PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel inadequate or jealous when you look at the Onehanesplace.com catelog?

helenr
12-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Received another catalog. The girls are just so perfect! I confess that I wish I looked that pretty-maybe most women wish they did too! Does seeing lingerie catalogs-or just dress catalogs with attractive women actually wearing hosiery--cause you to feel even more depressed that this will never be you? Helen

beenherelongtime
12-29-2008, 11:36 PM
but what we do without the catalogs. our fantasies of looking like the models, not so much VC's because they are all built great.

Samantha43
12-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Nope....I'm just a guy in thigh high stockings. I'll never be anything more.

Debbie47
12-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes, I get depressed also. We gets tons of catalogs over the year. I like to envision myself as looking that good but it will never happen. It does give me something to shoot for. I try to look for things that make me feel better. I am 49 years old and I try not to buy tall heels anymore (4 inchers) but when I meet my 60 year old friend Marsha at our meetings and she has on 3 inch heels I feel good about that.

jenniferTgurl
12-29-2008, 11:53 PM
I sometimes get a bit depressed or even a bit jealous but I would be willing to bet most GG's fall into that category as well.

KarenS
12-30-2008, 12:01 AM
I wouldn't say envious or jealous, but sure do long to be more pretty than I am.

I realize that I am all male in reality. That limits everything about my physical being to one extent or another.

But I have said it before, I admire the curves of a beautiful woman's figure. I admire how a woman glows when she is satisfied and is comfortable with her beauty - even if it is on the inside instead of the physical exterior of her being.

The catalogs do clearly depict beautiful women whether in casual or elegant dress, pajamas or lingerie. I long to experience a share of that beauty. But nothing can replace the physical presence of a woman who is confident in herself.

chelle
12-30-2008, 12:04 AM
I just wish I could find dresses like the models wear. chelle

Sedona
12-30-2008, 12:55 AM
That's why they're called models. My favorites are on the stockingirl.com site. Yowza.

Karren H
12-30-2008, 01:15 AM
They are prefect because they are all photoshopped to death!!! and hell no... why should I be jeleous?? Lifes to short to get jeleous and upset over a catalogue!! I'd rather spend that time constructively... like playing more ice hockey!! YEAH!!! Matter of fact I just got home from a game and should get to bed.... :)

Vivian Chen
12-30-2008, 02:43 AM
No, not really. I'm actually more interested in their hosiery selection. As in colors, size, and price

Sarah...
12-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Nope. Having too much fun for that!

Sarah...

Jess_cd32
12-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Jealous no, appreciative of how good these models look, yes.
Karren's right about how they are edited to look so good, just like in Playboy mag so I've heard (I only read the articles):heehee:

Ask any one of those models if they are happy with their looks and body and 99.9% would want to change something, its human nature.

Sedona
12-30-2008, 08:02 AM
I don't think the onehanesplace women are photoshopped to death. Playboy: Yes, photoshopping there is an art form, they're creating fantasy, not reality. Simple catalog photos for mostly modestly priced undies: No.

These are just good looking/in shape young women (you know, models) with good hair, even tans, makeup, and nice flat lighting. They might touch up a zit here and there, but these images are not "perfect" by any stretch.

Kate Simmons
12-30-2008, 08:20 AM
As Sedona said, it's all fantasy. Am I jealous of fantasy? Never.:)

Sammy777
12-30-2008, 08:29 AM
They are prefect because they are all photoshopped to death!!! and hell no... why should I be jeleous?? Lifes to short to get jeleous and upset over a catalogue!!

Sadly, most of those VS models are just as good looking in person. Trust me. lol

Jealous of them?? No Way!
Well maybe, if they actually got to keep what they modeled. lol

Now, Am I jealous of the lucky S.O.B. waking up next to them? YES! lol

LACD
12-30-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm just happy to find stockings or pantyhose that fits. Yes, the ladies in the catalogs are beautiful, but I am no envious anymore. I know I'll never be in a size 6 so I just go along on my merry little way. As said elsewhere, lifes to short, be happy with what you have and try to make it better.

Sedona
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Sadly, most of those VS models are just as good looking in person. Trust me. lol

Well said. I went to high school with one of them.

Just like 7 foot tall basketball players or people who set marathon records, I consider the top models to be genetic freaks.

Annie D
12-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I wish I looked as good as the "before"!

Sara Jessica
12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
They are prefect because they are all photoshopped to death!!!

Sadly, most of those VS models are just as good looking in person. Trust me.

Well said. I went to high school with one of them.

I went to college with a VS model and there was no photoshop back then. But I can say her pictures didn't require much in the way of retouching, if any.

But with the demand for perfection in these times, and the relative ease to master photo editing programs, I dare to say editing is the norm no matter what kind of advertising or journalistic campaign you are looking at.

As for the jealousy question, I don't have time for that. It's more of a what-if thing, to simply imagine how I'd have turned out had I been born a gg. Would my skin be smooth as porcelain, what kind of figure would I have, pretty hair, etc. Yet I'm grounded enough (as grounded as you can be in imagining such things) to realize that even if I had been born gg I wouldn't likely possess those qualities found in the supermodel camp. They are far from the genetic norm.

sometimes_miss
12-30-2008, 09:38 AM
They are prefect because they are all photoshopped to death!! Uh, nope. Sure, they touch up some imperfections when necessary, but those women ARE beautiful, with or without the touch ups. Like anyone else, they have their 'ugly' days, and can get caught in candid photos at their worst angles, but overall they look better than 99% of the rest of the population. Careful make up and preperations, hair styling, and picking the right angle makes a great difference in how someone looks. My ex wife was usually a bit homely; for the wedding, she had a professional makeover; wow, what a difference. Some people didn't even know it was her walking down the aisle, she looked so good (sadly, never to look that good ever again, she didn't think the effort was worth it. maybe that should have been the first warning sign).

BTW, if you order from Hanes, let it be known that if your item is back ordered they will send you A POSTCARD LISTING IN BOLD PRINT WHAT ITEM YOU ORDERED AND IN WHAT SIZE, and when it might become available. I got one each week for several weeks, then of course the final notification that it was no longer available. So, if the postman wasn't sure you're a CD, he/she will be after you order from hanes.

Sedona
12-30-2008, 09:42 AM
BTW, if you order from Hanes, let it be known that if your item is back ordered they will send you A POSTCARD LISTING IN BOLD PRINT WHAT ITEM YOU ORDERED AND IN WHAT SIZE, and when it might become available. I got one each week for several weeks, then of course the final notification that it was no longer available. So, if the postman wasn't sure you're a CD, he/she will be after you order from hanes.

Wow, this is distressing. I haven't ordered from them, so have any girls ever ask them about this policy?

jessielee
12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
no more jealous than when observing ggs.
sadly, my catalogues could be perceived as evidense of me wishing i could be intimate with the models rather than wishing i were one of them.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Not really - I would like to look like them, but so would the majority of GGs.

JoAnne Wheeler

Nicole Erin
12-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I wish I had the hips and ass of some of the plus size GG's in those catalogs.

Gizmo, Debbie
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
yup, i get a little jealous sometimes of GG's ( not just in catalouges but in real life too), i wish i could look as good as them.:daydreaming::daydreaming:

docrobbysherry
12-30-2008, 11:54 AM
They r more like inspirations for me! I certainly admire the models I can emulate only in my dreams, but never jealous!

I order from that catalogue, and others, with one thing in mind:
OK, that looks great on the model. But, how will it look/work on me? :D

I recently bought a waist cincher from them. One with no upper straps. With the hope that it wouldn't roll down! It does! Darn!:sad:

And THAT has nothing to do with the model!:brolleyes:

Elle1946
12-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Your beauty is in your mind, I try to avoid mirrors because I do not look like the models at least in that catalogue.

SusanMarie
12-30-2008, 07:22 PM
To busy planning what to buy!

Tina P Hose
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
My Hanes catalouge just persaudes my to buy more pantyhose annd panties and bras....and of course stockings for MY undergear when I play ICE hoickey

Cari
12-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Wow, this is distressing. I haven't ordered from them, so have any girls ever ask them about this policy?

I think you can check a box to not backorder anything or only contact via e-mail.

On the models I have given up being envious. I sort of do the guy thing and check them out, then I shop and see what might look good on me and then I study them. There are some very talented folks trying to sell me that blouse so I look for how they set the shot up and why they made certain decisions.

Things like this shirt comes in 8 colors why the blond in black and the brunnette in yellow. or why did they pair it with that color pants.

Some of the plus size catalogs have some fairly wide shouldered models so I look at what outfits they model ect.

Ill also look for models with the same eye color/ skin or hair color and really try to figure out why they used the makeup colors and techniques they did.

What I am very jealous of is having a staff of so many talented people there just to make the picture look good. Also just the raw skill of the makeup artists.

There was a makeover in Allure the gal had the same eye color and basic eye shape I do. They tell you what she is wearing, why and how they applied it. To date Ive only gotten both eyes applied right once, and I was just goofing off that day with no beard cover ect for practice. But Ive had allot fun and learned allot playing with it. Of course the rest of her makeup wasnt any use to me because we just didnt share those features.

Cari

BaliGirl
12-31-2008, 12:15 PM

After I ordered from OneHanesPlace, I started getting catalogs about once a month. At first I was quite concerned about the postman knowing my "secret", but now I just enjoy looking at the models and the clothes :).

BG

Cari
12-31-2008, 03:25 PM
The One Hanes place catalog has a mens section so I'm really comfortable ordering from them. I usually add in some guys stuff to get the order big enough to get free shipping or a better deal. Always need socks ect

Cari

Joanne_2003
12-31-2008, 04:39 PM
I can't be jealous of them as I can't even look better than any of my neighbourhood ladies.

Hali
12-31-2008, 07:03 PM
yup, i get a little jealous sometimes of GG's ( not just in catalouges but in real life too), i wish i could look as good as them.:daydreaming::daydreaming:

Debbie u are right, i admire them and admire women that look fine all the time only for about ten seconds then jealousy sink in..........i become jealous of the dress and the body and the attention they get, its crazy sometimes.