PDA

View Full Version : The More I Go Out the Easier It Gets

StephanieT
12-27-2008, 07:20 PM
I am finding out that the more I go out, the easier it is to go out. A few short months ago, I had a moustache and I had no desire to go out. I shaved the moustache, bought a wig and started to go out. The more I go out the easier it gets. Today I went to Payless, Nordstrom Rack, Dillards, walked around the Flatirons Crossing Mall and then went to World Market. Even though it was the Sat. after Christmas, I got almost no strange looks. I spoke with a SA in Payless and I bought some coffee in WorldMarket. It seems as though if you dress to blend (yes I wore jeans and boots with 3"heels which makes me 6'4") nobody seems to care. Practice and Confidence going out seems to make a big difference. I am having so much fun.:cheer:

Andrea's Lynne
12-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Good for you Stephanie! Sounds like a great day!!!

charlie
12-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Sounds like Stephanie is on her way. Yes, the more you go out and about the easier it seems to get. Confidence starts rearing it's head. I did have to take a step back once though, so don't let it throw you if it happens to you. I got chided by some loud drunks at a gay sports bar. I tossed out the wig, dress and shoes and started new makeup and another wig before going out again. It is bound to happen.

Laura Evans
12-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Happy for you, Stephanie. The first time is a hurdle but after that first step it does not seem so daunting.:battingeyelashes:

Joanne_2003
12-27-2008, 07:36 PM
good for you

paulaN
12-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I have found the same thing to be true. I get nervous at first, but then I seem to settle in after a bit. Still some things can happen that will rattle me a bit. But I seem to be able to recover fast and am on my way, happy and free. I love to go out. Speaking of going out I need a GNO real bad. I think I will plan one next weekend. Whoo Hooo!!!! So it sounds like you are having a good time too. Wow 6'4" But ya know what, it does not matter one little bit. As you have found out. Just don't let some one, or thing get the best of ya. Cause chances are at some point some one will rattle your world. It sounds like your confidence is building very well. So keep on gurling. Fun isn't it. he he......

Cheryl T
12-27-2008, 08:05 PM
The confidence we gain when we venture into the public eye is the key to our own well being. It makes it easier each time and allows us to be a part of the world so many of us have only been able to view from the sidelines.
Each time I go out, alone or with my spouse and friends helps me grow more as a woman and a person.

Denise01
12-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes you are so true Stephenie, the more you go out the easier it gets.

I can remember the first few times i was out was very nervous.

I just got back from vacation, where I was Denise 24/7 the whole time I was away, and it was fantastic,

I am to the point now that i have as much confidence and comfort if not more when i am out as Denise, than drab,

Keep up the good work, slow and steady wins the race

Denise

:):):):)

debbeelee1
12-27-2008, 08:13 PM
At a girl Stephanie! We girls that haven't progressed like you have need someone to look up to!

StephanieT
12-27-2008, 08:20 PM
At a girl Stephanie! We girls that haven't progressed like you have need someone to look up to!
I am not sure I am someone to look up to. I am just someone who is old enough to do what they want without caring what others think!!!!

Cindi Johnson
12-27-2008, 08:39 PM
I so agree. I now feel more "normal" when out dressed rather than out drab. Plus, each time one of us ventures out, we make it easier for other girls who venture out.

Today I was working at a big box retailer when a TG girl came in to buy a computer part. The young girl I work with did not have anything bad to say about this customer, even though she did not pass well at all. Someday we TG's will become "normal" and accepted, I hope.

Cindi Johnson

StephanieT
12-27-2008, 09:20 PM
The one thing I forgot to mention is that when I go out , I go all out. I do my nails, makeup and the whole fem thing. If I did any thing less, I would not comple the fem appearance.

lori m crawford
12-27-2008, 09:24 PM
why not look as oney women sems that care what they look like eather is that not what we are hafter to be one

vivianann
12-28-2008, 02:40 AM
I know what you mean, I have been out so much that I now do not think about it when I go out enfemme. it is too easy now.

Sally2005
12-28-2008, 02:47 AM
I think what you say is true. It becomes more enjoyable too. Most people are respectable in public.

Nicole Erin
12-28-2008, 03:04 AM
I am not sure I am someone to look up to. I am just someone who is old enough to do what they want without caring what others think!!!!

I am not quite to that age yet but yeah I can imagine there comes a point when ya gotta say f-it and do what ya want.

Tasha McIntyre
12-28-2008, 04:00 AM
My head is in my hands reading this Steph. 2008 had been a watershed year for ol' Tashy girls development and the next logical step is to make the big move into the public arena, something i am scared s#!tless of, and something the wife definately won't like!

Hearing you saying it gets easier every time makes me want to do this more and more. 3" heels would make me 6 ft 5. I might be a little self conscious........I admire your courage :)

StephanieT
12-28-2008, 07:34 AM
, something i am scared s#!tless of,

I was also scared the first time. I am still nervous every time I go out. I just took baby steps. The first time was for a drive. Then to buy gas. I have had a couple of bad outings but did not let it set me back. I have also noticed a lot of tall women lately. Some are taller in flats than I am in guy mode. Don't let being tall make you nervous. Confidence helps you pass.

Nicki B
12-28-2008, 07:37 AM
And the only thing that has changed, over this period, is you? :)

Mitch23
12-28-2008, 10:24 AM
and after a while you stop thinking of yourself as a guy in a frock and you can enjoy the experience for what it is

mitch

JoAnne Wheeler
12-28-2008, 02:07 PM
I agee - the more practice you get, the easier it becomes and the more confidence you have. Keep on enjoying.
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

suzy
12-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Good going Stepanie!!

I think the reason that it gets easier is because it builds confidence and the more confident one is the more they don't care what people think and thus the more fun they have and the easier it gets! Sooooo..let's all get going!!!:D

tricia_uktv
12-28-2008, 03:21 PM
The next time you walk out Stephanie, think about the first time you did, the last time you did it and the next time you will do it. You are absolutely right. It gets so easy I now struggle to walk out as a bloke :) Have fun!