PDA

View Full Version : How to meet others?

KarenS
12-30-2008, 12:29 AM
So ladies, how do you go about identifying a place to meet other CDs in your area?:daydreaming:

I would like to be able to meet with some like minded ladies and share like we do here in the forum but don't know where to start.

How do you identify where to meet other CDs in your area? :gh:

How would I introduce myself (besides as Karen)? :heehee:

Brandiwvr
12-30-2008, 12:44 AM
most shops have a sign that indicates tgs welcome, its called visa. do a search at urnotalone.com. i am not rejected by my community so i dont see the point of finding tg girlfreinds. they find me. also go to tg clubs in big citys. be very carefull as the hate crimes continue to rise.

CD Susan
12-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Karen have you tried posting a message in the 'meeting place' forum on this site? It is a good way to find other members that live close to you. There are many other cd websites out there also that you can visit to find others that share your interests and might live close enough to you to meet up with. Most large cities have clubs that are GLBT friendly so you can look into that as well. Good luck.

sterling12
12-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Join a Support Group. There's a big Tri-Ess Chapter in Atlanta. Lots of people to meet at The Monthly Gatherings!

Peace and Love, Joanie

AllieSF
12-30-2008, 01:11 AM
This hobby can result in extreme lonelyness [sp?] sometimes. I have found a few good friends here by several unintentional ways. I respond to messages of interest to me. I send private messages to some with private and not so private comments in order to have a more personal contact with them which is not always possible in the public forum. I have responded to a few posts in the Meeting section of this forum and have been fortunate enough to get replies and eventually meet up with two travelers (business) and hopefully will meet a third in the new year. It is also a numbers game in that responding to a lot, ups your odds of actually making a contact with someone of interest. All of my contacts are platonic and are for meeting up, going out for dinner and maybe a piano bar later for drinks and more conversation. Living near San Francisco also makes all this a lot easier. Try it and it may work for you. Good luck.

Karren H
12-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Some local clubs usually have LNO's... ladies night outs... and I have met with many local girls that I met throught here... and urnotalone... and through my 360 page... face book.... and Yahoo IM... and a couple have become good friends ... we actually meet for lunch in drab... and our kids go to the same school.... so we have more than just our hobbys to talk about.....

LisaElizabeth
12-30-2008, 08:38 AM
All of the above are great ideas for meeting other girls near you!!!
But it really IS as eaasy as using 'The Google'!!! Look for Transgender support groups, gay bars, URNA, myspace4tgirls. Any local Transgender makeover shops. All can be found on google, or through links on the support group sites.
In the Chicago area, CGS and Tri-ess and Island girls are support groups, Transformations By Rori is a makeover/ clothing store that also has a message forum where you can meet other girls and arrange to meet for makeovers or night's out.
The places are out there, you just have to spend a few minutes looking!!!
Oh! And HAVE FUN while doing it!!!
Huggs,
Lisa E

ReneeT
12-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Karen,

Where in GA are you located? I am in Chattanooga

JoAnne Wheeler
12-30-2008, 11:38 AM
That is a good question - am waiting with anticipation for answers

JoAnne Wheeler

KarenS
12-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Some local clubs usually have LNO's... ladies night outs... and I have met with many local girls that I met throught here... and urnotalone... and through my 360 page... face book.... and Yahoo IM... and a couple have become good friends ... we actually meet for lunch in drab... and our kids go to the same school.... so we have more than just our hobbys to talk about.....

How Kewl tyhat would be Karen - to have other things to share and discuss as well.

Karen,

Where in GA are you located? I am in Chattanooga

I'm in Augusta.

This hobby can result in extreme lonelyness [sp?] sometimes. ... All of my contacts are platonic and are for meeting up, going out for dinner and maybe a piano bar later for drinks and more conversation.

You are absolutely right about the lonliness. The platonic meetings are what I seek.

Karen have you tried posting a message in the 'meeting place' forum on this site?

Nope. I have apparently not explored that section of the forum yet. I'll certainly go looking.

Gosh, you ladies sure gave me some ideas. I don't get out to bars, taverns, or clubs very often anymore. I guess I have become a bit conservative in my interests.

For a few years now I would rather be in a quieter setting where conversation can flow and be heard. I suppose that is why I had to ask the question in the first place - I've been out of the circulation loop. :brolleyes:

Thank you for the help girls. :hugs: You're wonderful. :battingeyelashes:

KarenS
12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
most shops have a sign that indicates tgs welcome, its called visa.

ha, ha. Visa - the universal welcome sign.