caught dead here and my family certainly wouldn't even consider it anyway, so i'm relatively at ease about the issue.

If i was discovered by someone i knew, my first question to them would be why they were viewing a CD site in the first place?

Christine

FionaAlexis
07-07-2005, 07:46 AM
No. Or maybe I should say - not to my knowledge. I'm 90% sure I haven't.

Most of the time when I go out I move around my local area and I regularly walk passed neighbours and acquaintenances. I once stood a few metres away from and in eyeline with a guy who I do some business with - and I'm sure he didn't recognise me. I think people are visually tuned in to seeing you in a certain way - and even minor changes in appearance throw them - nevermind a full on change in gender.

I quite enjoy this mild deception aspect of going out dressed.

Fiona xx

Akyra
07-07-2005, 07:50 AM
fiona is that you???? oh hiya!!! :eek:

Melissa A.
07-07-2005, 11:29 AM
If your gonna post a picture and /or your general location, you need to be prepared for the possibility that you may be found out. If that is too much for you to bear, don't do it.

Maddie, I could not have said it better. I don't care. I asked myself, "What is the very worst thing that could happen?", and decided I could live with that. I can live with who I am, even if the whole world knows I'm a cd. To those of you out there "hunting" (if that really happens), can you? Even if the whole world knows you are a horrible excuse for a human being? By the way, if someone outs you just for fun, that is despicable, but not much you can do about it. If they try to extort money or anything else from you, that's a felony. I say, knock yourself out, jackass!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

FionaAlexis
07-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes, it IS for each person to chose whether they post a photo avatar and their specific location. I can understand why GGs and admirers maybe full time TSs?wouldn't post photo avatars as they do not have the luxury of an alternate appearance and disguise.

However, I'm afraid I am now very suspicious of prolific posters to forums like this who have no photo avatar and who have no location and few profile details. That's MY choice.

Fiona xx

JoAnnDallas
07-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Once I got my wig, I Realized that,

1. I'm new to the area and no one knows me here

2. If I can blend in and not be made then no one knows who I am.

3. If someone comes on this site and Recognizes me, what are doing on
this site anyway.

so why not put up a picture of myself, besides we are all friends and we all accept each other as we are.