PDA

View Full Version : Support Groups for Younger CDs

Erin Campbell
01-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Happy New Year Ladies!

I've been dressing for quite a while, but I have been getting more serious about it in recent years. I have gone out a couple of times, but I still do not feel at all comfortable out and about just yet. I've been trying to find a decent CD support group to help me with all aspects of my dressing, but I am having trouble finding one. As mentioned in another thread, Tri-Ess is only relevant in certain areas and Columbus, OH isn't one of those areas :)

Do you know of any national groups that would be worth belonging to? I'd like to find a group to belong to that is accepting of a very shy, younger (30ish) CD, find some new friends, and embrace my dressing as much as I can in a safe environment. I've found this forum to be helpful, but I was hoping I could find something that is more face to face. Thanks!

Sarah.
01-02-2009, 03:48 AM
I've been able to meet other CDs from local groups (not Tri Ess), but they are typically much older than me (I'm in my late 20's). You can try going to clubs to meet other CDs, but I've found it hard to relate to them even though I like going to clubs every once in a while. It seems like most of the girls that I meet at the clubs are always at the clubs and we live in different worlds... :straightface:

RylieCD
01-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Erin, I am north of you (NW Ohio) and there are a couple of groups in the area, not age specific but all the members seem to be pretty helpful. But like you I have also wondered about the age differences.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't know of any specific groups, but this website has a section for younger dressers -

I THINK THAT IT A GREAT THING TO HEAR FROM YOUNGER CDers - enjoy yourselves and remember that when we were your age, we did not have access to all the information that you have

Have a good time

JoAnne Wheeler

Erin Campbell
01-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the support! I did look at the Young Crossdresser section on this forum, but I am a few years older than the suggested age for that thread.

Would there be any interest in forming a group for CDs in that "tween" age of 25-50? I'd be willing to help get things started, if there was some interest. I think the support of others is key to accepting myself as a crossdresser and would like an outlet to meet new friends and explore issues together.

CharleneT
01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I LOVE the idea of CD'rs between 25 and 50 thought of as "tweens" ... probably because I am a 51 Cd who thinks he is a 20 year old girl....

Jennifar
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Well, I cant find much in East Tn. But i really don't know were to look either, I been cding since i was born. (Long Story) If you want to know e-mail me. But I really cant group up and have fun hang out or so on cause i dont know any body in my area. I am 21yr and I final came out to my wife last year, and Its still on thin ice, So i cant do anything but hang out at home. If any body has any idea of anybody in my area, Or some activities cause I work 5 to 6 day a week 10-15hr a day so I don't really do much anyway. But if any body can help or has any ideas just e-mail or IM me. :sad:

Maddie22
01-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm from East TN as well, and in my late 20's...would like to find a group for 25 to 40 or so I think would be good. I do go up to chicago a bit so even meeting some one a little distance would be ok as well
Jennifar I am in your Area, you should PM me and we can talk

Jennifar
01-02-2009, 06:42 PM
cool, For some reason I still cant view anybodys profile, So just e-mail me at Jennifar82887@live.com till something changes you can even IM that accout. If you have a Live account add it.

Cari
01-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Jennifer once you get 10 posts you will see the other profiles.

When I was 21 I was in complete denial and didnt really get serious about dealing with until my mid 30's. I think its great you folks are starting earlier I wish I did. Most of your peers are most likely still in denial or very closseted. So you are most likely the future leaders.

There are events out there that will have some younger people in attendance. I e-mailed the gals near me off forum witha few details. Im 43 and would like a tweener group.

Cari

Kimmie
01-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Like gen xy'ers. That sounds good.

Erin Campbell
01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks again for all of the information and the support! It sounds like it is tough for all of us "younger" girls to find a group that explores issues we encounter. I might think about putting some stuff together that can pull us together a little bit more. Even though a lot of us younger girls don't want to meet face to face, we should still have some sort of forum to build friendships and relationships so the moment you are ready to go face to face, it isn't so scary.

Jennifar
01-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Well meeting face to face might be uncomfortable at first but even for the teens that are still in the closet and dont tel anybody, maybe if enough of us got together it could be easier to accept that everything will ok and there are people out there like you that do the same things you do, and it will become easier for everybody.

Crystal Alberta
01-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Erin,

As a shy, 30-ish CD myself, I know what you mean. It can be tough to find others who are close to our age. I do like your idea about a specific age-targeted forum, though.

Crystal

Morgan Matthews
01-04-2009, 05:45 AM
I am in the same situation. Just turned 30 and learning that this will always be a part of me. I would love to talk to others around this age.

jillleanne
01-04-2009, 07:25 AM
The idea of forming a group in your area is probably best Erin. The hardest part will be defining who can be members. As a helpful suggestion, rather than use the word 'crossdresser', as a platform for the group, try to stick with 'transgendered" which will make life much simplier in the long run, define anyone that fall into the category of gender enhanced, and prevent mis-labelling among yourselves. Darn, just to 50 huh, just missed. lol
Hugs, and good luck. Jill

Jennifar
01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
I would probably be better to to use some other word to describe the events and or club. So it will draw younger members out to it. The biggest thing about the Younger gen, is that we don't want our friends and family to know that we CD. Thats why we are always so careful in what we o and who we tell and some time we might not come out till were 40yr, or more and some time we might never come out. So Erin if you want to organize a group for the younger people. I recommend it be discrete and preaty much undercover. Cause if you publicly announce it only the brave one that just don't care what people thing about them will show up and it kinda defeats the purpose for organizing the younger generation. And another idea is that they can show up and change there and change back before they leave and that would let mentors assist and share secrets and tip on anything for makeup to getting dressed taking care of your skin pain your nail, Help with feminizing your self and so fourth. Then when it all over they just change back to there street cloths and go home and nobody will no the difference and there secret if safe. I think that would build there self-esteem up and give them that support that they need to fell comfortable around other people and maybe in the long run it will help in wide spreed acceptance and it want be a problem. But I know i would not show up to an event with a big sign that say Trans gender or cross dressing event. no matter how much i support it. Just for the reason that i am a Union Construction worker and to have a Brother drive by and see my Truck sitting in the parking lot would be bad for me. They would never let me live it down and the would hurt my brotherhood. And that goes for pretty much anybody. My age or younger. Another example like a 16yr still in the closet and he don't want his girlfriend to know that he wears her cloths and she drives by and sees his car at a publicly announced event, tat could kill his relationship. Being 21yr my self that how i fell and im sure that gose for a lot of people my age as well. Desecration is a key factor even just hold a small event at a private residence instead of a hotel ball room. Have a series of Organizers with what i call a safe house, and that would allow member expansion across the country. to make it simply NETWORK. Break it up in to division of safe houses all over and organize event through e-mail or Texts. And even build a discreet web page fr member only access to help with the organizing. yes it will be difficult to set up at first but after the bugs are worked out it will turn in to something amazing. If you want to run over some idea if you like this Erin just PM me or e-mail me. Keep in touch.

Jessicaparkson
01-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm a bit younger than you (19) but I know what you mean about finding support groups or people your age. It's nearly impossible where I am.

Jennifar
01-04-2009, 02:11 PM
I know I have the same problem were I live. the nearest activities are like 3hrs east of me in Nashville and I dont have the time nor the money. And it based around the older generation so i would really fell out of place. But other then that there is nothing around my immediate area. Or if there is I just don't know about it.

Erin Campbell
01-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Those are good points Jennifar and I did use my terminology a little loosely. I'm still coming to grips with myself too, so I need to watch what I say as not to 'offend' the ladies far better at this than I am.

There definitely is a large group of transgenders that are my age and don't want too many others to know. I'd put myself in that category too, but I'm starting to get to the point where I am getting more comfortable. Unfortunately, like most ladies on this board, I am going through that process on my own. I guess what I'm looking for is some outlet for those wanting to explore themselves in a safe environment and provide some help for each step in the transgendered journey.

Melora
01-05-2009, 06:36 AM
WOW Erin!!
I thought that your post would have gotten a better Response, as I am interested too!
I guess that we will just have to start our own groups or surf the WEB!!, Or just do some more searching... There are MANY Like the Vanity club.. They are AWSOME!!! And #1
Katie/Melora

Sally24
01-05-2009, 06:46 AM
The best thing might be to form a group yourself. If you want I can direct you to someone with info on setting up a Yahoo group. It would even be easier if you wanted to create a new "Sisters" group in Ohio. We already have a network of Sisters of....chapters across 4 states. You could start it as an on-line group and eventually set-up a place to meet on a regular basis. Yahoo groups have a message post section that works like a forum somewhat.

Take a look at the Sisters of Boston group site to get an idea of how it would look. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_boston/

Erin Campbell
01-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the link to the Sisters group, Sally. That is actually very helpful for me. I like the idea of starting a new group locally that is part of a "bigger" group. I'm not sure what kind of response I'll get around here, but I think I've got a couple of ideas on how to get started. Now I just to need to find some girls willing to join me. Does one person qualify as a group? :D

Jennifar
01-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Well on person can change the world.