PDA

View Full Version : CD New Year's Resolutions!

docrobbysherry
12-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Do u have anything CD oriented that you've planned for 2009? They DON"T have to be resolutions! Maybe just hopes or dreams?:)

Implants? Srs? Going out dressed for the first time? Going to a CD conference?Buying that special gown? Maybe just losing enough pounds to get into the gown u have? Have a make over? Date, or make love to, someone while dressed? :heehee:

Something really far out? Something very simple? Now's your chance to put your plans and/or dreams down in print!

Mine r quite ordinary: I want to lose my holiday lbs., get a better feel of what my CDing is all about, and maybe go out to a club with some of the wild OC girls! ( The last one is definitely NOT a resolution, but a dream!):o

Karren H
12-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Just same old same old... play with makeup a lot.... dress as much as I can... go out enfemme as often as my schedule lets me... shop till I run out of money.....

renee k
12-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Well for me it's going to be losing some weight. Bet that's on the top of everyone's list. Gained alittle since the hip replacement surgery, I want to lose twenty pounds get down to 150 lbs. I have my road bike on a trainer, want to ride twenty miles a day in the house. Get a neck lift, that will happen in March. And get some new hair (wigs). Plus make it to TG conventions like Be-All, and SCC, in 2009.
Huggs, Renee

JoAnne Wheeler
12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
I plan to bring my crossdressing to new heights - wild about CDing !

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Kelsy
12-29-2008, 08:11 PM
My goals for '09 are: to get out!! continue perfecting my look and my feminine attributes, lose 15lbs, and to just enjoy this wonderful gift!!
and oh yes! shop!!!:heehee:

Kelsy

CD Susan
12-29-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't know if this could be called a resolution but it is my goal to have a professional makeover done in 2009. I have been searching for a place that performs this service and when I find one that is close enough to me I will go there and have this done.

_Cecilie_
12-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Go out :)

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Just same old same old... play with makeup a lot.... dress as much as I can... go out enfemme as often as my schedule lets me... shop till I run out of money.....

I like your game plan, Karren.

For me, I think I'll start attending the meetings of the CD support group in my area again.

Oh, yeah, and dress more often!

PhillyGuy2Girl
12-29-2008, 08:30 PM
My goal for 2009 is to go to my first CD event. Get all dolled up and go out.

Felicity :)

Jilmac
12-29-2008, 10:18 PM
My plans are to attend the Be All in Chicago in May. I'm hoping to have enough money saved by then but I'll just have to see how 2009 unfolds for me.

MJ
12-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Do u have anything CD oriented that you've planned for 2009? They DON"T have to be resolutions! Maybe just hopes or dreams?

Something really far out? Something very simple? Now's your chance to put your plans and/or dreams down in print!

Going out dressed for the first time? done that years ago

Going to a CD conference? did that last year at scc what a blast

Buying that special gown? i don't think so ..

Maybe just losing enough pounds to get into the gown u have? i wish

Have a make over?. done that so much fun

Date, or make love to, someone while dressed no

implants? well thats my goal and very soon too

Srs? the same time i get my implants within the next 130 days but who's counting:D

jenniferTgurl
12-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Would love to have a make over and of course a few pix taken to mark the event but places to do that in this area are rare

justice3856
12-30-2008, 03:24 AM
I suppose I want to come out to more people in '09. It feels so good to come out to people, and I feel the sooner the better because I just cannot gather the courage to come out to my old friends.

Chari
12-30-2008, 04:58 AM
I've been told my feminine side makes me more relaxed, understanding, and caring, so I'm going to be as feminine as I can be - every day of the year!

Sara Jessica
12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Electrolysis or laser so I can stop plucking!!!

Jess_cd32
12-30-2008, 10:12 AM
My resolution is to just enjoy life to the fullest one day at a time and to finally discuss cd-ing with my SO very soon hopefully, and hope it goes well:doh:
To also dress as much as I want and get to the makeup aspect next:)

Michl41
12-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I would like to actually meet another CDer to talk, shop, get advice from etc.......

Raquelle C
12-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Make over and go out with my CD friends!

Denise01
12-30-2008, 11:31 AM
My goal is to be myself, and have Denise get out more and more all the time.

Hope within the next year to re-locate, at which time i hope to be able to come out and live as Denise 24/7

Denise

:):):):):)

StacyCD
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
My goal is for my femme side to be accepted by my SO. Unfortunately, much of this is out of my control. Until then, I'll dress as often as I can.

Katrina red nails
12-30-2008, 03:45 PM
I am very much with Stacy. Want to win my wife over but it aint gonna be easy. One other thing is to lose weight so my pregnant stomach disappears and stuff looks nicer.

cindym5_04
12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't have any CD related resolutions or anything like that for 2009. I do have the following that I want to focus on:

1) Toning up and losing just a touch of weight- maybe 5 or so lbs.

2) Being that Fall Semester was the first time I've been to school since I graduated High School in 1990, I'm doing well in my classes, but I need to focus a bit more and shoot for A's instead of just going for a B or a C. Especially, this will be true when I transfer to Penn State's World Campus in summer.

3) I need to help keep up my share of the chores around the house.

Elizebeth
12-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Get, good at makeup.

Cary
12-30-2008, 04:02 PM
I would like to actually meet another CDer to talk, shop, get advice from etc.......

I like this ideal.

Some of the other things to add to this in 09 would be.....

2. To dress more and get better at it.

1. Love myself and others more

3. Go out dressed(start on a out of town trip or on a night drive)

4. learn more about cding and what it means to be a CDer.

5. Join a local CDer group.

charlie
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Hello Sherry!
I have purchased two corsets and I want to lose a bit of weight and get an hour glass figure like you have! I also have purchased a few dresses that are belted or tailored at the waist so the corsets can do their job. For a resolution, I want to go out to a nice restaurant and have a meal with a few of the girls I have met while out and about.

Cassia-Marie
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
My resolution is to be more outgoing and meet up with other local CDers. I have a tendency to be a little shy or withdrawn and I think it's because I'm surrounded by people that I don't feel will accept my feminine side. I'd like to meet other CDers and make new friends with the hopes of eventually gathering up the courage to get dressed up and go out.

LaurenRenee
12-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Hmmm, let's see...

1. Get down to a size 10 (okay I'll be happy with a size 12)

2. Dress more (duh!)

3. Have a makeover.

4. Go to a CD meeting and go en femme

5. Get out and meet people as Lauren.

6. Go to the beach or out on a boat as Lauren (love to get those fem tan lines but alas!)

7. Spend an extended period of time as Lauren, 24x7.

8. Shop for a new wardrobe.

9. Be able to pay for the new wardrobe.

10. Have the courage to be who I am.

Margaret
12-30-2008, 04:48 PM
I will need to keep pace with my wife's weight loss. We are both similar weight but her exercise and diet regime is starting to pay dividends.

DeborahAnne
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Firstly to lose those extra pounds, otherwise there will be an awful lot of dresses and skirts for sale on EBay.
Secondly to go through the epilating pain once a week instead of once every two weeks, hopefully it wont be so painful then.
Thirdly to meet more of the girls I chat with on line

Alex!
12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Defining my crossdressing as artistic expression more so than gender expression. I think this is a niche that is rare but worth exploring.

Joanne Curl
12-30-2008, 04:57 PM
My first one is probably on most people's list- lose weight. I had a broken toe and then problems with my back so I haven't been able to exercise for several months and the pounds came creeping back! Next is to dress more. I've haven't been able to dress for a couple of months and I can't think about anything else!
Happy New Year, here's to hoping that 2009 is better for us all-
Joanne

xoAmandaxo85
12-30-2008, 11:38 PM
my new years resolution is to start on hormones so that I can have srs done on me

cd_britney_426
12-31-2008, 12:11 AM
My goals for 2009:

1. Focus more on being my true self and spend less time worrying about what others think and also avoid suppressing my feminine nature to fit in.

2. Coming out to relevant people by letting them know about my cross-dressing and that I am potentially transgendered.

3. Improve various female skills such as getting better with makeup, getting better at shopping without needing another TG along or worrying about the stares, work on my feminine voice, female walk, and other good stuff like that.

4. Look into the possibility of electrolosys. I don't like shaving as it is time-consuming and too frequently I am cutting my face and legs trying to get it perfect. I've never liked facial hair anyway so I don't have a problem making such permenant changes to my body even though I'm not considered a TS.

5. Potentially dabble into going out as Britney to non-TG environments from time to time such as regular stores, restaurants, etc.

That should be plenty to focus on for the new year. I've got 365 days to really do some interesting stuff and I don't see myself procrastinating on this one! :) Britney

Veronica 1
12-31-2008, 12:23 AM
I hope to get rid of my belly, take better care of my skin, eat better, and enjoy every day as it comes.

Cari
12-31-2008, 12:34 AM
In the past Ive taken time off from dressing and not even logged in anywhere.
So for 2009 my resolution is to stay in touch with the community even when Im not actively dressing.

I have 2 people Id like to come out to.

Then I have all the "just good for me" ones lose weight , skin care ect.

Hope everyone has a great New Year.

Cari

txrobinm
12-31-2008, 12:35 AM
improve balance between Robin time and husband/father time.
actually make it OUT to a Halloween event en femme.
figure out this makeup thing.
buy a pair of pumps (I've only got boots right now, and my new skirts NEED to show some more leg!).
ride my bike regularly, but in such a way as to not get biker's thighs (I've lost 15 lbs on the QESDM diet- Quit Eating So Darn Much- and will only lose another 10-15 through increased cardio).

Susan G
12-31-2008, 01:02 AM
I Promise to myself to go out into Public, "Not just in the car" at least once a Month.........:battingeyelashes:

Suzy Harrison
12-31-2008, 01:22 AM
There are just 3 things that I want to complete, all within 6 months:

Get my weight down to 147 pounds (67kg) ~ Last year I shed 24 pounds. I need to loose another 11 pounds.

Complete my facial hair removal ~ I've had 8 sessions of laser already. I'll do 4 more and then start electroylsis.

Go full Time ~ Just about everything is in place already. I just need some time for the hormones to give me an edge.

kimmy p
12-31-2008, 09:06 AM
I resolved years ago not to make anymore resolutions! And this one I kept!:D

StaceyJane
12-31-2008, 09:20 AM
I resolve to...
Come out to my family
Go out in public as Stacey
Win $250,000,000 dollar powerbal lottery. I would then buy a huge mansion and invite all you girls over for a huge tg housewarming party!!

NikkiBeth
12-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Get back on track with my weight loss program. I've been stuck at the same weight +/-10 for over a year. Need to push to the next plateau- another 25lbs and I will be a comfortable size! 14. :)
Improve Nikki's overall female appearance, find her voice, improve her mannerism's, make-up, hair, walk etc.
Increase my "Nikki Time"
Acceptance of Nikki by my wife.
Add to my clothes and shoe wardrobe:heehee:

Secret Sis
12-31-2008, 10:05 AM
Two main ones for me...

1. Lose about 50 lbs.. I'm back to the point where it's hard to look at myself in the mirror while dressed.:sad:

2. Let my wife know about my CDing... I've been chickening out on this one for a long time but I'm GOING to make it happen this year!

Best wishes for a happy new year to all!

Kate Simmons
12-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Nothing really with the exception of being closer to Zero Point. Expect the same as we had in 2008 except more of it as 2008 was just a sample, so enjoy the ride my friends.:)

PretzelGirl
12-31-2008, 10:43 AM
I will have to think about mine. Better makeup techniques sure tops the list.

A common one seems to be weight loss. This is one that I was successful at this year as I am reaching my goal. So I would like to offer a few tips that helped me through:

1. They say that writing down goals helps you to commit to them in your mind. I feel the same about calories. I used http://caloriecount.about.com to track what I ate and it helped me keep in line by totaling my daily intake plus the nutrition levels.

2. Small meals. Some people can't help but snack some, so you have to give in somewhere. Smaller meals help. Spread your food out across the whole day instead of eating a lot in one sitting.

3. For that matter, split a meal up into two to three "sessions". Have part of it now and another part 1-2 hours later. This could help eliminate some snacking.

4. Eat slowly. You will feel satisfied with less food.

Good luck to all on your goals!

jessicacd43
12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Heres mine

1 - get down to a size 10
2- Attend Be All from Tuesday to Sunday!!!
3 - Find those red high heels
4 - dress more
5 - have nothing but VS panties
6 - Wear that pink formal dress out
Hugs
Jessica

sybercom11
12-31-2008, 11:18 AM
My goals for '09 are: to get out!! continue perfecting my look and my feminine attributes, lose 15lbs, and to just enjoy this wonderful gift!!
and oh yes! shop!!!:heehee:

Kelsy

This is a great answer, Kelsy! I am a lot like you. Overall, I just want to enjoy this wonderful of feeling and wanting to be more feminine!

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Lose at least 60 lbs and go to the gym in a short skirt and cami to exercise. Possibly, tell some closer work associates that I dress up occassionally. :battingeyelashes:

courtneyjo
12-31-2008, 03:01 PM
My resolutions CD-wise are to look better as a female--->get better at make-up! Also, to get a wig that maxmizes my femininity. :daydreaming:

Petra Bellejambes
12-31-2008, 03:34 PM
A lot of happiness depends on that. It would not be fair to develop my femme side in the dark. To her, or to my wife. And it would steal a lot of happiness from all of me.

That is the biggie for 2009. The rest is trivia (even though the rest of it really gets my little heart patting...)

Jennifer Cox
12-31-2008, 05:02 PM
For me it's about taking small steps. I've booked my first appointment with a dressing service - just gonna take it from there! :)

Ellen Ross
12-31-2008, 07:41 PM
My resolution centers around make-up! I need to be able to do a good job at a must faster pace. My goal is to be able to make a 30 minute transition by the end of summer.

Jennifer Marie P.
12-31-2008, 08:41 PM
My CD resoulution is to go to full time and go to more CD groups.

Kendra08
01-01-2009, 12:47 PM
My resolution is to increase self acceptance and be more out with my friends.

Raychel
01-01-2009, 01:20 PM
My main goal for this year is to loose some weight and to get some bills paid off, That way next year I can set a goal for more clothes. :thumbsup:

Carole Cross
01-01-2009, 01:29 PM
One of my resolutions a couple of weeks ago was to go out en femme but I did that last night. :D
Another resolution is to start the ball rolling for my transition which will hopefully be in the next couple of weeks if I can get the time off work. :idontknow:
My other resolution is to find a new job, preferably better paid so I can buy more clothes and accesories. :)

I do need to lose some weight also, at least 30 pouinds.

Christa001
01-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Mine are as follows :
-Go out dressed
-Join a CD support group
-Lose 4 dress sizes

Just a few of many that i have! :daydreaming:

Happy new year to all
:love:

tonya2
01-01-2009, 03:07 PM
2009 Plans CD related.
Go to the Vegas convention later in the year.
Learn how to do makeup, having trouble with that one.
Try hitting the Oakwood club up in L.A. Will ricon it in Male mode.
Go out dressed for the first time.
Go shopping for the first time. Up till now its internet only.
Try and meet an accepting g/g to have some fun with.
Drop 10 more lbs.
Stimulate more breast growth.

Happy New Year All

Tonya

Sarah89
01-01-2009, 03:55 PM
hmm lets see, ..
- Get my eyebrows shaped
- SHOP WAY MORE
- Get good at makeup
- Acheive a feminine voice (haha god damn that'll be hard)

I think I was going to try and acheive all them last year, but The pink fog left me for like 6 months :p and its only just came back , All the more excuse to go into high gear :D

ahleahrose1963
01-02-2009, 12:46 AM
1 go out in the car, 2 do my make up better 3 find heels that fit. 4 lose about 60 lbs make my doctor happy(lol)

kayesimone
01-02-2009, 02:01 AM
having moved out on my own, i will shop more since i have lots of closet space...lose weight and work on my girlish figure...work on movement and dance and voice. and most of all dress up and go out!

"...what good is sitting all alone in your room, come hear the music play..."

linnea
01-02-2009, 10:31 AM
My general goals are pretty much the same as they have been: lose weight, get out en femme more, practice my smile and my walk and my voice.
I also want to tell my daughter my whole story (she knows a little), develop some GG friendships that have started and in which my CDing is known, and enjoy going out thoroughly.
I hope to spend an evening at a club or do some other activity with my GG friends.

SallyJ
01-03-2009, 01:44 PM
My goal is to continue slowly coming out to friends and neighbors so I can stop hiding and be myself.

Erin Campbell
01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I made a couple of resolutions this year:

1. Dress more, get better at my own makeup, and enjoy my look

2. Join a support group to help me explore my dressing much more than I have so far

3. Build friendships with other CDs, either on this forum or any place I can find one willing to be my friend

sandyb40c
01-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't like to make resolutions, but I do have some hopes and dreams for the coming year.

I took some pics of myself dressed at home recently and was horrified at how much weight I have put on - far too much snacking and not enough exercising! At 6ft0 I am over 240lbs. I want to be under 200 by the summer.

My main dream would be to explore coming out to my wife. Only a couple of times during our 18 year marriage have I had the opportunity, but both times have chickened out, mainly because of some comments she had made about CDs shopping in the store she used to work in.

I would also love to pluck up the courage to go out dressed as Sandra. Presently I go shopping in drab, but often wearing not so obviously female clothes (i.e. girlie jeans, women's pants, almost gender neutral tops), always underdressed. This would involve shaving my goatee off, doing something about my body hair and getting a wig (I'm bald/have a shaved head). Strangely my wife hates my facial hair and for some reason I can't explain I always resist her attempts to shave it off!

Maybe if I could come out to my wife the rest would be easy.

Anyways, Happy New Year to you all!

Rachel B42
01-03-2009, 07:11 PM
The more I read, the more I want to do. I think I'll begin by perfecting my look and attempting to go out more, very scarry.

Emily Anderson
01-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I guess by OC, you mean Orange County? In that case, go for it!!! I used to work down that way, and I must say they are a pretty open-minded bunch of people, so long as you can handle a bit of teasing :)

Oh, and to answer the question: I don't believe in a point in time for making resolutions. I make them constantly.

Morford
01-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Three that I'm willing to commit to:

Get my ears pierced - A fairly inexpensive procedure, and almost no chance of accidentally busting the closet door. But it'll sure feel nice wearing danglies around the apartment!
Get into a better personal hygiene routine - Everything needs a little work, but shaving more often and doing a better job of keeping my legs and such moisturized are a couple big ones.
Spend less money on my femme side - Yes, you read that correctly. After a full semester, the fact that I'm once again a poor college student is starting to sink in, so I need to stop buying new stuff and figure out how to get more use out of what I have.

That said, there are plenty of things I'd like to do—go to a salon (even if it's just for the "men's grooming manicure"), head to a club while dressed, and (who knows?) maybe go out with another man and see where things lead—but I doubt (to differing degrees) whether my lifestyle, personality, and financial status will allow it.