PDA

View Full Version : Finding Love through change

Amy Amores
12-29-2008, 01:22 PM
I am a 24yr male, that is exploring my crossdressing ways, and i wanted to know would me wearing female clothing hurt my chances at finding a girlfriend?

charlie
12-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Hello Amy!
Welcome to the forum! I hope you get as much out of reading and asking questions here as I do. I find it helps to have several hundred other "girls" that are like you to talk to. As for girlfriend finding....it can't help you. Most GG's want to have a guy that is their prince charming and knight in shinning armor. Somehow, CD's in their own short skirts and panties does not fit that image. You may get very lucky and find a girl that likes your feminine side however. Include it in your search and you may just get lucky. Most women will run from it thiough as it seems weird.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Without a doubt, it will make finding a GG more difficult. Most, if not all, want a man. They don't want a man who dresses in girl's clothing. Now most of them don't really know much about crossdressing, but I really do believe that all other things being equal, they would choose a non-dresser.

However, if you are lucky enough to find that GG who accepts and even plays along with crossdressing, grab her fast, real fast !

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Karren H
12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Well all depends on when you tell her.. Before or after.. If you tell any of the potential GFs before.. Your chances of getting a girl friend drops from 99% to say less than 1%.. More like 0.1%. . If your wait and tell her after you start dating.. The chances of keeping a girl friend drop of to maybe less than 5%.. In my humble opinion. Any way you go. Crossdressing will drastically effect you chances of getting and keeping a mate.. So if that's a big problem!! Run away and don't look back!!

Toni_Lynn
12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi Amy

As a person who searched for years for that right one to come along, I can tell you that it does make it a wee bit more difficult, but some of that is in our own mind.

The key is that you can't make your crossdressing the only thing or the # 1 thing upon which your search or relationship will be built on. Find someone with compatible interests say in music or movies or whatever and then get to know each other. Then ... be prepared to tell her ... and ... be prepared to love her so much that you would rather let her go than hurt her.

If you take a look at a thread that's called What do you like most about Women?

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95428

If you treat a girl with all the romantic intent as is shown in that thread, then I can't see why most girls who aren't stuck in macho land would reject you!

Just be kind, loving, and romantic. Be loyal. Treat any girl you meet with love and respect. Do all these things before telling her.

But above all ... do not deceive her. She will need to know the fullness of you.

May cupid's arrow fly from you to your perfect match. It happened for me -- surely it can for you!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

jsunic_1978
12-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Hi Amy

As a person who searched for years for that right one to come along, I can tell you that it does make it a wee bit more difficult, but some of that is in our own mind.

The key is that you can't make your crossdressing the only thing or the # 1 thing upon which your search or relationship will be built on. Find someone with compatible interests say in music or movies or whatever and then get to know each other. Then ... be prepared to tell her ... and ... be prepared to love her so much that you would rather let her go than hurt her.

If you take a look at a thread that's called What do you like most about Women?

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95428

If you treat a girl with all the romantic intent as is shown in that thread, then I can't see why most girls who aren't stuck in macho land would reject you!

Just be kind, loving, and romantic. Be loyal. Treat any girl you meet with love and respect. Do all these things before telling her.

But above all ... do not deceive her. She will need to know the fullness of you.

May cupid's arrow fly from you to your perfect match. It happened for me -- surely it can for you!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

its really tough..!!! i just tell women up front..now i like to crossdress they always got scared off by finding out months later i just meat someone 2 weeks ago..she knows..at the first second we meat...she had read my siginals i want to be more than a friend...we get along well!!

trisha59
12-29-2008, 06:24 PM
i wanted to know would me wearing female clothing hurt my chances at finding a girlfriend?

If its on the first date I would say yes

subaru_forster
12-29-2008, 06:37 PM
There may be times you feel that nobody in her right mind would want you as you are, and you may even have people you're out to tell you such. But it's important to always have faith in yourself. It took me nearly two years of searching to find who turned out to be the right one for me, and for some that journey may take longer. Just keep looking forward. You'll find someone. You are also lucky to be part of a generation that is more accepting of this sort of thing. I say all of this from experience.

mklinden2010
12-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I am a 24yr male, that is exploring my crossdressing ways, and i wanted to know would me wearing female clothing hurt my chances at finding a girlfriend?

Maybe, maybe not...

A lot depends on y-o-u.

You say you're "exploring." Well, good luck with that, Livingston. This is not an easy expedition to share with others. But, once you've made the trip, you might be a better person for it. Hey, it could happen!

When planning a trip, or, in the middle of one, if you just tell people what you're thinking about doing, where you might be going, etc., their feedback can be very helpful in getting you there better and quicker, or, getting you to an even better place.

Personally, I've never had a problem either way when it comes to CDing. Some women are just not great with any issue, others take the ball (no pun intended) and run with it faster than you may want to...

Dating... It's just practice until you and the other person figure out if something works for the both of you.

So, practice, practice, practice!

It will be worth it.

Good luck and good living.

Sally24
12-29-2008, 10:11 PM
I've had a number of friends hit upon by GG's in the clubs. There are girls out there that are interested, they're just in the minority.

Good luck!

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Amy,

Yes, it will hurt your chances of finding a girlfriend. Most girls just won't understand.

There are girls that will however. I have been married for over 20 years to a wonderful woman that fully accepts me for whom I am. She has known about my crossdressing since before we were married. If you do meet a girl that accepts you, remember to honor her needs. We as crossdressers tend to be a self centered bunch.

Sammy777
12-29-2008, 11:50 PM
I am a 24yr male, i wanted to know would me wearing female clothing hurt my chances at finding a girlfriend?

A few things to consider:
You have age on your side, younger girls today tend to be less freaked out by it. Not totally cool with it, just less freaked out by it & more willing to be open about it.

But showing up your first date in a sundress & pumps is still a no-no, lol

You'll find that girls/women for the most part tend to be OK with a guy who CD's ........
As long as your NOT THEIR BF Sort of a odd thing, but it is true.
Apparently CD'ers make great friends, just not great BF's.
[Generally speaking of course, so put the pitchforks down, lol]

Also a big factor is just what are you wearing & when are you wearing it?
Do you plan or do you now wear girls clothes at all in public?
Would you like to or plan to sometime in the future?

Also, it depends on your social surroundings.
Rocker, Goth, Emo, ect. types can get away with certain looks & clothes most others can not.
Wearing of say, girls jeans in public is done & ok with some, while a no no with most other mainstream types/groups/ect.

It sounds like you are sorta just getting started........
Well hang on for the ride of your life! lol

If you are only doing this in private & not to often don't think about it or have it at the fore front when looking for a GF.

While the earlier the better for telling someone is good, it is something that does not need to be discussed on the first date either.

Sooooooooo feel in some of the blanks for us & you will find/get an answer for every question you ask here.

So welcome aboard & hope you stay a while.

MissConstrued
12-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Your chances are exactly the same as any other guy's -- and just like everyone else, entirely dependent on YOU. Your attitude, your confidence, your character, your wit. A woman needs a warrior, and if you're a warrior, it doesn't matter if you're wearing biker leathers or a pink frock.

Okay, maybe just a little. But it's minor. Never hurts to have both. :heehee: