PDA

View Full Version : Lapel pin

JoAnne Wheeler
12-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Yesterday, one of the sisters suggested that we might want to consider some type of badge ot pin to wear, even when we are in drab, so we know each other if we ever run across one another.

In thinking about this, I would suggest a lapel pin about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter with the pink and blue insignia on these posts trimed in silver or gold.

Administrators and sisters, what do you think ?

Love from your sister,

JoAnne Wheeler

Cassia-Marie
12-31-2008, 12:25 PM
I'd love to buy and wear a pin like that. Great idea!

I have the CD.com pink/blue yin/yang logo on my MSN Messenger at the moment. So far, no-one I know has said anything so I guess that means none of my contacts are also members here. LOL!

glynnis
12-31-2008, 12:34 PM
A great idea.I would love towear a pin to show my love of crosdressing too ther CDs.

Kate Simmons
12-31-2008, 01:41 PM
This subject comes up quite often. Whatever is decided upon by some for ID purposes has to be optional, however. Otherwise, there is the potential danger of exclusivity that some folks may not be comfortable with for whatever reason due to varied individual circumstances. Sort of like some that try to make CD "standards" for others. It's okay to have some kind of co-operative recognition but it has to be a personal choice.:)

CandyDarling
12-31-2008, 01:59 PM
I too would wear on e- HOWEVER - Pink and blue Ying Yang is too obvious. Maybe just a small pin of the logo of this website in silver - I would love it if I could recodnise a sister @

Jean Marie
12-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I would be 100 % for this idea, sure would be good to identify other gurls.

Diane1950
12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
I like Candy's idea. Silver would demonstrate the subdued good taste inherent in all of us, and would be harder for non-CDs to pick up on

Jilmac
12-31-2008, 02:51 PM
That sister might have been me when I replyed to Cecilie's thread "Are you a CD? secret question". In that reply I suggested a lapel pin or perhaps an inconspicuous stud to be worn in ones earlobe. At any rate, if someone were to manufacture and make available some sort of identification exclusive to us (and at a reasonable price), I believe there would be enough buyers to turn a small profit. Perhaps one of our sisters already has the capability to produce such an ID symbol.

Melinda G
12-31-2008, 02:55 PM
I have been dressing since I was 14, but I am still a guy, but I'm not wearing no stinkin pink and blue pin! :D

sometimes_miss
12-31-2008, 03:21 PM
I think you're all failing to see that the general public will eventually pick up on something like this that is obvious. One celebrity caught wearing one, and we're all 'out'. The gossip crowd is always looking for something about someone to talk about. Wear a lapel pin, and someone is going to ask what it's all about.

Karren H
12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I'd rather just wear a dress instead... :)

Shari
12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
The idea is shot down before its maiden flight.
and to think I was going to start manufacturing them to make some money.
Sigh.

Teri Jean
12-31-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm with you Karen, LBD. Keli

bobbie_1048
12-31-2008, 07:41 PM

Are skirts acceptable Karren? If so I'm in great shape. :)

victoriamwilliams1
12-31-2008, 07:55 PM
I think you're all failing to see that the general public will eventually pick up on something like this that is obvious. One celebrity caught wearing one, and we're all 'out'. The gossip crowd is always looking for something about someone to talk about. Wear a lapel pin, and someone is going to ask what it's all about.

Ok, whos the celeb on this site:) It is a great concept to wear while dressed but not in drab.

beenherelongtime
12-31-2008, 08:12 PM
guess i'm out of this, don't wear anything with a lapel anymore. oh well, that's retirement

Tess
12-31-2008, 09:46 PM
guess i'm out of this, don't wear anything with a lapel anymore. oh well, that's retirement

I follow the same dress code, like the rest of us comfortably retired CD's. The only thing I seem to wear with a lapel is my tux which isn't a good place for a pin.

Staci K
01-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Two thumbs up... I'm all for it. I'd proudly wear a pink/blue pin like that while in drab guy mode - I'd most likely put it on my ball cap right next to the pin showing a guy bent over bearing his ass pointing at a rosey red lip print implying "kiss my ass"...

Nicole

TeriAnn
01-01-2009, 01:47 AM
I would be willing to wear a pin I think it would be an honor to show what I love . Pink blue sliver doesn't matter to me Just would be proud to wear it.

Sophie_C
01-01-2009, 06:26 AM
Yesterday, one of the sisters suggested that we might want to consider some type of badge ot pin to wear, even when we are in drab, so we know each other if we ever run across one another.

In thinking about this, I would suggest a lapel pin about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter with the pink and blue insignia on these posts trimed in silver or gold.

Administrators and sisters, what do you think ?

Love from your sister,

JoAnne Wheeler

It's a nice idea, but they're seriously dated.

They haven't been in since the early 80s.

Janie Gunn
01-01-2009, 08:17 AM
No thanks, I'm simply not interested in playing that game. Theres only two or three people on here from the city I live in, and the chances of passing by sometime are so minimal and add to that the chance of them noticing and its not worth the fuss.

Angie G
01-01-2009, 08:26 AM
I think Candy has the idea Make the pin in just silver.:hugs:
Angi

Intertwined
01-01-2009, 09:47 AM

Karren, you may be on to something...

What about a Blue Emperor Waist short dress, with a wide pink belt? Even I could recognize a crossdresser wearing that. Or just the color Blue and Pink, oh wait, we would look to much like the Red Hat Society.
http://z.about.com/d/huntsville/1/5/E/Z/1/unconvention5.jpg

MarcieM
01-01-2009, 09:51 AM
I'd love to buy and wear a pin like that. Great idea!

I have the CD.com pink/blue yin/yang logo on my MSN Messenger at the moment. So far, no-one I know has said anything so I guess that means none of my contacts are also members here. LOL!

What purpose would this serve?

Maria2222
01-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Besides, what if you don't wear sport coats or suits?

linnea
01-01-2009, 01:21 PM
It's a nice thought, but I'm not for it. I don't often wear clothes with lapels, but in addition, I think that it does not address the underlying issue--acceptance.
Why wear a pin? Perhaps a person would feel more accepted by being able to recognize others who share the behavior and the secret. Of course, the secret would come out (it wouldn't take a celebrity; it would just take a few friendly questions, "what's the lapel pin stand for?"). Then the gossip-mongers would have a field day and it would surely make a major feature on FOX News.
Lapel pins and the secret society would get the attention, but acceptance would be the real issue.
I'm for wearing our dresses and skirts, sans lapel pins.

TGMarla
01-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Why not just hang a neon sign around your neck that proclaims you as a crossdresser? You think for even a moment that only crossdressers will know its significance when it's been around for a while?

Should we initiate the secret handshake? :eek:

MarcieM
01-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Why not just hang a neon sign around your neck that proclaims you as a crossdresser? You think for even a moment that only crossdressers will know its significance when it's been around for a while?
Should we initiate the secret handshake? :eek:
Right, let's turn this into an exclusive club that requires membership, a CD tattoo, and a minimum of 4 piercings. that's perfect.

morgan pure
01-01-2009, 10:36 PM
People would inevitably ask what it meant-you'd have to explain your specific type of gender dysphoria in context with at least some of the others, drag, transvestism, transexuality, etc. Who wants to go there every day. But I would get one. I know one bar where it would be cool.

Nicki B
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Just wear a frock, for goodness' sake..