PDA

View Full Version : Answering the door

Mollyanne
12-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Have any of you answered the door while partially of fully dressed not giving any thought to what the other person may think????? Last week I was home alone(wife went shopping with the daughter) and I got partially dressed(very feminine layered sweater, slacks and heels) no make-up or wig. The doorbell rang and without realizing it I went to the door and opened it and the UPS guy handed me the package and looked at me up and down and said "have a nice day" I must have turned 10 different shades of red and closed the door. Talk about being "busted"!!! Has anything like this ever happened to you?????

:love: Mollyanne

suzypier
12-25-2008, 08:51 AM
It did happen once, I did not anwser. Don't have to tell you that my heart was racing. :)

Gizmo, Debbie
12-25-2008, 09:12 AM
yeah, i've answered the door a few times while looking girly. NO never gave it a thought as to how the person would react....but i'm "out" anyway.

renee k
12-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Was staying at the Dunes Resort during their TG weekend last fall and sharing a room with my friend Caren. We were both changing to attend an afternoon wedding, our friends Katherine and Patty both members here, exchanged vows and had a reception. Anyway to make a short story long. While we were changing, the housekeeper knocks at door Caren is in the bathroom freshing up. I answered the door wearing my short robe, no wig. Just a wig cap and makeup and earrings. I'm sure she's seen it all before, she smiled, I smiled back and asked if she could come back in a half hour to clean the room. She said no problem sir! I shut the door and just broke out laughing!

Huggs, Renee

avril findlay
12-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I had a meeting at home with a (female) rep. from a firm of accountants forgetting to take off a pair of ruby encrusted earrings (which were my Mums and which I still have). There's no way she could have missed them, but she was incredibly professional (or maybe she didn't give a hoot!) and just got on with the business she had come to do.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-25-2008, 12:00 PM
I gave the UPS man a thrill !
JoAnne Wheeler

Angie G
12-25-2008, 01:18 PM
No I haven't Molly hot yet.:hugs:
Angie

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-25-2008, 10:51 PM
I was dressed up fully, and decided to order a pizza from a local pizza shop. When it was delivered I answered the door and received the pizza. The delivery guy was slightly taken aback but didn't freak out. I'm sure that the people at the Pizza shop know now that I dress up... I guess part of me wants to be outed, so that I can feel more comfortable as Kimberly. :battingeyelashes:

Karren H
12-25-2008, 11:04 PM
All the UPS and FedEx guys have seen it all... I know because my BIL was one and some of the stories!! lol

tanyalynn51
12-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Maybe UPS guys r trained in that sort of thing- I had on a sweater and skirt- I changed the skirt for shorts, but still had tights on. He blinked, but wished me a nice day and left

Cissy Chiana
12-26-2008, 12:13 AM
all the time if I'm wearing a louse and jeans or trousers, I tend to wait until after he's been before putting on my wig, clip-on earrings and make up though, it just seems prudent not to tempt fate

~*Francine*~
12-26-2008, 12:24 AM
My friend noticed my shaved legs about 3 weeks ago and said "nice legs but why do you shave your legs?" I gave him a stuttering excuse that my hair grows wicked and in the winter I clean em up a bit LOL. It was SO hot because I would love if he knew and accepted.

Tracii G
12-26-2008, 12:37 AM
One of my neighbors knocked on the door and I had on a pair of cut off girls jeans like the ones in JessCD32's Daisy Duke thread.I had been out mowing the yard.The top was a sports logo tee with pink letters.
Now she is the cool neighbor so no worries.She asked if I was coming to their fish fry Sat.I said yeah I'll be there she said "My god those are short shorts" nice legs tho'and you shave them too I never noticed. I think she knows now.LOL.