PDA

View Full Version : Possible "outing" by a fellow worker

Tracii G
12-30-2008, 04:04 AM
Was at work today and one older supply worker said "hey sissy man what up?"
I said whats with you PRICK?Now we kid like this all the time so its not unusual.
He said I saw you in Goody's Sat in the womens section.I countered "you don't shop for clothes for your wife?"He said hell no.I said no wonder you're always in the "dog house".
It just so happens its my daughter's birthday and I wanted to get her some nice stuff is that a crime?
He backed off pretty quick and dropped the subject.
I got a big smile from his boss she said you sure put him in his place, way to go well done.
Quick wit and having a game plan in place is very helpful.

Phyliss
12-30-2008, 04:23 AM
Was at work today and one older supply worker said "hey sissy man what up?"
He said I saw you in Goody's Sat in the womens section.....

Another possible "comeback"

Oh, I didn't notice you. Did you find anything pretty for yourself?

Tracii G
12-30-2008, 04:25 AM
I'll keep that one for next time Phyliss thanks.

Tasha McIntyre
12-30-2008, 05:12 AM
Beautifully handled Tracii. Sounds like this knuckle dragger thought he could score a point by embarrassing you. You turned the tables on him big time :)

Princess29
12-30-2008, 05:19 AM
Its becoming more frequent but I have started to see some of my co-workers around in brisbane when I am just having a day out and not working (only seen then when in guy mode so far thankfully) so I have to be mindful but I dont let it stop me looking for girl stuff in shops

Sammy777
12-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Way to go!

:tongueout To him, lol

I do like the truth is stranger then fiction approach sometimes,
it takes a bit of sarcasm to pull off, but can be fun when done right! lol

RachelDenise
12-30-2008, 05:31 AM
There's always one somewhere who has a big mouth.......

Shelly67
12-30-2008, 05:50 AM
I had a fellow worker pass a comment one friday morning that on fridays ( finish early ) I must be dying to get home and dress . I thought he'd an inkling about me , but was never really prepared for such a confrontation , as he was right . It left me stunned . i had to hide this secret of mine as the man isn't too nice.
Worst thing of all he can be a right smiling knife .... I don't trust him .
So on his remark I just blew him a kiss and winked at him. Now if you saw me at work all grubby in my maleness and overalls boots and such , I dont look at all femanine , so I suppose this was a little rash thing to do - but , I just wanted to shut him up . He gave me a long hard stare .
That was a few months ago and since then I,ve left the section I used to work , the guys I worked with ( all but this one guy ) were good friends , but since this inciddent I,ve noticed a few other stern looks and muttered comments . I don't really care , but the one thing I suppose I,m leading up to is the grape vine ( gossipers at work ) can be a horrid and powerful thing , so all in all becareful how you react to those who only want to scorn and belittle. Works bad enough without making things a tad more tense.

Jennifer Giovannetta
12-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Judging by his boss's reaction, it sounds like this person says a lot of stupid things.

Karren H
12-30-2008, 08:06 AM
That was a great comeback... I'd probably be caught off guard and reply something really intelligent.......... "Huh?" Never shopped at Goodys.. I think there's one in Prestonsburg I'll have to hit it next time I'm there..

pamela_a
12-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I had a fellow worker pass a comment one friday morning that on fridays ( finish early ) I must be dying to get home and dress .Michelle, assuming you were not a work naked, I'm curious about his choice of words.

How many people, other than one of our sisters, would refer wanting to "get home and dress" using those words? It seems to me there might be more to this.

-Paula-

Nicole Erin
12-30-2008, 01:42 PM
There's always one somewhere who has a big mouth.......

And the conjugation or congregation or constipation or [what is it called?]
said -
AMEN!

Paula - HAHAHHAHA yeah she might have been at work naked hahahha

Now it is like this - I imagine if I ever met Tracii G in real life, we would probably be good friends. However, I would really hate to be on her bad side.
Thank goodness she is a sister to us CDs yeah?

The co-worker talking crap probably has something to say about everyone and everything... makes himself look like an ass way more than anyone he is insulting.

Tracii G
12-31-2008, 01:52 AM
Saw the Ass Hat today in the break room and he gave me a look from hell.
I went over to his table and sat down and asked him " you have someting you want to say to me?"He said no not really.
There were three others sitting there and they were ribbing the total S&%T out of him over the whole thing.
One said "Hell dude I buy sexy stuff for my wife all the time"she loves it.
I got up and said I rest my case.
Thanks for the back up Mell Erin.LOL

JoAnne Wheeler
12-31-2008, 08:41 AM
I like Phyliss's answer. Could have said, well why are you here in the women's section ? I happen to be buying a birthday present for my daughter, but what business is it to you who I was buying for - me, my spouse or my daughter ?

JoAnne Wheeler

Shelly67
12-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Michelle, assuming you were not a work naked, I'm curious about his choice of words.

How many people, other than one of our sisters, would refer wanting to "get home and dress" using those words? It seems to me there might be more to this.

-Paula-

It left me slightly confused ,suspicious even. Perhaps its the fact he noticed in the summer I'd trimmed my eyebrows ( there was a comment made then too ) and it set his mind pondering..... I dunno . He knows that friday afternoons are spent in my own solitude , so perhaps he was being presumptious.
Could it be that he's one of us even ....? I doubt it , but then again people are full of surprizes .
maybe he gets home fridays , shaves showers then glams up too.............

TrekGirl1701
12-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Workplace gossip is ridiculous. Must our coworkers stick their noses into everybody else's business? It happens where I work all the time. The amount of "Did you hear about so-an-so?"s that goes around is stupid.

I go to work to, you know...work! Unless one of my co-workers is a relative or a close friend I don't care what they do in their spare time.

almalove
12-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Good come back Tracii, I guess we have to be one step ahead of what ever comes our way, I'm sure your post will help other in this forum.

Alma

MissConstrued
12-31-2008, 04:36 PM
I had an office job for a while, and I got my fill of the gossiping and sniping and backstabbing after a month. I won't do that again.

In construction, everyone is too busy working to give a crap what anyone else does in their spare time. Nobody in his right mind insults a guy with a hammer in his hand. :D

As long as you do your job, and :drink:, you're just like everyone else.

Tracii G
01-01-2009, 12:56 AM
I work steel construction for the most part welding and fabrication but get stuck in the truck in the winter(only one with a class A CDL lisence) so I have to venture into the main office from time to time to get invoices.
The office girls are great but some of the whse people are pure boneheads.

Angie G
01-01-2009, 09:09 AM
That was a good comeback Tracii.:hugs:
Angie