PDA

View Full Version : Christmas recap, and a realization.

Cristi
12-26-2008, 01:19 PM
This Christmas was nice. Though I 'only' got one femme thing from my wife (a cranberry colored blouse), we celebrated the morning alone, so I was able to spend the entire morning in a long flowing dress, tights, heels, forms, bra and earrings (the dress and earrings were gifts from her last Christmas) as we opened our presents to each other then did some Christmas baking together.

But the realization came a bit later in the day. We were expecting a house full of company, so for the first time in a while I had to gather all of my things from various downstairs closets and bring them all back to my closet upstairs. and I realized that sometime over the past year, I've outgrown that closet!

Now, for comparison I'll note that for 'guy' clothes I own a total of 7 pair of pants, a dozen dress shirts and a small drawer of tshirts.

Compare that to what I found in a quick count yesterday. Somehow without ever realizing it I got up to almost a dozen nightgowns, a dresser drawer FULL of nothing but panties, one just as full of bras, and a third full with a mix of tights, pantyhose, slips and camisoles.

The event that started this realization was when I was trying to put everything away in the large closet reserved for my things (no male clothes) and realized that there was no way it would all fit. A quick count revealed over 20 dresses, 2 dozen skirts and just as many blouses and jerseys. In the end, I had to leave several skirts and a few dresses just draped over the back of a chair until I can return them to a downstairs closet after our guests leave.

So basically, my women's clothes outnumber my guy things by at least 4:1. This goies for shoes as well, I own 4 pair of men's shoes but over a dozen pair of heels, flats and woman's sandals.

At least it is not all going unused... When I am home, I am usually in a dress or skirt, so I AM actually putting it all to good use and it is saving my few pair of work pants from extra wear and tear. :) But I think I either need to find some more storage place to expand into, or I need to start getting rid of some of the things I don't wear anymore.

I think one thing I'll have to start doing, which just came to me as I am typing this, is to start storing my 'Summer' stuff during the Winter then changing the contents of my closet over from season to season.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-26-2008, 02:30 PM
My spouse has given me "a whole lot more acceptance and understanding this year" and that has been a wonderful gift.

I on the other hand gave my spouse two dresses that match two of my own and a gold necklass that matches one of my own.

I have suggested that we dress up to match.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

StacyCD
12-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Cristi, I and I think a lot of others here on this list are very jealous!

NancyTO
12-26-2008, 09:09 PM
You would believe how many of those large Rubbermaid containers I have to handle the feminine overflow from the closet(s). :eek: