PDA

View Full Version : Men who just like wearing women's clothing

Rose01
01-01-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't like the whole drag thing. I have nothing against it and people that can pull it off well are a defenite turn on to me. I just don't do it myself. I mean, I know I do have a femme side that comes out to play sometimes. But, are there other guys out there that don't want to look like women that just enjoy wearing women's clothing (skirts, dresses, panties, etc...) like me?

- Rose

(Every so often I will go drag but that is a once in a blue moon thing. Mostly I just enjoy wearing women's clothing).

marika_jaye
01-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm with you 100%, Rose! Most of the time I just love wearing skirts/dresses and girly things, but it's rare that I want to go "all the way" with makeup, wig, jewelery, etc.

linnea
01-01-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't that you're alone in this feeling and behavior. Though I do sometimes go out en femme, often I just dress around the house with no intention of going out. And I wear panties--because I enjoy doing so--everyday under whatever clothes I'm wearing on the outside.

Sara Jessica
01-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't like the whole drag thing...

I'm actually bothered by the term "drag" to describe those of us who happen to take our feminine appearance to its fullest potential. Drag implies a show, an act, something that is typically over-the-top in appearance. Drag as a term has a place and I'd guess that most who craft themselves in that arena have no problem with that description. But please understand that a full presentation as the female I am is in no way, shape or form "drag". I'm simply being me.

Raychel
01-01-2009, 01:01 PM
I am with you Rose, I only enjoy the nice clothes, Never go all the way with makeup or wig.

Harley
01-01-2009, 01:15 PM
That's me. I love girlie pretty lady everything. But I am a man, a biker, bearded, mechanic. As long as I don't look into a mirror I feel like a lady. My wife has to see me, but she says, "It's only cloths". Love dressing, but I am a man and have the best/worst of both worlds. "Why can't I wear what I want?

Karren H
01-01-2009, 01:21 PM
That's cool... Most of my crossdressing carrier I was like that.. Except for a few times I went out enfemme when I was younger.. But 5 years ago something changed.. Big tiem..

Kate Simmons
01-01-2009, 01:23 PM
The term itself doesn't bother me. Cassandra Peterson often uses it to describe herself when she is in character as "Elvira".:)

bredalee25
01-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Holy crap, You just described me to a T but yes i'm with you on this one. I just love wearing womens clothes most of the time i'm just wearing the clothes no make up no wig nothing but those wonderful pretty clothes.

Actually, The term drag comes from the term dragqueen which describes a gay man with far to much fashion sence for either sex. He dresses as a woman to show off his extreme fashion sence.

ttfn

Sabrina Flowers
01-01-2009, 01:33 PM
I too just very often wear female clothing and not bother with a wig and alot of make-up. being in the closet like me no one else is going to see me (hopefully), so I have no need for heavy make-up, just a bit of lippy.
I do like to wear jewlery with my clothing though, it is nice to feel ear-rings on the ears dangling away.
I enjoy the clothes and the feeling of wearing the different materials.

Holly
01-01-2009, 01:55 PM
As this thread demonstrates, there are numerous flavors of transgenderism. Each and every individual should have the freedom to express her/himself in whatever manner is appropriate for them. I applaude everyone who recognizes and embraces their comfort level. Congratulations to you.

riversky309
01-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I love wearing female clothing and the way it makes me feel. I am totally in the closet with it and usually only dress from the neck down. I started because I have always had a nylon fetish, so I started by playing with stockings and pantyhose. After discovering the thrill of feeling the nylon against my skin I tried other things like slips and girdles, and then went to heels, dresses and wearing a bra too. BTW, I was in my early 40's and married for 20yrs at the time I started. Now, I enjoy all kinds of dressing and have also discovered how nice it is to share with other CD's and some selective females too. Linda.

Alex!
01-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey - whatever works for you. It's all superficial stuff after all, a costume of sorts.

Despite being a crossdresser, though, I do not identify with drag.

Jaydee
01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I admire those with the ability to go out and "passs", but for me I am happy just enjoying the clothes and the relaxed state of mind that it provides. My dressing is in private, either at home or in hotels, from the neck down. This is what works for me, I don't prejudge others.

Jaydee

bredalee25
01-01-2009, 03:00 PM
If I could get away with it I would just put my femme clothes on and walk out the door. Wake up Brenda you're dreaming again. We all know that the world in which we live will not accept a man wearing a dress or any other piece of female clothing in public. This just reminds me that we live in a society that it's perfectly ok for a GG to put on a piece of male clothing and walk right out the door and nobody even blinks. Let me do it with femme attire and you all know what will happen. I mean go out not trying to pass as a woman.

ttfn

nylonlove
01-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I feel the same way i never wanted a complete make over. My pleasure is the lingerie, stockings etc. This is all i need to get in touch with my feminine side.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-01-2009, 03:13 PM
We come in all sizes, desires, enjoyment, degree of dressing - there is a large spectrum - yet we all have one sisterly thing in common - WE ARE ALL CROSSDRESSERS - just enjoy the level that you like - to each, HER own !
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

k lynn
01-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I enjoyjust wearing panties and bras no make-up or breast forms. I also like my motorcycle time.

Katrina red nails
01-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I just love the feel of the clothes and when dressed i feel so relaxed and comfortable. I do lipstick and nail polish but thats it. Also like some jewellery and accessories. Limited wardrobe at moment due to lack of funds and i am a size 24/26UK. Although i am envious of the looks of some of the girls on here I am enough of a realist to know i will never get anywhere close to them in the beauty stakes.

Emma England
01-01-2009, 03:53 PM
According to the dictionary, a crossdresser is someone who wears clothing designated to the opposite sex.

To me a crossdresser is someone who tries to pass as the opposite sex.

I have worn femme clothes in public. Come the hot summer weather, it is nice to wear a knee-length denim skirt (as a male).

If every cd did this, then the rest of society will accept this lifestyle.

the femm side of me
01-01-2009, 04:07 PM
I enjoy panties and bras, skirts, blouses, stockings, and make up. I dress up at home and have never ever gone out. I wish sometimes there was a place where you could dressed no matter how good or poor you look the main thing is to FEEL good inside.

DawnRodgers
01-01-2009, 04:26 PM
For me, it's the total look. Want tolook and act as a woman. Clothes, shoes, make-up, jewelry, wig, hairless body, wig, nail polish - want to identify and be identified as a woman.

AlisonErinMarietti
01-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I've seen women wear casual outfits which were a hybrid of male and female clothing. This means that they were technically crossdressing. I would love to be able to merge my wardrobe in such a way and not have to care about what's what. It seems that most intolerance comes from the perceived perversion of a Male, existing in public (out as opposed to closet) wearing anything that was intended specifically for a Female.

A kilt may technically fall under the definition of skirt, but isn't generally seen as one given it's past. Which makes it more accepted in society compared to a male wearing a pinkish floral skirt.

Back to women wearing casually mens clothing.

There are few things aside from maybe a jockstrap that are specifically made just for men or are considered to be male only. Womens pants, mens pants. Womens skirt, mens.... kilt. Womens dress, mens..... ???

I know that in the past it was unheard of for a woman to wear pants. This just as recent as the Dick Van Dyke show where there were a limited number of times Mrs. Petrie could wear pants. So, if the past is a precedent for the potential evolution of the future, tolerance of men wearing womens clothing is not far into the future provided the argument is sound.

:2c:

docrobbysherry
01-01-2009, 04:54 PM
For my first two years of CDing, that's all I did. Wear ladies jeans only. Maybe nylons and heels. A bra with sox in it, sometimes.

Then, I found a look that made me appear to be an attractive woman, in my mirror! Now, I rarely bother dressing, unless I'm trying to re-create that illusion!:D

I wouldn't mind if I was called a drag queen. ( I've been called a lot worse things than that!:heehee:) Maybe I could appear to be one on stage. Mite fool folks at a diatance, for a few minutes. But, I could NEVER EVER pass in public, close up!:doh:

MsSamanthaErica
01-01-2009, 05:09 PM
I know I could not readily pass as a woman in public, but in private with no one around I can. At least in my mind! :)

I do wear a wig, since it helps me feel more en femme when I do, brushing long locks or putting it behind my ears, etc. I know that makes some sense to some of my sisters out there. I have not (yet) graduated to makeup, however, painting my toenails excites me and I need to explore that potential.

I sometimes try to figure how close I can get without crossing the line in public, it's not uncommon for me to go out in stockings, a slip and panties just like I did today, but covered in drab.

But for me, the biggest thrill is the exciting clothes and my imagination! For if I imagine myself to be an attractive woman, so I must be... :D

I'm still trying to conquer heels but today I tried a few new lessons learned and it was far better. I am *so* excited!

~Samantha (in corset, stockings and panties and loving it!)

Rose01
01-01-2009, 05:15 PM
I am so glad I am not the only one out there that feels this way.

- Rose

kymmieLorain
01-01-2009, 06:15 PM
I am the type who just likes wearing feminine clothing even though I have forms, wig, some makeup, I have never gone out or completely dressed. Will I? maybe some day.
Know if I where 20 years younger and 100# lighter. then hell yes, I would.

Kymmie

Lisa Catherine
01-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I've had an obsession with nylons since I was in my teens, and I love the way they feel when I'm wearing a pair. SCC 2008 was my first time en femme in public, and it was a VERY intoxicating feeling as well as a stress release!! I live in a small town in the Southern "Bubba Belt", so I have to be picky as to where I can go out in public, even though I have a valid CCW permit and "heat". I've found Tri-Ess to be a great resource and asset in CD'ing in public, and I've lately rediscovered underdressing:thumbsup::hugs::drink:. Cold outdoor weather is a great excuse to run around wearing nylons under the trousers, and a stomach slimmer DOES help you lose weight as well!! Opaque tights are also great winter underdressing accessories, there are a lot of deer hunters who will wear 2 or 3 pair of pantyhose under their gear, because it DOES help you keep warm!!

cd_britney_426
01-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I've never been into drag myself. Before I continue we should all make sure we get the labels right. I consider drag to mean female impersonation. A lot of gay bars as well as the TG-friendly bar I go to has "drag shows." Most of the actresses are not transgender and actually show up to the club in drab and change into female appearance in a dressing room on site. They will also change out and leave the club in drab and you will rarely see them in femme for any other purpose. I enjoy watching drag shows but what turns me off from it personally is the exaggerated flashy appearance of it all. No GG would ever wear any of the outfits the drag queens wear except maybe on Halloween so drag is not realistic.

I find it fairly annoying how so many of the gay men at the club will refer to all of the transsexuals and the crossdressers as "drag queens" and refer to the female appearance of a biological male to be "drag." Since impersonation or acting are not my motivations for dressing up and I actually feel and identify as female when in femme then it has to be something else other than drag.

As for me, my crossdressing has more to do with expressing my true self. I didn't know this in the beginning but I do now. The clothes and look help give me a better personality because I don't have to try to act like a guy but regardless of what I wear I am still me. I don't have a lot of time on my hands so I try to be pretty purpose-driven and that is why I rarely dress up much if I'm just going to be staying home. If I am going to get all dressed up in femme, I've got to go out and do something. I need a lot of work on the makeup, walk, and other things but I am not so concerned about these technical aspects as I am about finding out who I really am fully and what this means for my future. Britney

jessica19cd
01-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I definately think that it just depends on the individual. I think the main point of crossdressing is the clothes, or at least it's the main force compelling someone to become a crossdresser. Wanting to be a girl is something different I think. While it's cool for anyone to dress how they want, it just like it better to appear more feminine rather than just a dude in a dress.

Eva Marie
01-01-2009, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Rose01;1551038]I don't like the whole drag thing. I have nothing against it and people that can pull it off well are a defenite turn on to me. I just don't do it myself. I mean, I know I do have a femme side that comes out to play sometimes. But, are there other guys out there that don't want to look like women that just enjoy wearing women's clothing (skirts, dresses, panties, etc...) like me?

Sometimes it's better for me to copy the quote because I easily stray off topic. "Drag" is a reference, and it's use has already been addressed here. But, directly to the question: I approach cross dressing as (more or less) an art form. I really enjoy the variety in design and colors that are available, and I've accummulated closets-full. However, the idea of wearing fem clothing, especially concealed articles, in total privacy, only for the sake of wearing these garments, does nothing for me. My apologies to those who wear women's undergarments all the time. If it works for you . . . But to attend a conference, such as SCC or Esprit, where a couple of opportunities are in the schedule to really show your best is what it's all about to me. It's like presenting an exhibit of my art, or a recital of my music.

Marjory
01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
I just like wearing women's clothes, nothing fancy, just flats and slacks when i can get the chance and mostly around the house. In the seventies i went out dressed all the time and, some how, managed to pass(I think). That thrill is gone and around the house would be fine, but the wife is home all the time now. So I'm with Karen in time between dressing.
I remember coming home from the Army, I couldn't wait to see how my patent flats looked with my dress greens.

PhillyGuy2Girl
01-02-2009, 02:04 AM
To each their own is my motto. We are different and have different levels of crossdressing.

Myself, I love doing the total femme thing.Love the clothes,panties,bras,wigs,make up,jewelry,the whole nine yards.

Felicity :)

AlisonErinMarietti
01-02-2009, 02:24 AM
To each their own is my motto. We are different and have different levels of crossdressing.

Felicity :)

True. The more I think about different levels, the more I realize I do the same when dressing masculinely. Some days I feel like dressing in one style and the next day another so long as I'm comfortable. It varies depending on a myriad of things. Also true for me when I Xdress.

Electra
01-02-2009, 04:37 AM
I dress for the softness of women's clothing, the swirl of a skirt round my legs, the hug of a tight dress or skirt round my body, the feel of silk or nylon panties and the smoothness of nylon stockings. I just love that sensuousness. I dress in private mainly (without my wife's knowledge, when she is away) and then only the clothes, no make-up, wig or breast forms. But once in a while, when away alone for one or other reason, I go to professional makeover services for a complete feminine look.

Billie Jean
01-02-2009, 05:04 AM
I like to wear a skirt and flats around the house without all the trimmings. Billie Jean

Jenniferpl
01-02-2009, 05:29 AM
It is all about the frabics.. Nothing feels better than silk or satin.

4 inch heels aren't bad either.

nikki47
01-02-2009, 05:49 AM
When i haven't much time,i will just dress without makeup,it still makes me feel good,but i'm happier when i can do the whole makeup,nails and wig.Even though i'm in the closet i still like to glam up.

Nikki

Lawren
01-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Same thing for me. I wear femme things because I love the feel. I love the look also but I could never pass so I don't look in the mirror very often. I wear femme undergarments all the time and most of the time at home I wear my "comfy" clothes.

Jennifer in CO
01-02-2009, 08:42 AM
For the last several years I've been a 24/7 CD/Guy meaning I'm 24/7 in womens clothes but fully presenting as male. My usual attire is fem slacks/jeans and simple tops/blouses with fem shoes of some sort. Its a very rare occasion I get a second look and if I do its from a GG who probably has the same clothes in her closet. I prefer the texture/feel of a womans cut/fabric in what I wear. I can CD all the time and not be noticed but I have the peace/comfort knowing "my little secret". Oh I do venture a bit too fem at times (for a guy) but what girl doesn't want to look or feel pretty on occasion?

Jenn

morgan51
01-02-2009, 09:28 AM
I wear whatever I feel comfortable in I underdress 24/7 bra and panties sometimes fem socks with designs on them. at home I,m comfortable in a skirt and womens top for most of the time. I have long french acrylics 24/7 and painted toes most of the time. as for makeup and wig it seems to require too much time to enjoy all of the time those are reserved for special occasions when we have the space and time, read no company kids etc. Happy newyear everyone Morgan

Slip Affinity
01-02-2009, 09:47 AM
There is no other way for me to look at my dressing except as being a guy in womens clothes. I don't try to kid myself into thinking I can/could pass. I have a wig but rarely wear it; likewise with a pair of heels ... a weak knee makes me nervous when wearing them. In the past, I toyed a bit with makeup but don't bother with it anymore. I feel good when I'm wearing the clothes and particularly the lingerie and that is where I get my enjoyment. I love the feel nylons on my legs, the tightness of the bra around my chest and the wonderful feeling of a full slip. My wife knows and accepts what I do and I have the freedom of leaving my things on the bed if I so choose. I'm very satisfied with the way I am.

Byllie
01-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Okay, I'll chime in. I love to wear skirts and nice blouses, underdress, and have on a little bit of makeup. No wigs, though. The way I see it, I'm wearing feminine clothing to express my feminine side. And I agree that if more CDs wore feminine clothing, without trying to pass as women, then attitudes might have a chance of changing. Then again, for some (not me) if wearing feminine clothing became acceptable for men, some would be sorry as the thrill *might* be gone.

Katie Ellen
01-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I must be weird! I don't ever want it to be acceptable for a man to wear a skirt in public while maintaining a male identity.

I used to think that I just "liked the feel" of womens clothing. I've learned that what I really desired was the feel of "being" a women. I don't want to just wear a bra, I want to support my breasts.

I want to express femininity, not look like a guy in a dress.

At least that's my goal.

AlisonErinMarietti
01-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Okay, I'll chime in. I love to wear skirts and nice blouses, underdress, and have on a little bit of makeup. No wigs, though. The way I see it, I'm wearing feminine clothing to express my feminine side. And I agree that if more CDs wore feminine clothing, without trying to pass as women, then attitudes might have a chance of changing. Then again, for some (not me) if wearing feminine clothing became acceptable for men, some would be sorry as the thrill *might* be gone.

I must be weird! I don't ever want it to be acceptable for a man to wear a skirt in public while maintaining a male identity.

I used to think that I just "liked the feel" of womens clothing. I've learned that what I really desired was the feel of "being" a women. I don't want to just wear a bra, I want to support my breasts.

I want to express femininity, not look like a guy in a dress.

At least that's my goal.

I like to imagine a sci-fi future where what gender you are and what you look like physically could be changed before you walk outside for the day.

With the rate of what people are able to do evolving at the pace it is able to in the world, I feel confident in that my ideas and dreams have some sort of probability to them.
:daydreaming:

bobbie anne
01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I also only wear womens clothes, no make up or wig. I do not try to look like a woman, only a guy in a dress.

Scotty
01-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I wear female clothes or androngoneous clothes anyway...
Female jeans - I only own 2 male jeans and 6 female.

panties, purse...

But I dont' want to pass, just want my femme side.

Jennifer Cox
01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
That's cool... Most of my crossdressing carrier I was like that.. Except for a few times I went out enfemme when I was younger.. But 5 years ago something changed.. Big tiem..

:yt:

Jayne
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I fully agree.
It's nice to wear what you want and go as far as you want.
I sometimes only need to paint my nails.
Other times I need to don stockings suspenders panties and a bra.
If I feel the need I go the whole hog and use make up and a wig then go for a drive fully dressed.

Just enjoy it :)

Byllie
01-02-2009, 03:00 PM
I like to imagine a sci-fi future where what gender you are and what you look like physically could be changed before you walk outside for the day
This was actually an episode of the New Outer Limits.

emma_33tv
01-02-2009, 03:19 PM
I do both.......mostly just wear femme clothes etc... without going the whole way with make up. I do enjoy dressing this way and will frequently carry this into my male life where circumstances permit. I would undoubtedly fully dress with make up more often if I didn't suffer with a terrible shaving rash when I close shave. (Any recommendations on how to eradicate this rash would be appreciated as I have tried lots). Em x

CharleneT
01-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I also do both, although of late I have been just dressing at home. No makeup or the like, not going out etc.... I enjoy wearing women's clothes a lot. I also enjoy getting into a feminine personality and passing and all that jazz... but I only do that in spurts.

I could easily live with just plain crossdressing though.

suzy
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah Rose,

Excellent point....

I do enjoy dressing up all the way, complete with make up, jewelry and feminine clothes in total, but rarely do I go out like that. One day I will tho.... but for now things are working so I'll just reamin status quo and happy with what I have.

I have noticed however, that I must wear feminine underthings all of the time and I am a bit more relaxed each day about wearing things like feminine jeans with guy clothes or a feminine sweater as long as it isn't too feminine while in guy mode...otherwise, if the clothes are too feminine I'll opt to stay home and dress up and have fun at home.:hugs:

Janet Bern
01-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I have always been content to dress without a wig or makeup. I am tall and figured that was all that was possible. As I got older I got interested in wigs and started wearing them. Later in life I started using makeup and learning how to apply it and look feminine. Then, I finally wanted to see how it is for a woman to shop and have lunch. I gave it a try and loved it. Noone really noticed that I wasnt a woman and had lovely days as a woman. I was looked at as being a tall lady although I had to forego the 2 inch heels and move to "flats".
Fine with me, its fun.
I think that many of you who wont be satisfied to just wear a dress but may want to go out shopping enfemme.
Do it.. its fun.
Janet

ga_crossdresser
01-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes I love the clothes and have never dressed completely with a wig and makeup although I would love to soon. For me give me a nitegown or some lingerie I'm happy but don't get me wrong I love dresses, skirts, and anything else fem. I'm trying to build my wardrobe but with limited funds it is tough at the present time but hopefully that will change soon.

ahleahrose1963
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I dont want to be a full on woman! I love wereing wemans clothes. If you saw me in make up and my wig you would tell me to go back dressing like a man(LOL)

jayme357
01-02-2009, 10:18 PM
"But for me, the biggest thrill is the exciting clothes and my imagination! For if I imagine myself to be an attractive woman, so I must be... "

In just a few words you have captured the essence of who we are.

You just have to love it!!!!

ColleenPDX
01-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Most of the time I just wear lingerie under my drab clothes, but when I get the chance I like to dress up around the house. I've got a wig but I haven't had much chance to wear it and I've never really done much with makeup. I don't think I would ever be at all passable, so I just dress around the house and really enjoy the way I feel. If I though I could get away with it I would venture out dolled up in a second.

Intertwined
01-02-2009, 11:54 PM

OUCH...!

This is me on my way out the door for Jury duty.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=7387

This was today at Lowe's hardware getting a new chainsaw blade.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=8890

These are just more of my various skirts
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=7456&albumid=927&dl=1228107372&thumb=1http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=7398&albumid=927&dl=1228029244&thumb=1http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=7394&albumid=927&dl=1228029149&thumb=1

MissConstrued
01-03-2009, 01:33 AM

Let's modify that just a little....

I must be weird! I don't ever want it to be acceptable for a woman to wear trousers in public while maintaining a female identity.

There! Now you can see how f***ing stupid that sounds!

emmicd
01-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm just a guy in womens clothes too! I do like to imagine how I could look if I were a real girl but that is fantasy and I live in reality knowing I'm just a guy who enjoys crossdressing.

emmi

Jamie001
01-03-2009, 12:33 PM
I really like your overall look. I consider myself as a feminized male and don't object to the terms Jane-Girl, Nancy-Boy, or Sissy. I am also very proud of who and what I am. You look many year younger without the beard.

:hugs: Jamie

OUCH...!

This is me on my way out the door for Jury duty.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=7387

This was today at Lowe's hardware getting a new chainsaw blade.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=8890

These are just more of my various skirts
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=7456&albumid=927&dl=1228107372&thumb=1http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=7398&albumid=927&dl=1228029244&thumb=1http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=7394&albumid=927&dl=1228029149&thumb=1

sfwarbonnet
01-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Wearing women’s clothes restarted for me in earnest several years ago when I discovered that traditionally women’s clothing often provided disability accommodation lacking in men’s clothing.

The suitability of women’s clothes was a chain reaction that started with the discovery that women’s pull-on pants were easier to put on and pull up than men’s belted pants, and the suggestion by a (male) MD that I try wearing pantyhose to avoid persisting indentations in my lower legs. When wearing pull-on pants and pantyhose, the fly traditionally found in men’s briefs is not useful, and lighter panties are more comfortable with pantyhose anyway. However, pull on pants often pull down and the tops of panties and pantyhose are visible. This can be avoided by wearing a short slip, wherein the tail can’t pull out because you are sitting on it! The slippery material in most slips also makes it easier to pull up pants and tuck in the shirttail. I usually remove the pants and top in the evening, put on a long tee, and leave on the slip and pantyhose.

I posted these suggestions on a non-CD forum, and the overwhelming response was to avoid “girl things”. I probably discovered the functionally of women’s clothes because I have worn women’s clothes whenever possible since I was a teen. My findings also provided an “excuse” for my wife to accept and participate in my crossdressing. Kudos to those of you who go out in “mixed” mode (which restroom go you use?). For me it’s underdressing now, but the further I go, the more I want to go ‘all the way’ and go out en femme.

Amelia Moxon
01-03-2009, 01:55 PM
That’s pretty much what I do at the moment. I have been out en-femme many times, but as my parents don't support my CD nature it gets expensive getting a hotel every time I go out. I'll be getting my own place in a few years so then I can do what I want when I want.

Amelia.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
01-03-2009, 11:56 PM
I feel more confident being dressed up as a woman and feel better about myself. In the summer month's I will wear skirts outside while mowing the lawn without being fully dressed up. This past year it was several times but with 2009, I expect to wear skirts whenever I'm outside the house. Enough neighbors have seen me dressed up and in skirts otherwise, that i think it will be fine..

But in public away from home I prefer to be fully dressed up. :battingeyelashes:

jenniferTgurl
01-04-2009, 12:26 AM
I used to be like that. When I dressed it was just in panties maybe a bra and stockings that's it. But at about age 45 (I'm now almost 51) something changed suddenly and in a big way. I sudenly wanted to dress fully and, yes even go out dressed, which up to that point had been a big no no. This hit me all of a sudden. After wrestling with my feelings I went out and bought a "starter wardrobe" and Jennifer was born..........My only regret, I wish I had done it sooner

jessiejess112
01-04-2009, 01:52 AM
I agree with "JenniferTgurl", when I was younger I was happy with just wearing panties and dresses without dressing up all the way. But it was because I didn't have any wigs or my own makeup :). Now, when I dress I always have to wear a wig and make up and create the illusion that I am a woman; otherwise I don't dress at all. I guess just wearing the clothes is no longer enough for me.

billie earls
01-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Drag Queens is a term I feel should be used only for those who are professional entertainers or those doing it an entertaining reason. The rest of us are at different stages in our CDing and there will always be that difference. It really doesn't matter because we find our own comfort level and that is where we'll stay until and if we decide to change it. Labels and tags are sometimes used to put people down and they only answer to that is just accept whatever the outside world calls us and not let it lower our self esteem. Tags like sissy were fighting words when I was growing up and now deep inside me I accept the term, there isn't any of the negative feelings I once had. I accept me for who I am, I'm not going to hurt others and I'm not going to let them hurt me.

Rachell
01-04-2009, 04:09 AM
I just like wearing sexy things in private,Harley's got it described for me. I am a bearded male that loves to put on a mini skirt or a dressy office outfit lip gloss and jewelry and just hang out. My wife loves to see me like this and even thinks my attitude changes when dressed. Panties for me 24/7 and wear a bra most days under my male clothes. Although someday I would love to go all the way.I just love wearing womens cloths.
Rach

Michelle_in_tights
01-04-2009, 08:05 AM
I just wear tights and leotards or swimsuits for the thrill and once I'm satisfied I can't wait to get out of them. Its more of a fetish for me.

BobbiJ
01-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Katie Ellen

Let's modify that just a little....

Originally Posted by Katie Ellen
I must be weird! I don't ever want it to be acceptable for a woman to wear trousers in public while maintaining a female identity.

There! Now you can see how f***ing stupid that sounds!

Thanks MissC, you beat me to it. When i first saw that, my blood boiled. All i could think was, "She wants us to suffer ridicule, hatred, and embarrassment just because of who we are?"

Out of Intertwined's pics, i really like the last one with the tank, beige skirt & sneaks. That is one cool and comfy look.

Angie G
01-04-2009, 09:47 AM
I an somewhat that way but I do enjoy feeling and dressing sexy now and then.:hugs:
Angie

diane51
01-04-2009, 09:57 AM
So far for me I am content to dress in sexy clothing. No need for a wig, nail polish, or other refinements but I can see that changing.
Diane

MissConstrued
01-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Out of Intertwined's pics, i really like the last one with the tank, beige skirt & sneaks. That is one cool and comfy look.

Someone here is probably going to scream, but... that beige skirt is actually a man's (yes, made specifically for men) hiking skirt, from Mountain Hardwear. I have one too, and wear it lots in the summer with a t-shirt and river sandals. Fact is, I probably wear skirts more in guy mode than girl mode. They're all pretty masculine-looking though -- denim, camo, etc. And nary a batted eyelash anywhere I go.

Of course, wearing men's skirts wouldn't have anything to do with crossdressing. But there's still a bit of public perception out there.

Anne-Marie
01-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm actually bothered by the term "drag" to describe those of us who happen to take our feminine appearance to its fullest potential. Drag implies a show, an act, something that is typically over-the-top in appearance. Drag as a term has a place and I'd guess that most who craft themselves in that arena have no problem with that description. But please understand that a full presentation as the female I am is in no way, shape or form "drag". I'm simply being me.

I couldn't agree with Sara Jessica more re the term drag.

I used to just like dressing in fem clothes, usually a skirt and tunic sometimes a dress. More often than not for me now though I want to take things a little further, heels and some jewellery, some scent though less often make-up. I dont currently have a wig - though this is coming soon. I've very recently (after about 30 years) come to terms with my female / fem identity and I guess this is why things are changing for me now. There was a time when i would shoot down in flames anyone who referred to me as a girl on a forum like this but I don't bother about things like that now and have even adopted a part unisex part female name. How things (and opinions) can change.

Tasha McIntyre
01-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Reading all the responses just confirms that we all have our own level of dressing, and we all need to find our own comfort level.

90% of the time it's just clothing for me, no desire to present as a girl.

10% of the time I'll have a go at make up and hair, which is a recent development for moi. At these times I do try my best to look feminine (with varying levels of success).

Bear in mind that I am firmly entrenched in the closet, and doubt I will ever have the guts to head out in public

sweetcheeksbev
01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
i love to use and wear feminine things but i don't go out fully with make up or wig but once in heels and blouse. do wear panties 24/7 and a bra more and more

shelbyell47
01-05-2009, 12:17 AM
I am a heterosexual male crossdresser. I do it all except wigs and makeup. It is just for me. My wife knows I wear panties, I told her when we were dating 19 years ago. It is ok with her. I suspect she knows more but I figure it a "don't tell me anything, I don't want to know". I love her very much she is the light of my life. I would like to tell her the whole story but I fear the worst outcome might happen. It is not worth it. I know it is a gamble, but at this point I am taking the risk. I am looking for all the input I can get. I hope I have something to offer at some point. Right now I am gathering all the information I can get to help put everything in perspective.
Shelby

cd_britney_426
01-05-2009, 01:36 AM
One pattern I've noticed that separates drag queens from TSs/CDs is that you almost never see a drag queen just hanging out at a nightclub. They almost always enter the T-friendly bar in drab and they leave in drab too. If they do hang out in the club it is usually after the show and for a limited time. Another example but one I can't verify is that a lot of drag queens don't underdress. This is at least what most of them have told me. In other words, even on stage when they are all dolled up in exaggerated female clothes, they still have on men's underwear underneath. A lot of them also don't shave their legs but instead wear leggings, nylons, or something that wouldn't require shaving. Not that any of this is important but it is something I've observed. Britney

HappyErica
01-05-2009, 01:43 AM
I am man who likes womens clothing.. I wear mostly bras and my wife is ok with it.. Hopefully soon I can expand some on my dressing but I want to do with the support of my wife.

Lana Lang
01-06-2009, 06:34 AM
I've seen women wear casual outfits which were a hybrid of male and female clothing. This means that they were technically crossdressing. I would love to be able to merge my wardrobe in such a way and not have to care about what's what. It seems that most intolerance comes from the perceived perversion of a Male, existing in public (out as opposed to closet) wearing anything that was intended specifically for a Female.

A kilt may technically fall under the definition of skirt, but isn't generally seen as one given it's past. Which makes it more accepted in society compared to a male wearing a pinkish floral skirt.

Back to women wearing casually mens clothing.

There are few things aside from maybe a jockstrap that are specifically made just for men or are considered to be male only. Womens pants, mens pants. Womens skirt, mens.... kilt. Womens dress, mens..... ???

I know that in the past it was unheard of for a woman to wear pants. This just as recent as the Dick Van Dyke show where there were a limited number of times Mrs. Petrie could wear pants. So, if the past is a precedent for the potential evolution of the future, tolerance of men wearing womens clothing is not far into the future provided the argument is sound.

:2c:

I find the whole "women get to wear pants, why can't we wear skirts?" thing interesting. I agree, women can wear pants and dress shirts so it's unfair that we are judged if we wear skirts or dresses. However, I don't think that women in general go to the degree that male crossdressers go to with their appearances in terms of putting on facial hair, wearing a prosthetic in their pants, deepening their voice, putting on a male wig, trying to walk like a man, etc.

I find it akin to comparing apples and oranges. Wearing clothes designated for the opposite gender is one thing and in a strict definition, this is considered crossdressing but as someone once said on here, anything beyond that is optional and IMO, doesn't really relate to the argument.

paulaluvssz8
01-06-2009, 09:37 AM
for me, I have facial hair. So no way to go all the way. But do enjoy the feel of clothing deemed for female.

Satrana
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I agree, women can wear pants and dress shirts so it's unfair that we are judged if we wear skirts or dresses.

The problem with the argument is that the term crossdressing is too all encompassing. Technically the word means to dress in the clothes of the opposite gender. There is nothing in that definition to suggest that it means changing your gender presentation. So when CDs use breast forms, hip pads, wigs and change their voices and body mannerisms in order to pass, this is something much more than crossdressing.

So by clarifying terms we can make sense of the debate. Crossdressing involves only the use of clothes, those attempting to pass are emulating. By adding this extra definition we avoid the apples vs oranges debates.

So when women wear masculine clothing they are crossdressing. But very few women are emulators whilst it is fairly common for male crossdressers to indulge in emulation.

What this indicates is that women use crossdressing differently than the members of this forum. Since there is normally no stigma or repercussions from crossdressing, women take it for granted they can mix masculine and feminine clothes to suit their mood or surrounding environment. So their crossdressing is used for more mundane reasons unlike the secretive, fantasy driven behavior/transgenderism exhibited here which explains the widespread use of emulation.

The other issue not discussed is role models. Women have no visible role models of females emulating males so they naturally copy what other women do and just mix clothes to suit their needs. On the other hand male CDs are constantly bombarded by images and stories of emulation so many instinctively follow the lead and believe crossdressing=emulation.

Of course the fact that emulation is great fun, great escapism, and opens up our eyes to another level of existence means it is hard to resist once tried.

Emma England
01-06-2009, 02:29 PM
To me, this emulation is what I consider true crossdressing.

Just wearing feminine clothes is a fashion choice.

Most members on here are too scared to be a guy in femme clothes. Tyring to pass as women is what the muggles don't understand.

Cary
01-06-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm with you 95%. I just like wearing the clothes and how they make me feel. I only dress in the house behind drawn shades or underdress out and about. I still have a longing to go out dressed once again before I die, eventhou I've only done it once during a blackout. I have never gone all the way( No wig, makeup, purse), nor do I have the desire at this time.

Lainie
01-06-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't bother with make-up, because, hey--big moustache, big frame--you can't put lipstick on a pig.

But I do feel best dressed totally en femme, and I do wear blouse, women's pants, purse and even heels into my favorite second-hand fashion boutique. My new year's resolution is to show up in a skirt next time I walk in to shop for a dress.

I've been wearing panties & bras & hose often under my boy clothes lately, and I have a firm rule that I won't buy anything girly unless I am at least wearing feminine lingerie.

The point is to feel feminine--while not frightening the passersby...

Emily Anderson
01-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I think there are many like you, who just do the clothing thing and don't go beyond that. It's especially difficult for guys who know they don't have a feminine look, and are ever conscious of that. So, we play mind tricks on ourselves, and every once in a while, get a glimpse at our feminine side through our minds eye. No harm in that!

iwearstockings
01-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm the same, I couldn't giva a damn about passing, i just love to dress up!

Tomara
01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Rose
Great thread !
I also feel the same as most that responded , in that I love to wear feminine clothing , mostly I under dress and around my home wear feminine outer clothes.But I know I would not even come close to being passable so I don`t even try , and I am OK with that.
I think it is great that everyone has there own preferences and desires , if we were all the same the world would be pretty boring.
Tomara

Steveo
01-07-2009, 09:17 AM
hi' i am of the brigade that would not pass in public, and would not want to,
so for me it's fem jeans and fem tops, withe the obligatory bra and panties,
just wanted to add my two pennies to this thread, i think this one will run and run i reccon there are more of us out there that wear fem clothes to blend than the in your face (no affence) types (only jellouse) who do and can
walk about in public in skirt or dress, i say good on you, but as i have already stated it's jeans and a some what masquline looking fem top.

shelbyell47
01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
To Emily Anderson, You sure don't have that problem. You look great!
Wish I looked half a good.
Shelby

beenherelongtime
01-07-2009, 06:39 PM
again, if this is what you like, fine

FlygrlChristy
01-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I admire those with the ability to go out and "passs", but for me I am happy just enjoying the clothes and the relaxed state of mind that it provides. My dressing is in private, either at home or in hotels, from the neck down. This is what works for me, I don't prejudge others.

Jaydee

Me too, I used to do the full femme parade when I was younger and single, but with a wife and 2 kids, and all the travel I do for work, I find it hard to squeeze in sleep. Now I've cut it down to dressing when I'm away at work, in hotels, besides, carrying all that extra stuff in my suitcase takes up too much room.:hugs:

Christy

Randee
01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I just wear tights and leotards or swimsuits for the thrill and once I'm satisfied I can't wait to get out of them. Its more of a fetish for me.

Michelle in Tights has a position about like mine. I am glad this thread came up so I could share my thoughts. I am one who enjoys wearing clothing over the years that women and girls have claimed for their own. I asked myself why something that looked like it would feel so good should only be worn by them.

At first it was the curiosity of the clothing and then the identity with the feminity of the persons usually in them. As a boy curious what it would feel like to dress like a girl in leotards and tights, a dance recital costume, one piece bathing suits, and pantyhose, it's easy to get caught up in looking and feeling girly. At that age, a boy's facial features and body has yet to develop the strikingly masculine traits such that he can be quite feminine looking at his reflection in the mirror clothed in his girly garments, wherever they came from be a Mom, a sister, or a girl cousin. Some are lucky enough to get to dress together. Others like me had to sneak and wear them around when everyone else is away, mortified at the thought of getting caught.

Later growing up I looked for information about what is going on with me, why I felt so titillated when a girl at school would appear in a form fitting leotard and tights for a dance or drama class and how ashamedly desirous I was to wear the same thing with her were it not for the embarassment I was certain would be heaped on me. I found out what the terms were like transvestite, crossdresser, transgender, and transexual. I decided I was a mere crossdresser cause I just wanted to wear the clothing. I did not want to become a girl or even try to pass after playing at it a whle. I certainly did not want to become the other gender. I like the difference and my role in it as a male. Having one's weiner chopped off like those who want to think they are really women was out of the question. Hell, I was having much to much fun with that thing down there to ever want to be without it!

As my confidence grew, I found excuses to wear the outfits I enjoyed publicly to seek a certain level of acceptance. I wore leotards and tights, and unitards as costumes for Halloween parties and performances. It gave me a reason to go into dancewear stores and eventually the confidence to try on leotards and tights outfits in the stores. After confiding with several girlfriends that I liked dressing like that, they very much made it a non issue and we sometimes enjoyed each other while both dressed in skintight dancewear. I was able to enroll in a jazz/ballet dance class with a girlfriend as the only guy with her and several other ladies. I was welcomed into the first class in my leotards and tights along with them in theirs and was expected to be in them always for class. It was the closest I ever came to being treated like just one of the girls. Because I attended with my girlfriend, it was my rare chance to fit in and be part of a world I would not normally be able to participate in like I did.

Over the years I did contact several crossdressing groups and visited a few meetings. Instead of realizing a fascination with women and being in their clothes, I never failed to find myself staring at a group of like minded men dressed up in women's clothes. Some seemed to think they actually passed. No way! A curious event I almost got into with special appeal for me was a one time aerobics class for a club of crossdressers. I was welcomed to come and join them so long as I was dressed femme in leotards and tights too. And for them that meant also makeup and wig. Since I had no wig, I made plans to accomodate them by wearing a navy ladies turban to go along with the navy long sleeve front zip v-neck leotard and matching tights I planned to wear. Once I was in my workout outfit with the turban and makeup, I thought I could make the drive to the place wearing a denim jumper dress over them, a look I had seen before. But alas, something popped up that prevented me from doing the aerobics class. And they never did it again. It must not have gone over that well.

And from that near experience, I realized that my desire to dress was not to pass or pretend to be femme, but to enjoy the clothes. My masculine features always showed through the feminine clothes even though they tended to soften them. And the appeal was truly not for the leotard on the girl, but the girl that was in the leotard. Still I found that I liked stretching and lounging in a unitard or my leotards and tights. Pantyhose were practical for a little extra warmth and leg support. And one piece swimsuits were comfortable to wear for lap swim. I found that one piece swimsuits had been made for men identical to the womens and a number of men besides myself like them. Women don't get the same tactile thrill from the outfits that men do. Silky panties that get us worked up sliding over our privates do nothing like that for women and are instead worn to give their skirts and outer clothing more glide over them.

Even though as we grow up, we realize that what we were dealing with fetishes and fantasies still feel good to wear and, in some cases, are quite practical. If more men would try some of these garments and fabrics, they might catch on. More and more men are sliding into pantyhose and discovering their benefits. So I say enjoy the clothing. But take a reality check once in a while. Crossdressing, especially trying to pass, is a major waster of the time we have been given here. I am for having a little fun, enjoying the titillation of it, then slipping out of my lycra turtleneck leotard and tights, heels, and turban, and then moving on. Sorry this was so long.

sfwarbonnet
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I like to imagine a sci-fi future where what gender you are and what you look like physically could be changed.

Star Trek has been there... Both males and females wore skants (i.e. short dresses) with black pantyhose in the pilot episode of TNG. I also think there was a female impersonator, but I don't recsll the flavor of ST or the episode; does anyone?

Anne-Marie
01-10-2009, 05:17 AM

Since there is normally no stigma or repercussions from crossdressing, women take it for granted they can mix masculine and feminine clothes to suit their mood or surrounding environment.

Ahh but there is a difference when women wears male clothes and are accepted but if a male wears a skirt or dress this is seen as deviant and wrong by much of society.

CherylMoss
01-10-2009, 05:26 AM
I used to dress fully, make-up, wig etc and used to feel fantastic, but now I have to take what I can when I can, which means lingerie under male clothes. I imagine if I was entertaining a man/woman as Cheryl, I would have to be the complete girl because that's who Cheryl is.

Anne-Marie
01-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Women don't get the same tactile thrill from the outfits that men do. Silky panties that get us worked up sliding over our privates do nothing like that for women and are instead worn to give their skirts and outer clothing more glide over them.

Randee, just wondering, how do you know this? I just immagined that the feeling would be the same.

I wear panties 24/7 and most of the time I forget I'm wearing them. I've done this for well over 5 years now and think of the panties as just my underwear. It's sexy and comfortable. Guess this is just the way it is for GGs

I have also taken to wearing a bra most of the time. Sometimes for days or even weeks on end (not the same one, I have several so I can change :) ) I do get a kick when I feel the strap around my back sometimes but never thought that things might feel different to GGs

Emily01
01-10-2009, 06:27 AM
i no more understand the idea of being a guy (especially with facial hair) dressed in women's clothing than some of you might understand the idea of being a guy trying to pass as a gal.

i don't get it but i accept it. and my approval isn't required is it? ....lol...and isn't that a good thing!

what a compelling and interesting variety!

sweetcheeksbev
01-10-2009, 06:28 AM
i wear panties 24/7 most of the time with a pad and wear a bra all the time when at home now i just enjoy wearing feminine things have only been out once when i went for a set of forms not trying to pass as a women

Emma England
01-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Going out wearing womens clothes, but obviously male will help let the muggles learn to eventually accept crossdressing. Just like when women first started to wear pants.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to pass. There is also nothing wrong with not wanting to pass. You are free to be yourself.

Satrana
01-10-2009, 10:11 AM
But take a reality check once in a while. Crossdressing, especially trying to pass, is a major waster of the time we have been given here.
Good point and something I have personally come to realize as my CDing has matured over the years. No harm in enjoying the fantasy but don't let it become a compulsion nor have it define your experience. You should be able to enjoy both states of presentation not just one. More importantly find a way to properly integrate CDing into your life so that you never have to set aside a special time especially if that means deliberately excluding those around you.

sfwarbonnet
01-10-2009, 10:19 AM
I have also taken to wearing a bra most of the time. Sometimes for days or even weeks on end (not the same one, I have several so I can change :) ) I do get a kick when I feel the strap around my back sometimes but never thought that things might feel different to GGs

I wear my wife's bra whenever possible (like now) but she takes it off as soon as she (thinks she) can and doesn't wear one at home. She doesn't want me to be a "girl" so I underdress without a bra, makeup, or wig now. But she bought my panties, pantyhose, and slips and accepts that I wear them almost daily (underdresing away from home and when friends & family might drop in and uncovered at home in the evering). A bra is next, then a women's short hairstyle, and makeup. Then going out with her en femme.

Rose01
01-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Ahh but there is a difference when women wears male clothes and are accepted but if a male wears a skirt or dress this is seen as deviant and wrong by much of society.

Yeah, I don't get that either. What I also don't get is the whole double standard thing in society today. I mean, when two women kiss or make out, its considered hot and sexy but if two men kiss or make out its "Oh, They're Gay!". That I don't get...

- Rose

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-10-2009, 04:02 PM
I prefer to be 100% all done up - full makeup, clothes, and the whole works. That is the most fulfilling experience for me. When I look in the mirror, I want to see Gabrielle looking back at me, not just my (male) self dressed in women's clothes.

I can't pass as a woman in public, but I like to try and pass as one in the mirror. :)

I rarely have the time and opportunity to do all of that, so most of the time, I just wear the clothes. I still love wearing the clothes when I can't get all made up, but the experience is not as rewarding.

Very interesting to read the wide range of differences in personal preference.

MsSamanthaErica
01-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I need a lot more practice before I am ready to go out... at the moment it is private to me and I try to underdress when I can. I dress more and more in private than I ever used to -- plus more when I am out and about (drab, yet sophisticated LOL). It makes me feel so special when I do, no matter what I end up 'doing'.

Having been laughed at a lot when I was kid, I *never* laugh at anyone who is different. I know that is just too cruel. I sometimes stare, only because by female side wants to know how they did it or watch them strut their stuff.

It's good to be a woman...even if for only a little while! :heehee:

~Samantha

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-11-2009, 11:27 AM
im just a guy in womens clothes........
wasnt born female so im not gona try to pass as one........

why should only the females get to wear all the fun clothes??????

i HATE wearing pants........

a skirt can NEVER be to short...........

janet p
01-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I wear panties 24/7 and I also would like to be able wear skirts and blouses when I fell like it.:love:

Rose01
01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
I will never understand why women wearing mens clothes is acceptable but iin this society, men wearing women's clothe is concidered odd. I don't get it.

- Rose

MsSamanthaErica
01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
:iagree:

Great point Rose! I say that *all* the time! Let me wear what makes me feel good!!

Hugs,
~Samantha

sfwarbonnet
01-17-2009, 11:52 AM

I think men should be as comfortable shopping for, and wearing, women’s clothes as women are in wearing men’s clothing. I underdress frequently and am comfortable wearing women's clothing. But it is also offers accommodations for men who are handicapped. I posted specifics in the Suitable Clothing thread, That post is quite long so specifics are not repeated here.

I posted my suggestions on a forum for those with MS. The overwhelming response asserted that men should only wear menswear and avoid "girl things". Apparently society is not ready to accept a man wearing clothes that are traditional for females, although these offer "solutions" to the problem of identifying clothing that would provide accommodations for difficulty due to limited flexibility, lousy balance, exposed skin, and swelling of the lower legs.

MelodyS.
01-17-2009, 01:11 PM
I like to dress fully, with make up and wig. I don't own a pair of breast forms, but I am saving up for a pair. I probably will never pass as a female and I have no desire to be a female. I just like to look as close to one as I can. I love the look and feel of the clothes. I don't go out dressed and don't know if I ever will.

skirt_guy
01-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Someone here is probably going to scream, but... that beige skirt is actually a man's (yes, made specifically for men) hiking skirt, from Mountain Hardwear. I have one too, and wear it lots in the summer with a t-shirt and river sandals. Fact is, I probably wear skirts more in guy mode than girl mode. They're all pretty masculine-looking though -- denim, camo, etc. And nary a batted eyelash anywhere I go.

Of course, wearing men's skirts wouldn't have anything to do with crossdressing. But there's still a bit of public perception out there.

MissConstrued,

Thanks for the insight, I looked for this hiking skirt on Mountain Hardware website and couldn't find it. Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
SG

MissConstrued
01-22-2009, 09:08 PM
MissConstrued,

Thanks for the insight, I looked for this hiking skirt on Mountain Hardware website and couldn't find it. Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
SG

I don't know. I bought mine from REI, but it's not showing on their website either. There are two possible explanations -- it's not in stock right now because it's winter, or they're not making it any longer.

susan fuller
01-22-2009, 09:37 PM
I love the feel when I am dressed as agirl. I dress all the time except when I go out to work or where I could be recognized. If I could I would dress enfemme all the time. I would love to have a complete makeover just to see how it feels to be made up professonally. I wear skirts and blouses most of the time. I don't like wearing pants when in girl mode. I love the feel of a skirt as it moves as you move. I also love the feel of high heels when I walk around. The more feminine the better. I am working on the makeup but still have a way to go to get it just right. My wife bought me some new makeup and earrings today and I love it.

KimberlyS
01-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Count me in as a guy that just likes femme clothes. But I do get out and about in full femme on average about once a month. I would rather leave the wig and makeup at home. But I do have a wife and kids to look out for and take care of. And living in a small town it would be hell if word ever got out.

sfwarbonnet
01-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't know. I bought mine from REI, but it's not showing on their website either. There are two possible explanations -- it's not in stock right now because it's winter, or they're not making it any longer.

Unfortunately, suitable clothing often “disappears”. Case in point are the tank-top slips that I got at jcp.com last year. The slips are better undershirts that tall men’s undershirts as they are the same length with wide straps, but the nylon slips makes it easier to pull up pants. I wanted to get a similar product, but without spandex so it would be lighter and less restrictive. Alas, I haven’t found one, and the ones I got last year have disappeared. I did get a Vanity Fair spin slip but it isn’t a good substitute – it is too wide at the bottom and has narrow straps that are uncomfortable as they slip off my shoulders unless I am wearing a “padded” bra too. Other products that have seemingly disappeared now are a slip with a crotch closure which would be ideal with pants (and was popular with “Rosie the riveter” in WWII) and a bra with a faux collar to wear with a sweater (I saw one at Penney’s a couple decades ago when I was looking for other lingerie, natch, but now that I want one I can’t find it).

TerriCT
01-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Interesting thread for me...over the past couple of years, actually since I've been a member here, I have progressed from a long time panty wearer, to stockings...to camis...to skirts and tops at home...to forms and a wig...to mani/pedis and waxed eyebrows in drab, and finally a makeover which was a fantastic experience...now I'm back where I started...I just don't have the time to dress and present correctly, not to mention other concerns...so my new goal is to underdress...do my fem things like manis/pedis and shaving...and incorporate some fem jeans, slacks and tops, that I can wear out, into my new lifestyle.

lauraabdl
01-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I know I could not readily pass as a woman in public, but in private with no one around I can. At least in my mind! :)

I do wear a wig, since it helps me feel more en femme when I do, brushing long locks or putting it behind my ears, etc. I know that makes some sense to some of my sisters out there. I have not (yet) graduated to makeup, however, painting my toenails excites me and I need to explore that potential.

I sometimes try to figure how close I can get without crossing the line in public, it's not uncommon for me to go out in stockings, a slip and panties just like I did today, but covered in drab.

But for me, the biggest thrill is the exciting clothes and my imagination! For if I imagine myself to be an attractive woman, so I must be... :D

I'm still trying to conquer heels but today I tried a few new lessons learned and it was far better. I am *so* excited!

~Samantha (in corset, stockings and panties and loving it!)

Samatha I'm with you, although I have mastered Heels in so much as three inch down to flats, not so much for anything higher. We girls are what we are and while we accept ourselves we yearn to be acceped when ever and where ever our girlish hearts desire.:2c:
Laura

Carly D.
01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm limited with what I care to wear most of the time.. I rarely wear makeup, and when I do it is very basic such as lipstick or nail polish.. I could just as easily wear pantyhose and heels with a skirt as to a dress.. but a dress is nice as well when the mood strikes me...

skirt_guy
01-23-2009, 08:31 PM
wearing a denim skidt and black hose now. wanna figure out where i can go out to cuz i just wanna get out like this!! SHOES!! that's what is holding me back. what shoes go with simple denim and hose?

foxxigirlxoxo
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
I definitely love to dress fully en femme every once in a while, but most of the time I just like to dress without a wig or makeup. For awhile I was getting extremely "Ballsy" excuse the expression, and going out dressed waist up as a man, and waist down as a woman. I got looks from almost everyone, but most people are too afraid to make harsh comments because the US is such a sue-happy country.... It's usually just jeans and maybe wedges or flats(most people don't even notice this), but I've ran multiple errands in mini-skirts and stiletto knee high boots, which people definitely notice. Once or twice I went completely dressed as a woman including breast forms but no wig or makeup, people had no idea how to react to that... it's a bit scary at first, but so exciting. So my point in this ramble is I just love clothes made for woman, it's so much better than "mens clothing" and I think it's ridiculous that it is perfectly acceptable for a woman to wear a suit and tie, or her boyfriend's clothing, but I can wear my girlfriend's Jimmy Choos...

AliceJaneInNewcastle
01-30-2009, 04:41 AM
I will never understand why women wearing mens clothes is acceptable but iin this society, men wearing women's clothe is concidered odd. I don't get it.
One theory I've come across is that females are less powerful than males in our society, so females are gaining social stature by being more masculine, while males are losing social stature by being more feminine. Most people in our society have trouble understanding why someone would choose to lower their social position, and see anyone who does so as inferior and/or mentally defective.

It might be completely rubbish but I can see the logic behind it.

Alice

immike
01-30-2009, 09:13 AM
:iagree:

Great point Rose! I say that *all* the time! Let me wear what makes me feel good!!

Hugs,
~Samantha
I love to dress in womens clothes.My favorite is a grey skirtsuit,white silky blouse,
off-black pantyhose&black heels

paulaluvssz8
01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
I too hardly ever dress fully since my reveal to my wife several years ago and with her neagitive response I purged all my wigs and pretty things.(dumb) so now I find any type of female clothing to be fun and exciting. I have facial hair so what is the use trying to go all out. So as for me I'm a guy who loves the feel of women's clothes....