PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing happened at a store...

Lana Lang
12-31-2008, 01:59 AM
I was looking at a boutique store and just as I started to look at the sales rack, this SA commented that I looked familiar and remembered me from my junior college days. I sort of remembered here and her first question after I said something was "So, do you want to try on a dress?" If this had been another store where I didn't know the person, I would have immediately said yes but since I couldn't tell if she was being serious and since I sort of knew her, I said no and then eventually left. I couldn't afford any of the things anyways despite how beautiful they are. :/

AllieSF
12-31-2008, 02:07 AM
Sometimes when we think that we are far enough away from our home turf to be able to be oursleves, life and Murphy's law has a way of bringing us back to reality! Maybe she says that to every male who shops there?

chrystie
12-31-2008, 02:44 AM
Sometimes when we think that we are far enough away from our home turf to be able to be oursleves, life and Murphy's law has a way of bringing us back to reality! Maybe she says that to every male who shops there?
You could have just got the nerve up and tried on a dress,at the very least you would
have determined your correct dress size.

Sally2005
12-31-2008, 03:09 AM
Well... when someone says you look familiar, don't you chat with them for a while to figure out who they are? ...depending on who they are...you could decide what to tell them. I would probably just laugh and say...'try it on, are you serious...how about a gift receipt instead?'.

JoAnne Wheeler
12-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Try on the dress - get her to assist you - tell her that you love women's clothes - ask her if she does too - explain what a crossdresser is - by what she said, she may already know - I've decided that I am going to be truthful to SAs if they really want to know why I'm buying something - I suspect that they have seen this before and already suspect that it is for me - I think that I will tell them that is for one of the greatest girls in the word, JoAnne, my alter ego and maybe you will get to meet her in the future.

Love,

JoAnne Wheeler

Jodi
12-31-2008, 07:19 PM
I think you missed a great opportunity. You knew this girl from college? Is she part of your life today? Probably not. You had the chance to establish rapport with an SA in a great store. She probably read your body language and knew that you wanted to try it on. That is why she asked.

Shopping and trying on is so easy.

Jodi

Lana Lang
12-31-2008, 08:04 PM
It was a bit of a missed opportunity in retrospect but I found it to be such a pricey store that I didn't really have any interest trying on things that I couldn't afford!

beenherelongtime
12-31-2008, 08:22 PM
not clear whether you were in drab or not, if so maybe she does have a lot of men trying dresses on

Dutchgal
12-31-2008, 10:11 PM
I was looking at a boutique store and just as I started to look at the sales rack, this SA commented that I looked familiar and remembered me from my junior college days. I sort of remembered here and her first question after I said something was "So, do you want to try on a dress?" If this had been another store where I didn't know the person, I would have immediately said yes but since I couldn't tell if she was being serious and since I sort of knew her, I said no and then eventually left. I couldn't afford any of the things anyways despite how beautiful they are. :/
:-) I was once at Fashion Bug (when it was still in Calais, ME), shopping with the wife - I had an armload of tops for her and the SA asked me if "you two" were ready to try on....

Could have, would have - SHOULD HAVE.

(sigh)

DG

Angie G
12-31-2008, 10:16 PM
You nave know who you will bump into.:hugs:
Angie