PDA

View Full Version : Do we crave female approval?

helenr
12-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Surely anything related to transgender behavior puts great mental stress on each of us. I think most of us are sensitive to the misperceptions of who we are, what we are, why we seek this mental (and physical) release, and the disturbing stereotypes as seen in burlesque, silly stage presentations,etc.
Those of you who have understanding wives, significant others who more than tolerate are fortunate beyond words. I suspect even they have some of the above mental stress, but are light years ahead of most of us stuck in the closet.
So my question to you, do you care if a female approves of who and what you are (in the crossdressing sense)? Why or why not? Would that female be 'betraying' her own 'genetic' values-that we might be an insult to femininity? I value your input, serious or silly. helen

Karren H
12-26-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't care if anyone approves of the way I dress......

Tomara
12-26-2008, 09:49 PM
I think acceptance is far more important than approval of who I am and how I dress !
Tomara

Andine
12-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Aproval from anyone is very gratifying, and as I'm here for the fun of it , and not to be controversial (Too much ) thats the pay off I seek from those I encounter. Otherwise just being dressed in something nice that moves well and walking around in my heels is most gratifying! Love the feel and russtle of fabric, stockings, blouse etc!
lately I have been frequenting a gay bar that has just opened, and I have made friends with a lot of lovely fun lesbian ladies! My opening line is " I'm a hetero-sexual male ... I find both of you extremely attractive!!" .... that goes down very nicely! As a result I have been invited to a few parties, and had a great time! The next one is New Years eve .... the theme is Kings and Queens .... I'm coming as the warrior princess Zena .... should be a hoot!

Jonianne
12-26-2008, 10:02 PM
.......So my question to you, do you care if a female approves of who and what you are (in the crossdressing sense)?

I have come to the point of accepting myself with or without approval of others, but yes, I still "crave" the approval of females to a large degree. My heart used to yearn for female acceptance. Not only for the crossdressing, but for just me. That was a major, major issue for me growing up. As an adult it took nearly 8 years of weekly therapy for me to just get a handle on it.

Most of the people I have opened up to has been females and I have found them accepting in general. I told my wife before we were married and she is not threatened by my level of femininity at all.

JOJO44
12-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Please forgive my blatherings.
I don't know. I crave approval of ? My wife knows, accepts (tolerates may be too strong) but . . .
I am almost more comfortable when she is not present, because then I can do photographs clothing changes etc.
I love the feel of the softer and silkier things, enjoy the bounce, just comfortable with myself.
She says I look good, but I know better. I have three strikes against my goal of passing. Heigth (sp), face and voice.
I so want to pass, but . . .
Maybe more later, I want to be accepted for what I want to be, but cannot barring some sort of a miracle (winning the lottery?):sad:
Hugs,
Jo

BrianaMarie
12-26-2008, 10:19 PM
So my question to you, do you care if a female approves of who and what you are (in the crossdressing sense)? Why or why not? Would that female be 'betraying' her own 'genetic' values-that we might be an insult to femininity? I value your input, serious or silly. helen

For me as a GG it's not an insult at all, if anything its flattering! To know that you would admire the shoes or the outfit, maybe the hair or the make-up. To know that we as GG's could have made an impression and might have even been behind some of those clothes hanging in the closet, the eyeshadow or the blush.....although I will never understand why anyone would actually look forward to shaving their legs everyday just to wearing pantyhose??:thinking: lol

rachellenicole
12-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm kinda with Karen on this one, I dress for me and don't need approval from anyone, I realize that I cannot "pass" to well, good from far but far from good, soo I wear what styles I like and go about my business.
My wife will give me tips if I ask.

Rach

carhill2mn
12-27-2008, 12:11 AM
For me, I think "crave" is too strong a word. I do, however, greatly appreciate it when a GW/GG gives me a compliment.

Jilmac
12-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Yes, I did crave approval from both my wives but unfortunately never got it. I believe they felt my dressing made me less of a man and at the same time threatened their own femininity. The SO I have now is very understanding and supportive however she does not wish to see me dressed. I can accept her wish because she has accepted me for who I am.

docrobbysherry
12-27-2008, 01:43 AM
I think acceptance is far more important than approval of who I am and how I dress !
Tomara

"Acceptance", is more something I seek here! I find it VERY encouraging!:)

JoAnne Wheeler
12-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Deep down, I believe that we do. If we can't get that, our sisters in CDing will do.
JoAnne Wheeler

Celeste
12-27-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't see it as anyones business to approve or disapprove of what I do with my time and I don't think their is any genetic blueprint for the perfect gender that women have to abide by.

CDPAUL
12-27-2008, 08:32 AM
approval is not necesary however it seems that only females are accepting of this

LACD
12-27-2008, 08:36 AM
My Dear Wife has approved and accepted me for who I am. That has helped me accept myself even more. I don't go out fully dressed, but I am good with things the way they are for now. Hopefully one day I can go out dressed as I really want to.

Raychel
12-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Total acceptance would be an incredible thing. I doubt that it willl ever happen. And if it did would I be able to accept it? That would be another question.

TxKimberly
12-27-2008, 10:16 AM
I DO like it when I get some sort of feedback from a woman.
I've had a few women compliment my skirts or shoes in airports, and it puts me on a mental high for the rest of the day. :-)

I especially appreciate this sort of thing from my wife. I have been buying very cheap ($10 to $20) silver plated charm bracelets, and the very first time I wore them the silver wore off and brass showed underneath. For Christmas my wife bought me a real silver charm bracelet. This sends so many messages to me.
It says she has paid attention to that side of me and knew what I wanted.
It says she loves me - even this side of me.
I would also have to admit that it makes very happy the few times she has looked at one of my pics and complimented it or my outfit.
Yeah, I'll jump on that band wagon - I DO appreciate female approval.

helenr
12-27-2008, 11:23 AM
I very much appreciate the comments. This has been a vexing topic in my mind for literally decades. It is such a complex matter-that we would expect another to in a sense look at something 'backwards'. Even though women rarely wear skirts or dresses where I live (city of 125,000), you frequently see the 'symbol' of a dress for a ladies' restroom. Just as males aren't welcome there (very different in Scandanavia with gender neutral facilities-another 'post') women aren't accustomed, expecting, or wishing to see males in 'female disguise'. Since this is how our brains function, it truly can't be called 'disguise', but how is another to truly understand how our minds operate.
The nice GG who commented, thank you for your tolerating remarks, though pantyhose today is a wonderful legwear. The nasty stuff from the 1970s was dreadful (see it now and then at the Thrift stores today), but a pair of Silk Reflections massage your legs all day. Maybe nutty might be wearing 31/2 inch pointy toe heels-which women seem to still wear.
Thanks for sharing.you are all great people. helen

Kate Simmons
12-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Nope. "I am's what I am's" as Popeye would say. The heck with anyone who can't take a joke anyway.:battingeyelashes::)

Scotty
12-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Don't care what others think!

Just bought a few pink shirts yesterday, went to martial arts in femme sweats and a womans tank top - that turned a few heads...

My SO seems to like it, it allows her to express a masculine side - life's good.