PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you here thought of writing a book about cd's...

Jess_cd32
12-30-2008, 10:30 AM
I see some bright individuals here and was thinking some of you could offer a lot of intelligent insight into the cd lifestyle in general and help dispell some of the negative myths.

Some of you also could offer important insight into statistics (I encouraged this person to write about them already), lifestyles of cd's, history of and the divercity of cd's, beauty tips, humor etc... .

I especially think if a handfull of you collaborated you'd come up with a very good read, just my .02

BeckyAnderson
12-30-2008, 10:48 AM
I haven't really given it much thought although many friends have read my bio and diary on my web site and thought that it would make a great book.

Ze xx
12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Not a book, but my SO and I were talking about a sit-com the other night. Lets face it, there are plenty of comedy situations to be in, especially if the CD character was in the closet, and realistically I think it would be a nice way of showing that cders aren't the depraved deviants that most media shows portray cders as :)

Now we just have to learn how to write a sit-com :D

sometimes_miss
12-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I see some bright individuals here and was thinking some of you could offer a lot of intelligent insight into the cd lifestyle in general and help dispel some of the negative myths <snip> come up with a very good read
There have been quite a number of books written about us already; the answers, like Fox Mulder says, are out there if you look for them. Negative myths? I think the biggest problem is that the general public wants a simple answer, and there isn't one. Then, they want a cure, and there isn't one of those, either. It's kind of like religion; lots of CD'ers and TS's want what they believe, to be true. Then somewhere down the line, they find out something that changes their belief set, and then the cycle starts off all over again. Same with most of the general public; they're not attracted to us, but often repulsed. What they want is confirmation of what they are feeling, not new enlightenment. Besides, the people who would benefit most from such a book, are the ones who would be least likely to read it.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Not really it is too painful.

JoAnne Wheeler

Janie Gunn
12-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Writing a book, hell no. I couldnt be bothered writing a book about anything.
(Songs, yes)

cindym5_04
12-30-2008, 01:02 PM
I thought about writing a book- not so much about being a CD, but it would be included in there. I've thought more about writing my autobiography. I'd use a pen name though.

Kate Simmons
12-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I remarked to my daughter how I'm kind of bored these days since I've retired from work, pretty much from CDing and no longer smoke. She suggested I write a book about my life and how I eventually balanced and integrated the feelings. Not sure if the world at large or the TG community is ready for that yet but it sounds like it may be doable someday.:battingeyelashes::)

Kelsy
12-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I've thought about writing a book or screen play but I am lucky if I can put post together on this forum!:battingeyelashes:

Kelsy

Melanie R
12-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Assisting my wife we have written and published four books on crossdressing including My Husband Wears My Clothes (my story and others), Crossdressing With Dignity (a study of 892 crossdressers worldwide), Crossdressers: And Those Who Share Their Lives (featuring many photos and accounts of CD's and their SO's) and Who's Really From Venus? (how to integrate your feminine and masculine selves). All are available on Amazon or any book store.

Satrana
12-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Besides, the people who would benefit most from such a book, are the ones who would be least likely to read it. Good point, books on CDing would be largely read by the converted so doing little to advance understanding or dispelling myths.

What they want is confirmation of what they are feeling, not new enlightenment. Helen Boyd's "My Husband Betty" immediately springs to mind, a book written to voice the anger and grief of women who have difficulties coping with the implications of a man displaying his own femininity. A disappointing read if you want enlightenment.

Rachel B
12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Some people seek enlightenment, others just live with the light permanently switched off!

Rach :)

Toni_Lynn
12-30-2008, 06:12 PM
My wife and I were just talking about something similar the other day. Almost 18 years ago I began to keep a journal. I was actually autobiographical and a memoir more often than not. In it I tried to tell my life story as a crossdresser and on any given day write a 'then' entry about some incident from my life as CDer, and then write a 'now' entry about how I felt now about the incident or how it affected me.

For some odd reason, I wrote the journal with a fountain pen. The ink used in the pen was water soluble. Before long I was in two volumes, and it got too painful to write.

Fast forward to August 2007. My wife and I are planning our wedding and things are fantastic! I have finally found someone who accepts me 100% and listens to my story and makes the pain and hurt all go away. Then on a Thursday morning a series of thunderstorms train through the region and my apartment complex is flooded by the torrential rain. Actually, for me it wasn't much more than a centimeter of water. Most people had worse and lost everything. I lost some clothes, some records, and some books. Among the books were the two volumes of my journal. The books were saturated and water soluble ink was now almost all washed away, leaving no readable words. I find this symbolic, because in meeting my wife, all that pain I had written about was a thing of my past, and now it was all washed away.

I think about writing it again, but this time, it would be an incident as it happened, and then a re-writing as I wished it would have happened.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Shari
12-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Methinks you think too much.
I believe you would end up with more questions than answers.
All one has to do is to read this forum regularly. The issues and frustrations are positively mind boggling.
My advice to all is just enjoy being a girl and quit questioning and trying to find generic answers that simply won't apply to everybody.

Karren H
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
I was thinking about a book on shopping.. But then who would buy it? Women already know how to shop and the majority of the 5% of males that crossdress are in the closet so they wouldn't be buying it.. Writing a book that 14 people might buy doesn't make much economic sense... Sigh...

Samantha43
12-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Writing a book? I don't even have enough time to read a book.......

It is a good idea though.

TSchapes
12-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Assisting my wife we have written and published four books on crossdressing including My Husband Wears My Clothes (my story and others), Crossdressing With Dignity (a study of 892 crossdressers worldwide), Crossdressers: And Those Who Share Their Lives (featuring many photos and accounts of CD's and their SO's) and Who's Really From Venus? (how to integrate your feminine and masculine selves). All are available on Amazon or any book store.

Hey Melanie, I've read both "My Husband Wears My Clothes" & "Crossdressing With Dignity", loved them both! Can I have your SO? LOL

I've also read "My Husband Betty", and "The Lazy Crossdresser" books, both good for different reasons. I'm now reading "Miss Vera's Finishing School
For Boys Who Want To Be Girls".

All of these books, plus others describe many different sides of TG. I had a music theory professor when asked what was the best book on music theory, he said, "Read one book, get one view, read many books, understand the subject". He was Chinese by the way. So I'm sure there is plenty of room for more books. Maybe someone here will write a great book some day!

Would love to write a book, but I've already fallen behind on my BLOG!!!

Love, Tracy :love:

docrobbysherry
12-30-2008, 08:33 PM
A few people have mentioned that I should publish a coffee table photo book. I think that's silly! However, I've often thot of assembling a book of pictures AND stories of everyday folks who CD. :heehee:

Sounds like Melanie already published one! I'll get that, before I think further about it!:brolleyes: