PDA

View Full Version : I did it!!

Raina
06-09-2005, 09:18 PM
I finally did it!!! I finally went out tonight and got myself my first bra. It was very nerv wracking but I thought to hell with it. Surprisingly enough, the easy part was spending the time to find the one I wanted, but the hard part was checking out. This is my first bra but my second experience purchasing lingerie and on both occassions the ladies at the checkout snickered. The one tonight asked her toady in training if he wanted to remove the security tag; and of course he didn't want to touch it. I turned about 3 shades of red, but thought, just get through it...and I did. It will be worth it when I wear it for the first time.
I am feeling very good ladies and I just wanted to share it with you.

Raina

Tristen Cox
06-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Very cool! Good for you :thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
06-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Way to go Raina! Try not to worry about what you percive people might be thinking. Just get through it and you will gain some confidence so that the next time it will be easier and the time after that will be even easier and the time after that......

Angel

paulaN
06-09-2005, 09:38 PM
congrats good for you. keep on dressing.

Lisa Maren
06-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi Raina!

Good for you, girl! I just bought my first outfit in a store today so here's a big toast coming your way!

Bravo! Be proud, girl!

Hugs,
Lisa

Ava Mouse
06-09-2005, 09:53 PM
That was very Brave!!! Like I said to lisameaghan, the most brave things are overcoming our own self/society imposed limitations! You'll be surprised how much easier it is from now on...

Though, I still get nervous when buying something new...

What I find is the more confident I am, as a customer, the less likely the clerks are to snicker... A little 'nice weather' talk helps...

Wendy me
06-09-2005, 09:59 PM
way to go sister Raina can't say it is easy at frist...in time as you shop you willcet more comfy with things like that soon it will be no big deal to you ....i would have said go ahead it won't bite you to the cleark.....shop on sister......

Elysia
06-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Congratulations Raina

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experience was a little marred by unpleasant gestures; still, you have every right to feel good. It was brave—I know how difficult it is to get up the courage—and you’ll enjoy having your own bra. Doing it with dignity and self confidence despite the discouragement of general society is hard but very empowering. We all take some pleasure in your triumph because, through this site, we can all feel like we’re in this together. Thanks for sharing you’re experience.

Deanna2
06-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Fantastic Raina

You didn't tell us anything about the bra, but I'm sure that new bra will always be your sentimental favourite regardless of how many more you buy. I know my first bra is, even though I have others that I prefer to wear.

Luvya

Raina
06-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Thank you all for your warm responses; they are very encouraging and inspiring. It is nice to have all of you to share my experiences with.

Lisa, I saw your post earlier tonight and I just want to say, right back at you.

Bravo to you as well, we should all be proud.

Raina

crispy
06-09-2005, 10:52 PM
second step on the ladder.

first panties are embarrassing enough, but the 'gf gift' excuse is plausible.

but for the first bra - how many guys would buy the gf a bra - sizing, style, etc.?

I always feel more embarrassed buying a bra. :o

............. oh by the way Raina, I love the ample buttocks in your avatar. J Lo ? :cool:

GypsyKaren
06-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Hey Raina, way to go for sure. It takes a lot of courage to buy a bra, I've only bought them while dressed. I'm very happy for you, I think you did very well for yourself. And I love your name, sounds very pretty.
GypsyKaren

Stephanie Mancini
06-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Nice one Raina, now that wasn't so hard was it believe me the more times you shop the easier it becomes,

Rachel_740
06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
As some of the other girls have said Raina, it just gets eaisier (almost) every time you go shopping. I put the almost in because, not so much recently, but before I transitioned I found that sometimes I got VERY self-concious when clothes shopping.

Even now, just occasionally I get self-concious about something - usually the remainder of my beard shadow (even though it's less than it's ever been since I was about 16). When you get these feelings just carry on, it's only you feeling different about yourself, the rest of the world is still seeing the same thing.

Anne