PDA

View Full Version : Sharing

Staci
01-01-2009, 08:10 PM
I had a very neat experience last night. My daughter and friend were getting ready to go out on New Year's Eve night and my wife was helping them get ready. My daughter had just bought this gorgeous purple dress for the occasion and once she had it on my wife was looking for a small purse for her to carry with her. My wife gave her a little black purse. I saw that and asked if she thought our daughter would like to use MY little purple purse as it almost perfectly matched her dress and had a couple little diamondy looking buckles on it that matched a decoration on her dress. I went and got it and my daughter loved it. She then surprised us a little and said "mom what are you doing with a purple purse?". She just passed it off as something she had in the back of the closet. But it was really cool seeing my purse going out with my daughter on New Year's Eve. :daydreaming:We also had a neat talk about dresses as I had just bought one similar in color to the one she picked out but that's for another post. My wife asked me how it felt to be able to share one of my girly items with her. I told her it was a lot of fun. :heehee:So how many of you have shared some of your girly items with someone else in your family??

Joan Merrie
01-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Me and my daughter share all the time. same size pants and dresses.:hugs:

ColleenW
01-01-2009, 08:17 PM
My wife and I share panties and bras.

BethCD
01-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi, At a wedding last April, my wife needed a necklace to go with her dress. As I had to be in an ugly old man suit, it was a huge pleasure to see her wearing my silver necklace all night long.
Also this Christmas for mass she needed something and borrowed a necklace of mine without even asking!! Harumph!
( Blazing Saddles fans will understand! )
Again it was great to she her wearing some of my jewelery.

Beth:)

Angie G
01-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Just a short time ago My wife needed one of my Cami's we share back and forth.:hugs:
Angie

serinalynn
01-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Every now and then my wife will go digging through my lingerie and look for a bra I have that will fit her or a new pair of pantihose. The hose has to be unworn by me because if I wear it first the pantihose will be too stretched out for her.:hugs:

Hi, At a wedding last April, my wife needed a necklace to go with her dress. As I had to be in an ugly old man suit, it was a huge pleasure to see her wearing my silver necklace all night long.
Also this Christmas for mass she needed something and borrowed a necklace of mine without even asking!! Harumph!
( Blazing Saddles fans will understand! )
Again it was great to she her wearing some of my jewelery.

Beth:)

HArumph, Harumph, Harumph,:eek::doh:

Petra Bellejambes
01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Sweet sweet story. Never had the opportunity, but it must have just made you proud of both of you. Of your young girl for growing up, and for you to be able to provide her a little womanly help. Maybe some happy day you will be able to share it openly with her.

Happy New Year, and thanks for the story!

2b.Lauren
01-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Prior to Christmas we were going to a party and my daughter did not have knee hi's to wear with a new pair of shoes. I let her wear a pair of my trouser socks. She asked why I had a pair of socks tha were so sheer, and I told her they are more comfortable and I enjoy that style of sock. No other questions came of it. It was neat to see her with my pair of trouser socks that absolutely matched her shoes.

linnea
01-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Though we're not the same size, I would love to share with my daughter.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
That is about the coolest thread that I have ever read - you have a remarkable and understanding family !

JoAnne Wheeler

Kerrylee61
01-02-2009, 11:48 AM
My wife and I share all sorts of clothes when they fit. It would be great if we were the same size because it would sure cut down on the clothing budget :battingeyelashes:

The only thing we don't share is shoes because my shoe size makes her look like she's a little girl dressed up in here mommy's shoes. Too bad because we both love shoes and it would again cut down on the clothing budget.

Sigh...

Kerry

Holly
01-02-2009, 12:09 PM
All the time... in fact my wife is wearing a pair of my earrings right now.

Rebecca1138
01-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Me and my gf share shoes as we both wear the same size, but i wear smaller size clothes than her which makes her envyous of me lol. We also share makeup and jewelry.

harumph!

Jeannie
01-02-2009, 02:12 PM
My wife and I can share clothes and she says I have given ideas that she would never have thought of. When she said that I was giddy with excitement that I was good at putting outfits together. We do lots of shopping together now and share clothes, makeup and things, I am in heaven. Wow!

God only know what Sharing is because I certainly don't.

Jeannie

SallyJ
01-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Nice event to start off the new year!

My wife and I often share winter coats and jackets. Lately she has been eyeing some new shoes Santa gave me. She also regularly hits my stock of new pantihose and trouser socks.

Raychel
01-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Sounds like alot of fun Staci. :thumbsup:

My wife is exactly 1/2 my size, so we don't share much, and everyone else in the hosue is male, So I won't be sharing with them either.

Tania D
01-03-2009, 11:58 AM
My wife regularly borrows a black petticoat of mine to wear under one of her dresses as we sometimes work together it gives me a lot of pleasure when we re lunching with others and she is wearing it.

Staci
01-03-2009, 10:45 PM
It's really cool to see how much we share with others in our families. I hope to do more of it. Happy New Year.