PDA

View Full Version : Are you a CD? secret question

_Cecilie_
12-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Is there something to ask someone if you suspect he a fellow CD'er? Except the direct question :heehee:

There should be a question/answer we could use, something like: "Dont you love the way the girls dress this time of the year? / It sure is a good time of the year." Maybe with a follow up question to take away any doubt :battingeyelashes:

Jeannie
12-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Cecilie,

I think there was a thread a few months back about this subject and if I remember correctly most everyone seemed to think it was not good to get to close. I know I would be to bashful to even ask the question (here's to life in the closet). Maybe things have changed and it is time we all showed our support for the sisterhood. Great idea though.

Jeannie

Karren H
12-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I've always been partial to the secret decoder ring that flashes pink when ever another crossdresser is in the same isle... And If it flashes red it means my wife is in the same isle.. :D. Guess if it flashes blue I'm in Kmart?

Jilmac
12-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I know similar threads have popped up from time to time but I agree, there should be some sort of a secret code that we can use to identify ourselves to other crossdressers. Some girls have suggested displaying the yin yang symbol as a sort of badge, perhaps as a ring or lapel pin. I have pierced ears so I would not be averse to a small stud in my lobe.

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 10:06 PM
I was at Wally World a few weeks ago and there was a man shopping for makeup (I was too). He had a list in his hand to make it look like he was shopping for his SO. I have done that! I thought about saying something but I didn't. Some things are better left alone.

beenherelongtime
12-29-2008, 11:28 PM
we'd have to be like the CIA, change the code often, communicate to everybody and we would drive ourselves nuts.

Sammy777
12-30-2008, 12:08 AM
I've always been partial to the secret decoder ring that flashes pink when ever another crossdresser is in the same isle... And If it flashes red it means my wife is in the same isle.. :D. Guess if it flashes blue I'm in Kmart?

I'm with Karren on the secret decoder ring, lol.

Just don't try & sell me Ovaltine (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/) with it......... LOL

Seriously though,
A Red/Blue Ying/Yang symbol like the logo at the top of the page was a nice idea.
Yes, Pink & Blue would be nice but to "out" to be worn in secret.

PretzelGirl
12-30-2008, 12:09 AM
That list may be real. I have to use a list for my daughter no matter how many times I have to get the same thing for her. For me? I am still in the very beginning stage so I couldn't hope to make a list and know what to write down.

_Cecilie_
12-30-2008, 12:20 AM
A ring sounds like a good idea. I just got married and with it now wears my first ring. Could definately wear another on the thumb or pinky.

sissystephanie
12-30-2008, 12:26 AM

Just don't try & sell me Ovaltine (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/) with it......... LOL

What, you have something against Ovaltine? How about a box of cereal with your ring deep inside?

A ring like that would be nice, but I think I will just continue on as I have done for many years. Live my life and let others live thiers!

Alice Torn
12-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Karren, If you don't have your decoding ring, you could make the cder's day, by calling the crossdressing penalty on the cder!

Brandiwvr
12-30-2008, 12:37 AM
we in aa ask "are you a freind of bill or dr bob". so may i ask how is the pink going? but only to someone that shows some real signs, ears perced etc... works real good in alcoholics annonamous.

CD Susan
12-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Jeannie, I am a member of a cd group called "Pinky Pals". The members of this group wear a ring on thier right hand pinky finger to identify themselves to each other. There is also a catch phrase that is used by some cd's that are in the know. It works like this, if you meet someone that you suspect is a fellow cd'er the thing to say to her is "do you know her". If she responds with "better than she knows herself" then you have met another cd'er that happens to know of this catch phrase. If you get a different response just say "excuse me I thought you were someone else". This only works when both parties know of this and it is unfortunate that more of us do not know of this. It is always difficult to approach another cd in most circumstances. Most of us would not want to know that we have been read and there is also the possibility that you might be talking to a real GG.

MissConstrued
12-30-2008, 01:33 AM
I like the query/response thing from the old spy novels.

"Do you know when the next train leaves for Vladivostok?"

"Why? I hear the weather is better in Tripoli!"

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-30-2008, 03:09 AM

Just don't try & sell me Ovaltine (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/) with it......... LOL.

LOL!! I slurped coffee thinking the same thing! Ya beat me to it!

*hugs*

Zarabeth

Tracii G
12-30-2008, 03:45 AM
I wear a silver band on the right pinky and have for a year or so.
Had a lady ask if I was Bi sexual.She seemed to think thats what the pinky ring meant.

prene
12-30-2008, 03:50 AM
I love the question.
I will be looking to see if there is a decoder ring or something.

Go one _Cecilie_

Sammy777
12-30-2008, 07:14 AM
I like the query/response thing from the old spy novels.
"Do you know when the next train leaves for Vladivostok?"
"Why? I hear the weather is better in Tripoli!"

Or how about:

Give me a ping, Vasili.
One ping only, please.

Karren H
12-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Or how about:

Give me a ping, Vasili.
One ping only, please.

Only if your crossdressing on a Russian submarine? hahaha

immike
12-30-2008, 07:19 AM
Is there something to ask someone if you suspect he a fellow CD'er? Except the direct question :heehee:

There should be a question/answer we could use, something like: "Dont you love the way the girls dress this time of the year? / It sure is a good time of the year." Maybe with a follow up question to take away any doubt :battingeyelashes:
I am a closet CD,and happy to be one.I started dressing at age 13,using mothers clothes.i had a marvelous time,sneaking into her closet&dressing in her wardrobe.

catriona36
12-30-2008, 07:38 AM
ummm in this day where we can be held on another countries land for years without charge, im staying away from secret codes lol :love:

JoAnne Wheeler
12-30-2008, 07:50 AM
I would be very reluctant to ask someone out in public - we don't know what their status is or what they might be going through at the time.

I do think that it would be neat to have a pin or something, like the pink ribbons for cancer, that we could wear - something that was both pink and blue - like the round design on the top of these posts !

What do you all think ?

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

foxyjj111
12-30-2008, 09:19 AM
i think there are just so many types and levels of crossdressing we all take part in that not all of us care to even know if others are involved. the way i look at it, i am open to anyone who is cool with it and not looking to out me to the world. so although i am not publicly open there are many who know and i for one would be the first to openly engage a stranger in the makeup section if i knew he was a cd.
someone mentioned that some cders would run and post online that they almost got outed. lol. probably true but they can choose of course to not wear the (PINK RING) or (YING YANG), i am partial to the ying yang as its sybolic reference is perfect for our community.
anyway, awsome idea and i for one would proudly flash my ring:)

laura.lapinski
12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
It's a great idea, but it wouldn't take long for society to know what the secret code is, which would relegate it to an explicit symbol of a declaration of being a CD.

jessielee
12-30-2008, 09:42 AM
glad to hear about codes such as the "better than she knows herself" response.
Karen, you are always just too funny! love it and you.
wasn't the result of the last go around a lavender ribbon 'round your right wrist?
so sad that you could be signing cd and read as bisexual, but that's par for the course these days.
when i was new to the West, i wanted to wear some real conservative jewelry, relatively conservative! a silver ear cuff given me by a grassroots person, a First American. wanting to not send any inaccurate signals, i investigated and heard that "west of the Mississippi, wear and ear ring on the left if you're straight. however, east of the Big Muddy, is the reverse!"
oh boy.
i drove a delightful lady through Yellowstone last summer who my other passengers derided, calling her a "he." i wanted to ask her but heeded advice read here and did not. she left me a vintage park brochure care of my company and with no note. wish i had a way to contact her now. chose discretion. wished i'd had a code.

sometimes_miss
12-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Just went back to the 'pinky pals' website. A ring of a naked woman, legs spread wide, straddling my finger, is not exactly subtle. There's gotta be a better way.

PretzelGirl
12-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Only if your crossdressing on a Russian submarine? hahaha
Not that there is a whole lot else to do. But the closet space would suck! :D

_Cecilie_
12-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm starting to like the idea of a ying/yang ring on the right pinky, along with hthe question mentioned earlier "do you know her?".

Might get tis:
http://www.amazon.com/Blackline-Design-Stainless-BodyPUNKS-RBS-029/dp/B000XKJCS8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=jewelry&qid=1230658795&sr=1-6

There is alot of different rings to accomodate differet tastes.

I dont want to know other cd'ers other than to maybe chat and show that we are in the same boat. Mainly want to wear the ring when in drab and when I want to "tell" who I am. Wont wear it at work necessarily.

Maybe I should start a poll:
- Would you accept a ying/yang ring on your right pinky as symbol of a cd'er? And followed by a question/answer "Do you know her?"/"Better than she knows herself"
*yes
*no, I would suggest something else like...
*yes, but I wont wear a symbol
*no, I think it' all silly

Sammy777
12-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Maybe I should start a poll:
- Would you accept a ying/yang ring on your right pinky as symbol of a cd'er? And followed by a question/answer
"Do you know her?"/"Better than she knows herself"

Or "Hi how is Cindy?"
Cin Dy / C D / see where I'm going with this right? lol

Your response can actually indicate what level your at.
"Out n about"
"Stuck at home"
"Cleaning her closets"
"OK, you pick one now, lol"

Of course a response of
"Who is Cindy?"
"How do you my friend Cindy?"
"I don't know anybody named Cindy"
Gets the "Oh, sorry wrong person, Thanks anyway"

krisinpink
12-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi Everyone!

If I might chime in, I like the 'Do you Know Her / Better than she knows herself ' Approach

I also like the CinDy idea!

suzypier
12-30-2008, 05:18 PM
I was at Wally World a few weeks ago and there was a man shopping for makeup (I was too). He had a list in his hand to make it look like he was shopping for his SO. I have done that! I thought about saying something but I didn't. Some things are better left alone.

I believe that when you are in the closet you do not want to give sign to nobody. I have also done that at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, shopping with a list to make believe it was not for me. :o

almalove
12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
In theory it sounds realy good and I wish it could be posible, that said, in reality I would not even try for fear of outting my self, sorry

Alma

_Cecilie_
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Whatever it becomes I've ordered my Yin Yang pinky ring :)

Kate Simmons
12-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Decoder rings and signals notwithstanding, the real "secret" in in the "sauce".:battingeyelashes::)

Samantha43
12-30-2008, 08:04 PM
It's a great idea, but it wouldn't take long for society to know what the secret code is, which would relegate it to an explicit symbol of a declaration of being a CD.

Yeah, I'll pass on it.

Tina P Hose
12-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I've always been partial to the secret decoder ring that flashes pink when ever another crossdresser is in the same isle... And If it flashes red it means my wife is in the same isle.. . Guess if it flashes blue I'm in Kmart?
If it flashes YELLOW, you must be at WALMART, no health insurance for employees, lack of full time jobs, many products made in China, lack of quality associates, look out for falling prices ...re****ing in fewer quality American jobs...and don't get me started about polar bears.

jessica19cd
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
i think there are just so many types and levels of crossdressing we all take part in that not all of us care to even know if others are involved. the way i look at it, i am open to anyone who is cool with it and not looking to out me to the world. so although i am not publicly open there are many who know and i for one would be the first to openly engage a stranger in the makeup section if i knew he was a cd.
someone mentioned that some cders would run and post online that they almost got outed. lol. probably true but they can choose of course to not wear the (PINK RING) or (YING YANG), i am partial to the ying yang as its sybolic reference is perfect for our community.
anyway, awsome idea and i for one would proudly flash my ring:)

i agree. everyone is different and no one is the same. but maybe you could comment on a women's outfit and that could maybe hint if the person is a crossdresser. i really don't think there'll ever be an easy way to identify someone as a crossdresser.

emmicd
12-31-2008, 01:47 AM
Something subtle like girl socks.

I like to wear girl socks and girl shoes.

My girlie shoes look almost like guy shoes but a bit feminine.

emmi

Cari
12-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Usually I check UR not alone and a couple other forums that let you sort by region and see who shows. If I think I have a match Ill e-mail them, Id never approach them in public, I like the idea of handing out a card if they are dressed.

The only time I am tempted to introduce myself is when I read someone. Other CD's are like speed readers and it can shake you confidence when a guy looks at you and just grins and nods. Its kinda a "is my fly down" moment then you realize you dont have one so maybe your slips showing ect.

Cari

Sally2005
12-31-2008, 03:32 AM
How about just be totally obvious and wear a button or pin that says 'sometimes life is a drag'

... instead of asking others what their status is, volunteer your own... that way they can decide how to respond. This works for anyone:
guy shopping - hi, I'm a CDer, need any help with the list?
other CDer CDing - hi, I'm a CDer, do you mind if I ask where you got the purse?
GG - hi, I'm a CDer, do you mind if I ask where you got the purse?

...I think you get the idea. If you are not ready to out yourself to anyone you should not expect them to do it without knowing a little bit about you first.