PDA

View Full Version : when is enough enough I was asked

crossdrezzer1
12-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Wife asked me after seeing my new purchases and asking how it went doing the self outing at dress barn today and she asked dont you think you have enough stuff,,since you dont go out why have so much,,,well I couldnt tell her you can never have enough,,I did sort and make a bag for goodwill,,who knows another cd might like them but I love to shop... might have to put a add out for a girl that wants free cloths so i can still shop---the wifes closets are way toooooo full.

Joanne_2003
12-27-2008, 07:54 PM
too bad your not my size, new outfits are always nice

Missy
12-27-2008, 07:57 PM
ok no one can never have enough look at her cloths how much is guy cloths compared to girls stlyes and ask when is enough or look at her shoes or her ect

missy

slamddoger
12-27-2008, 07:57 PM
maybe you can sale your stuf at ebay so you can buy more

susanCD123
12-27-2008, 08:03 PM
You are so lucky having an understanding wife!!!! Throw those extras my way! :hugs:

Angie G
12-27-2008, 09:23 PM
I can get in A 10 hun.:hugs:
Angie

Karren H
12-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm always rotating stuff out of my wardrobe to needy crossdressers or to local charities.. So I can continue my shopping adiction!! Don't know if I'm more adicted to shopping for womens clothing or wearing them!! Lol

CD Susan
12-27-2008, 09:50 PM
I contribute my unwanted items to Goodwill as well. I used to just throw them in the garbage but came to realise that this was such a waste. I feel good about donating things to Goodwill. A lot of us shop there and it is a good way to keep our still usable clothing in circulation.

Joanne f
12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Well i have the same problem as you and i suspect a lot more do , once you find that you can buy things it can be hard to stop, i do not know why but at times when i see something i like i find it hard not to buy it , maybe it is just the thrill of buying it, or maybe it is just because i can, i don't know or maybe it is just a female thing (buy it who cares if you need it ) most of the time i can control it (with some effort) but it is there most of the time .
Even if i did not buy it when i get home i wish i had , now that has to be a problem :eek:

suzy
12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Too many clothes???

Throwing clothes away..... Giving clothing away so that you can shop for more???

Sounds like a job for SHOP-A-HOLICS ANONYMOUS!!!!:eek:

I too, am a shop-a-holic..... I have more clothes than I can store in the closets or bureaus and dressers.... but I refuse to toss them out!! I have put my foot down! I am not buying anymore.....ok...well, every once in a while if it is a good enough sale, but I have more clothes than I will wear in my lifetime (and I am trying hard to wear them out:).....

We girls have to be careful.....otherwise we could end up in the poor house! I like the idea of selling some things on ebay.....then I would have to go shopping....:D

JoAnne Wheeler
12-28-2008, 01:52 PM
My spouse asked me the very same thing all the time. She does not like how much I spend on JoAnne. Hasn't stopped me yet. I figure that I only have a certain amount of time on this Earth and JoAnne needs clothes and wigs and shoes and makeup, etc.
Hang in there - probably all of us have heard what you heard at one time or the other.
Love from you sister,
JoAnne Wheeler

Carly D.
12-29-2008, 07:09 PM
THE DAY I DIE.. maybe the days prior to dying if things are messy.. you know what I mean..

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
I always get "the look" from my wife whenever I buy something new. She can't understand why I need so many clothes either. So as difficult as it is, I am a good girl and limit my spending.

Sometimes I just can't help myself though..........

Maria2222
12-29-2008, 07:18 PM
I know what you mean. Sometimes you just can't hold back, like today when I was in Shopko. They had all kinds of heels on sale for less than $15. Despite the fact that I already have about thirty pairs, I bought three more. No way I could pass up those prices. I got a really nice pair of herringbone heels amongst the three.

Jennifer Cox
12-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Well i have the same problem as you and i suspect a lot more do , once you find that you can buy things it can be hard to stop, i do not know why but at times when i see something i like i find it hard not to buy it , maybe it is just the thrill of buying it, or maybe it is just because i can, i don't know or maybe it is just a female thing (buy it who cares if you need it ) most of the time i can control it (with some effort) but it is there most of the time .
Even if i did not buy it when i get home i wish i had , now that has to be a problem :eek:

Lately, I've found it really difficult not to buy stuff. Today, I went to the sales with the intention of buying a couple of tops. Came back with about 6, none in the sale :sad:, and I'm still wishing I'd bought a skirt I saw reduced from £89 to £20.

I've no idea where I'm going to store these clothes, they're still in the car with the ones I bought in a sale on Christmas Eve Lol!

Joanne f
12-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Lately, I've found it really difficult not to buy stuff. Today, I went to the sales with the intention of buying a couple of tops. Came back with about 6, none in the sale :sad:, and I'm still wishing I'd bought a skirt I saw reduced from £89 to £20.

I've no idea where I'm going to store these clothes, they're still in the car with the ones I bought in a sale on Christmas Eve Lol!

:lol: If shops had any sense they would put up a big sign in the window saying " Cross Dressers very :welcom:" if only they knew how we hoard stuff :D

Desiree2bababe
12-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Been there, heard that. In fact, I believe the amount and style (cost) of my clothes heels, and wigs were a major sticky point in her acceptance.

CDPAUL
12-30-2008, 12:19 PM
my wife wants me to get something everytime we go shopping or sometimes she gets me something on her own but she does not like me going out that way (she fears me getting beat up) is it really that bad out there

KarenS
12-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Wife asked me after seeing my new purchases and asking how it went doing the self outing at dress barn today and she asked dont you think you have enough stuff, ...

My wife thinks I have too much and thus, doesn't want to 'waste' the money. If she would gain some weight and buy a new wardrobe, I would be able to share more of hers and not have to be so much. he he. :D

Kelsy
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Something new comes in - something old has to go!! thems the rules in my house:)

Kelsy

Elle1946
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM
I have more girl cloths than boy cloths and am happy about it!

Tammy298
12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
My weakness is stockings, especially vintage stockings! I went several months this year without even looking at stockings on ebay, only to get hooked again while looking for some other special Christmas/Holiday items for me and my wife. I ended up winning 5 or 6 auctions the last few weeks for stockings to add to my collection which now fills two large boxes in the closet! With a great deal of self discipline, I will try to NOT bid on anymore for a while. But it can be sooooo difficult if I see a "bargain" for any of those silky, sheer, long beautiful stockings!

Yes I know, I'm hooked on stockings. My wife knows I have a fetish for them and doesn't say too much since I bribe her by giving her some of the best ones! :D

Cary
12-30-2008, 03:48 PM
This is an interesting thread. I was just wondering the same thing recently. I am a closet CDer with a closet and dresser full of women's clothes. I think I have more femm clothes than male clothes. Everytime I get near a Goodwill or store that sells women's shoes and clothes, all I want to do is go in and shop. There has been a few times I've spent my last on something that could've waited.

krisinpink
12-30-2008, 05:08 PM
love the clothes, and the shopping!

I'm also SERIOUSLY running out of places to put everything (especially the shoes!) :daydreaming:

Jennifer Cox
01-03-2009, 04:34 PM
My wife thinks I have too much and thus, doesn't want to 'waste' the money. If she would gain some weight and buy a new wardrobe, I would be able to share more of hers and not have to be so much. he he. :D

Don't go there! My wife put on weight but passed through my size so quick there's not much I can use :sad:

BekiJ
01-04-2009, 02:40 AM
One can have too much stuff, but not enough storage space. I have a limited amount of space for storage and still remain relatively secure. It must be accesible, but not some place that would be stumbled upon. So as new items are obtained, others have to go.

Hugs
BekiJ

KimberlyS
01-04-2009, 03:38 AM
My wife has asked the "don't you think you have enough" question also. And has added "since you do not wear them very often". And originally it was "since you do not leave the house". Her thoughts at one time was I only needed one outfit.

Just a yesterday when packing to go on this business trip my wife asked me if I had more male or female clothes. I think I still have more male, but getting close. She thinks it is more female easily.

I do need to go through things again and do some weeding out. It is just tough when I like what I buy and and like to shop. For me shopping for femme things even in male mode is one type of femme time for me. Hey one has to take advantage of what time I can get. I was hoping to ask my wife to help me to go through things and weed out things that are not my style, color or just do not look good on me. My fashion sense stinks. She has helped me to do that a few other times. But recently she has been running a bit colder on my CDing and do not need to push things too much. A warmer cycle will be coming some time.

kim

KimberlyS
01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Ah, it's not the how much, it's the what sort.

Haven't you noticed that however much you buy, when you get it back home it all turns out to be sequins and party frocks? And you still haven't found that perfect outfit for Saturday-morning shopping or for walking the dog!

I think it's part of the same syndrome that says you shouldn't shop for food when you're feeling hungry, or you'll buy lots of things you don't need.

LOL Katie, that is me. I am trying to buy more casual things.... but i love the more feminine ones.

Staci
01-04-2009, 08:39 PM
My wife and I talked about how many different outfits that Staci has and how often I like to shop for Staci and rarely for the guy me. Given that I know that I always have something that I will rarely wear we agreed that in order to buy something new I need to donate to Goodwill or Salvation Army something I currently have. So I can shop all I want but there is a catch. We do also include 1 outfit each year that I don't have to donate something so my wardrobe still grows. Believe me it is large enough. This approach also causes me to stop and think a while before I just impulse buy. Works for me.:)

beenherelongtime
01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
i think you've touched on something we all do. we can never have enough of women clothes, it is one, if not the main reason we crossdress.

marny
01-05-2009, 12:04 AM
I have more panies then she has. As long she buries me with my boobs on. It's in the will :strugglin