PDA

View Full Version : A New Year Tradition

Alice B
12-28-2008, 03:40 PM
For years we have had a family and friends New Year's eve get together where we all go out to dinner, take a walk on the OB Pier and then go to our house to welcome in the year. We each are given a large poster board and then cut out photos and sayings from a wide assortment of magazines to show what our goals are for the next year. It's a lot of fun.

This year, beside my wife, will be three others that know I cross dress and one is a male friend who just learned. But, several of our adult children and one grand child will also be there. It would seem like a perfect time to fully come out to the family, but I'm sure my wife would not like that. Yet, I would like to have some subtile reference to my dressing that those that know would understand. At the end of the evening, usually around 3 AM we each show and explain our poster. Any suggestions?

And a Happy New Year to all of you.:love:

JoAnne Wheeler
12-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I really would not dress enfemm at this occasion - it could be a shock to your children and it really could piss your wife off. I would wait for another more intimate occasion and it might help to discuss this with your spouse first.
Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Andrea's Lynne
12-28-2008, 04:31 PM
I have to agree with Joanne. I think there are better ways to get "it" out in the open....and I'd hate to see you alienate your wife by slipping it into your poster board.

That being said, you know your family better than I do! Just don't do anything you think will upset everyone's applecart on a day of celebration.

CD Susan
12-28-2008, 04:34 PM
This is the same thing that a company I recently worked for did as a team building exercise. I did not enjoy this at all and found it to be too much of an intrusion into my privacy. If you are comfortable with this and find it enjoyable then by all means do it. However I would not recommend coming out to such a large group of people at the same time especialy with some of them being children. You should disscuss this with your wife in detail and as for the pictures it would be best to pick these out together ahead of time so you will not feel pressured to find something appropriate at the time of the party.

Annie D
12-28-2008, 04:47 PM
How about some of the activities that you now do but some don't know about? For example; a picture of a foot getting a pedicure or nails painted, or a manicure or new set of nails. Another idea might be ad about getting a make over. Anyway, you get the idea and I'm sure that you are creative and can come up with some better ideas.

CherylKCCD
12-28-2008, 08:58 PM
How nice would it be to include some of the pictures the other ladies described,IE: pedicures, hair care, nice clothing...............even include a dressed up picture of Rupaul. Then add that this depicts one of your goals for 2009, "Taking great care of your wonderful wife."

Subtle enough?

Hugs, Cheryl

Alice B
12-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I'll have to give some thought to some of your ideas. Getting dressed is not an option at all, except for the panties I'll be wearing and painted toe nails. The youngest one there will be 13.