PDA

View Full Version : Are CD and OCD related?

Persephone
01-02-2009, 01:30 AM
In a previous thread Crossdrezzer1 asked, "Have you ever gone out and thought to yourself,, did I put my stuff away in my secret hiding spot or did I forget and leave whatever lying on the bed,,, This has happened to me many times and so far when returning home I look to see and I havent left anything laying around but sure makes a long day thinking about it.."

Jonianne replied, "Did I lock the door? Did I leave the stove on? Did I close the refergerator? Happens to me all the time. Sometimes it's called OCD."

Barbaraheels said, "God, when haven't I thought about that! I guess its just paranoia. But then again I think I'm obsesive compulsive anyway."

And Linnea wrote, "Oh, yes, many times! However, I also have worried about leaving the water running, forgetting to turn the oven off, etc."

There are studies and reports that suggest a connection between CD'ing and OCD ("Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder"). Are many of us both?

MissConstrued
01-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Not me. I'm a scatterbrained slob.

Fab Karen
01-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Most crossdressers are human.

Nadia-Maria
01-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Of course you will find that some CDs do exhibit OCD, and others have not OCD.

To assess there exists whatever link between CD and OCD (or to assess the opposite) it would need an adequate - and lenghty - study.

I think it would be more promising to seek for any link between personality and CDing, using for instance the Big 5 factors. Introversion/Extraversion is one of those 5 factors, and it appears already that CDers are as an average more introverted than non-CDers (I already did a poll about that).

What doesn't imply that you cannot find extremely extraverted CDers. And there are quite a few very extraverted CDers, including on this forum.

Kate Simmons
01-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Doubt it. It would depend on the individual person I believe.:)

Lanore
01-02-2009, 06:50 AM
With so many labels for human activity, I wander what's normal anymore. When someone does something different, the medical world sticks a label on it.

Karren H
01-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Though my wife says I obsess over things... I'm too lazy to be compulsive.. And I'm sloppy also.. We have a couple relatives with OCD... And I'm not one of them! Lol

Sedona
01-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Interesting! If you see a good link to a study like this, post it plz.

In this case, no OCD at all. Very little I've ever obsessed over.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-02-2009, 08:35 AM
My spouse thinks so ! I do not know if I have OCD or not, but she is convinced that it plays a part.
JoAnne Wheeler

crossdrezzer1
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
funny you should say that because my wife says to me all the time I have ocd for little things I do,,, also that I am compulsive in things,, she is my tutor in life and has helped me in many aspects of training me to be a better person,,,god I love her... she is understanding in this aspect of my life and allows a little to be around her,, once in a while she starts it up with the cd thing and plays with me in ways I wont get into,,but most of the time she asks me to keep it to myself..

linnea
01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm not OCD. With my CDing I've had to learn to be careful. My comparison to leaving the water running, etc. was meant to suggest that it's not unusual to wonder about such things. However, when I leave my house in the morning to go to work, I seldom think about whether or not I left the oven on.

sometimes_miss
01-02-2009, 11:21 AM
While the behaviors may seem to be related, they probably aren't. You can treat OCD; the same treatments have never worked when trying to treat crossdressing. As far as being both, I would suppose it is, of course, possible.

docrobbysherry
01-02-2009, 11:58 AM
That is, until I started dressing! I DO find I'm out of control sometimes now. And not able to put aside dressing for more necessary, but ordinary things, like chores!:sad: