PDA

View Full Version : Dating is one thing...what about partnership?

Lisa Pomeroy
01-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi,

I just read the thread called "Dating Men" with much interest, but I thought the question I wanted to ask might be better as a new thread.

I am currently completely single, a few years out from divorce, no SO, no casual friends-with-benefits (I've never been into casual...I can't seem to avoid getting naked emotionally when I get naked physically). My answer in the Dating thread would have been, no, never dated, but I've enjoyed fantasizing about sex with men...but then, I also agreed with the comment that it's not plumbing, it's the person. And as I get older I find it is less about the sex for me anyway, and more about the emotional bond, the tenderness.

So my question is, if you're totally single like me, or if you could imagine being totally single again, and if you were looking for love, could you partner up with a man? Could you move in together with a man? In short, could you love a man?

My honest answer at this point is...I dunno...maybe...

Lisa

Barbaraheels
01-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm not going to lie, I think I could have a physical relationship with a man, but I never could love a man emotionally.

Petra Bellejambes
01-01-2009, 12:19 PM
for what its worth, here is a short story. One of my oldest friends is gay, and is in a 20 year relationship with a terrific guy. Everybody new that my old friend was gay for years before he came to grips with it. And it just did not matter - he was bright and kind and interesting. Just what you want from a friend.

I got to know his partner pretty well over the years. His life had been fully and happily hetero before meeting my friend. He had never been gay-curious. Not particularly kinky. Not really compelled by sex like many are. And he fell in love with my friend shortly after meeting him.

He expressed it this way: It wasn't about the sexuality. It was about the person. Changing orientation was trivial when compared to committing to being with someone.

That struck me as brave and complete. And so yes its possible I suppose. Not sure if this helps or muddies things for you, but it is nice to see people wrestling with big big complex questions. Good luck and happy new year!

JoAnne Wheeler
01-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I agree with Barbara - I might have a platonic relationship, but never love or be intimate - I would rather have a GG friend
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

Karren H
01-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Nope... Couldn't do that... Men are such pigs!!! I should know... Lol

Sarah89
01-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I havnt had enough relationships in my life to know what love is , so I dont know how partnership would work with another man.

I have had sex with a guy before , and it was boring haha !
so unless there is more than that ..meh I dunno.

And from what I observe from most men in my workplace, all they give a shit about is sex , the things they say about their partners is quite heavy :p.
As Karren says, men are pigs :p

DawnRodgers
01-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Absolutely

docrobbysherry
01-01-2009, 05:09 PM
R u asking about love or sex? Or both? :eek:

To have sex with someone, usually they have to turn u on. Men just don't turn me on. However, I've seen some VERY convincing ladyboys. They looked, sounded, and acted like women. When I met them up close. I mite make out with one, but not have intercourse. ( Or, whatever u call penetration sex between men). :heehee:

I don't think I could "love" a man, in the traditional sense. Because that kind of love includes sex, in my mind! :brolleyes:

But, hey! What I or anyone else does or thinks, shouldn't bother u! Whatever blows your hair back! Just go for it!:D
Just don't get married!

Angie G
01-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't think so it's just not for me. And I never look down on some one the want that.:hugs:
Angie

paulaN
01-01-2009, 09:20 PM
I am now single and can do as I please. I have had sex with a man, I have had sex with a cd, actually two. I think I prefer woman the most. But they seem to have so much baggage. Men of course are pigs. I think I would prefer a woman that could understand me and not have too much baggage. Ummmm asking a lot I know. I miss the sent of a woman. I am just going to go where my heart takes me. Which most likely means I will die a lonley old cd, ah man. No! cd.

Eva Marie
01-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Ask this question of twenty persons and you'll get 25 (?) answers. It depends not only on the principal individual, but also the other concerned person.

CharleneT
01-02-2009, 06:08 PM
As it happens ... I am now single after a very long relationship. I have dated a bit, and each of those people knew about my dressing ( one woman in fact I met while dressed ). Could I date a guy, yes. Could I commit to just a guy and develop a serious relationship, probably not. There is a confounding factor, I am in love with a woman, one who might be accepting of a CD. But she does not love me....

So, my answer is wishy washy, but I really like the story from Petra and I agree: it is the person, if I meet the "one" again, I really do not care what their gender is, or how they present it for that matter ( yes, that means I could live with another CD ).

I live in eastern Iowa though ... so my chances of meeting the "one" and having that person be anything but a strait female are pretty low.

C.

Tracey Corset
01-02-2009, 06:34 PM
no sorry, no chance, never will, no thanks, not today or tomorrow or ever,hair yuk

ga_crossdresser
01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Yes if the circumstances were right I would have a relationship with a guy.

Chrissy8888
01-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I am at a point in my life where I just want to love and be loved. At this point I really don't care about the sex of the person but the actual person themselves.

Lorileah
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I could if the guy was right. And I agree most men are pigs. How many of us learned that the first time we met a guy while dressed? My SO has to be my best friend, and I have many male friends. I also have many female friends. So if the time was right either would work. Sex is another thing and I know i am going to catch it from many of you but sex is sex and love is different.

Maybe as was mentioned it is an age thing.

SherylynJade
01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
If anything were to happen, and my fiancee and I were no longer together (God forbid) I think I would be able to love a man, if everything was just right. And that also goes with women, as well. So I guess I'm saying I could love anyone, if everything clicked just right

cindym5_04
01-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Is he cute, how much money does he have, and what kind of car does he drive?

Okay sorry, I've been in the Washington, DC area too long...

...seriously though, I think it really all depends on the person.

billie earls
01-09-2009, 01:35 PM
If it was the right person, and what I mean by this, someone who was emotionally on the same plain as I, I would. I have had sex with a man 30 something years ago and it was okay because we were friends and had a good relationship. There hasn't been anyone else since then and I have not been looking but would if every thing meshed. I'm more concerned with the bond between two people then the sex.

Juliemckay
01-09-2009, 01:38 PM
I doubt I would go for a long term relationship.

deja true
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Um...I didn't think I could answer this question until I realized that I have a bit of a secret crush on a girl from here..and we have met briefly as guys, too.

So...maybe it's possible, huh?

:o

StevieTV
01-09-2009, 04:26 PM
To coin a recent catch phrase "You betcha".

vivianann
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I am only attracted to GG's, period. I am single and will only date GG's. I hope one day to find a GG who will like my femme side also. Traceym's post says exactly how I feel.

kellycan27
02-28-2009, 04:50 PM
I am single, and right now it's all about "Kelly". I date men, but have not desire for a one on one relationship.Too young for anything serious and too busy getting to know me and what makes me tick.
I don't know what lies in the future, but I will say that I would probably be open to a male partner, and yes I believe I could could love him.
It helps being attracted to guys LOL

Lisa Golightly
02-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Oooooo I missed this one... Where was I in January?

Short answer... absolutely :)

stephgoth
02-28-2009, 05:14 PM
If a man were attracted to my femininity and were sexy, cute and nice, definitely. If he really wanted me as a man, and the feminine dress was a prop to him, I wouldn't be interested at all.

Michelle_Tokyo
03-01-2009, 12:56 AM
I agree with the above exactly.

I dated one guy for about a year some time back and he knew me as Michelle. He was the first man I was intimate with and for that reason possibly he stole my heart pretty quickly. In addition to that, we could talk to one anther very well. Several months in to the relationship, during the course of our conversations, it came to light that he would prefer that I not be feminine. I was conflicted because I cared for him and his feelings, but I knew that ultimately I must be true to myself. So he dated me as Michelle and he broke up with me as Michelle.

I would very much like to meet a guy who could accept and indeed relish my femininity. Meeting this Mr. Right is the challenge. If I found him, could I have a long term relationship with him? I would make very effort humanly possible to ensure I could, yes. With lots of exclamation points. :daydreaming:

Michelle

erica12b
03-01-2009, 01:11 AM
i dont think so, the girl side of me loves girly things and the guy side of me loves girls ,
also as a male im not to impressed with my side

Kelli Michelle
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I think I could love anyone where there is a strong enough bond, man or woman. As far as sex, not sure yet, but I have to admit, I have been attracted to men once or twice, which in the schem of things is not much.

MarciManseau
03-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Oooooo I missed this one... Where was I in January?

Short answer... absolutely :)

I have to agree with Lisa, I sure could! I've had sex with a few men and mostly it was fun. Love and sex are too different things, but sex with love is amazing :)

And not all men are pigs. I don't like to generalize - I know a lot of nice men who are loving fathers and husbands.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

ruthie801
03-02-2009, 10:59 AM
No it would only be a completion of my feminine image for my self . Basicly sexual