PDA

View Full Version : boys dont cry anniversary 15 years

Brandiwvr
12-30-2008, 12:58 AM
the Tenna Brandon, or as he wanted to be called, the Brandon Tenna story. he lost his life becuase he just wanted to be a guy? and lives are still being lost just becuase we want to display are true selves? this person and story hit real close to home. 100 miles from home. how can we change this? maybe its time to step up and show are selves? thus taking the shock level down and the acceptance level up? not sure that will happen but if you lost your life,would you want others to be more responsable? might be harsh word butt if the shoe fits. do you nrealise that this and other internet sites would be changed indefanatly. and so would are and many future cders lives could be changed. in feb or march there will be a new day simmalar to the one in nov. it will be called tg transtition day or something close to that. i will particapate, will you? the colorado gender identity clinic was the one i think i heard it from. might check tgforum.com for more info. they seem to get all the info first.

Toni_Lynn
12-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I found Brandon's story to be so very tragic. I also fond that I could not watch Boys Don't Cry, because every act of violence inflicted upon him had me in tears.

I wish I would have known him. At time I wish I had him as big brother. I think we, even as m2f folk, can learn so much from his story.

RIP Brandon

Toni-Lynn

Sophie_C
12-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I find it amazing to think that as a teenager, I was highly aware of trans issues and clearly remember when it occurred, well before the movie came out.

All I can say is the more media exposure to the countless murders and violence, the better.

The 'twinkie' defense is still alive and used over and over again, against the trans community.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-31-2008, 10:38 AM
It just demonstrates how low society as a whole thinks of us - it isn't fair - we are not criminals - we are not child molesters - we are not rapists - we are not psychotic - we are not weirdos - and yet we are treated like the dregs of society.

We need to take a positive stand every opportunity that we can - whenever and wherever it presents itself.

Love from another one of the dregs of society,
Your sister,
JoAnne Wheeler

Brandiwvr
01-01-2009, 11:39 AM
thanks for your post. I thought this would get more attention. try to go back in time with me for a minute. by now his body has become cold, "puts a chill in ones own spine doesnt it?". and the sheriff that he went to for help is now enjoying the new years activitys. and it just keeps repeating the cycle until we find a solution. in the states we have alot of cders, maybe more per capata than anywhere else in the wourld. and this may explain why we have the highest hate crime problem?
SO I ASK? WHAT CAN BE DONE TO CHANGE THIS? OR DID HE DIE AND WE JUST FORGOT HIM?
as you can tell it sadeness me greatly to live in one of the best countrys in the world and feel so threatened. we must start now today looking for a way to change this or it may be one of us that someone writes about 15 years from now.
with much love for my sisters Brandi

Sandra Dunn
01-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I try to watch and read all I can about us. I am a TG support group facilitator. I do go out and about, I will answer those questions as to "what's up with this?".

We as a community need to step outside and be recognised as a vaible part of the country. It starts with letters to news media and congresspersons. Send letters partianing to issues in your area as it related to TG issues. Begin with a letter that explains that we are not deviants. Do some research about the bible isues that come up.

We are mentioned in the bible in various places and not just Deut.

Start taking those first steps

HUGS Sandra

linnea
01-01-2009, 09:59 PM
I haven't watched it and I probably won't, but I feel sad (and cry) for those who have been hurt because of CDing or transgender behavior.

AnnaMaria
01-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Brandi,

You need to keep in mind that here in the US the biggest reason that we have such high rates of hate crimes is simply because the government won't do anything about it, combine that with the fact that this country was founded on religious intolerance and you get what we live with every day as part of the tg community. Intolerance of anything or anyone who doesn't fit society's idea of who we should be.

Yes there are many hate crimes in the US and a lot of them are in the south. What can we do? We have to stand up to the government just like the homosexual community did and force them to make changes in the laws.

I do agree that knowledge will help. We do need to help the average person on the street realize that we are not really that different than they are. But, keep in mind that it is not the average person that is killing us for the most part. The ones who are doing most of the killing are people who refuse to learn anything new simply because it is not what their daddy taught them when he was teaching them how to hate.

We also have more hate crimes than other countries because we have more hate groups than other countries. Take the Neo-Nazis, most European countries have outlawed such groups simply on principle. It has nothing to do with any one person but rather the idea it's self.

If I sound a little defensive I am sorry, I guess being part Native American brings out something in me sometimes. Of course if the white man had left my ancestors alone we would not be in this situation now to tell the truth, because many tribes believed the people who were what we now call tg were actually a gift from the Great Spirit. They saw us as "Two Spirits", people who had been given this great gift were respected and reviered because they could see both sides of any situation. (Both meaning male and female.) It was for that reason that most of the tribes who believed this made sure that if an important decision was to be made by the council of elders, and there was a Two Spirit in the tribe, the Two Spirit was present during the decision making process.

Yes I do agree with the idea of education and the idea that we as a community need to take a more pro-active approach to the problem. The question is where does it start and with whom?

Anna

SirTrey
01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Brandi, just saw this....Yeah, you would think something like this WOULD get more attention, but this is just the plight of the transgendered that it didn't....We live in a world that, for the most part, simply doesn't care....and that is both sad and scary at the same time....I'm almost a year into transition on testosterone and transitioning has cost Me plenty, including My family....Why? Because My mother is concerned about "what the neighbors will think" and being labelled a bad mother because her child is "a freak"....That is, however, a microcosym of how society as whole views trans guys and girls....we are a lower class of human, and, therefore, unworthy of respect at even the simplest level....even in death, like Brandon Teena (and many, many others)....Thank you for the post remembering him....Hugs, **Trey**