PDA

View Full Version : Looking....

BabsCoopr
12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Does anybody know of any GGs who are in the PCA or similar profession
PCA = Personal Care Attendant - or, in other words, to be arms and legs for the things my arms and legs can't do for me, as well as being a friend to talk with, etc. - Babs

PS: Happy New Year to all, and for goodness sake, designate a driver if you're planning on "bubbly"!

Karren H
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Pca?

KandisTX
12-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Pca?

I'm going to guess here that it means "Panama City Area". but then I could be wrong ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

jennifer41356
12-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Does anybody know of any GGs who are in the PCA or similar profession who would be interested in assisting me in dressing? (Apologies if this is in wrong thread). - Babs

PS: Happy New Year to all, and for goodness sake, designate a driver if you're planning on "bubbly"!

i am not sure what PCA is either, but from the way the sentence
is written could PCA be a business organization?

BabsCoopr
12-29-2008, 08:21 PM
i am not sure what PCA is either, but from the way the sentence
is written could PCA be a business organization?

Being disabled is much like a college teacher - sometimes each thinks that what they know is what others know, too. My humblest appologies for causing confusion. I take no offense....

PCA = Personal Care Attendant - or, in other words, to be arms and legs for the things my arms and legs can't do for me, as well as being a friend to talk with, etc.

More soon

Best, Babs

Sammy777
12-30-2008, 01:19 AM
Oh OK. :doh:

Sorry if my earlier post came off as wrong in any way.
I, like a few others, really had no idea what you were looking for.

But when I hear PCA, Porsche Club of America is the first thing I think of. Sorry, its ingrained in my head.

Here in NJ, they are mostly just referred to as Care Givers, or Nurses Aides.

If you are looking to fill a paid position, there are agencies that "sub" out people, like a temp job.
Check your yellow pages under health care professionals.
An ad in the local paper will also work wonders [if you are up to interviewing a bunch of people to find the right one.]

Hope you find someone, & btw welcome to the forum.

Billijo49504
12-30-2008, 01:43 AM
In Michigan they are CNA or Certified Nurses Aids. If you just need help, hire an adult baby sitter. There are such things. Not licensed, but able to help around the house. Live in might be best...BJ

Daintre
12-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Thanks Babs for clearing that up, I think you will receive a few good ideas now.