PDA

View Full Version : I told my Ma tonight

paulaN
01-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I will try not to make this too long. Belive me it could go on for a very long time if I am not careful. But in a nut shell I told my Ma that I am a crossdresser tonight. I talked and talked and answered all of her questions as best I could. After all I don't understand why I am a crossdresser. She did not cry but she did kinda tear up a little a couple of times. I had to keep reasuring her that it is ok and I am all right with all of this. One of the reasons that I felt the need to tell her was because of my recent divorce. We have talked so much about that. I felt as if I was being deceitful by not telling her the true reason for the divorce. Now she has a much better understanding of the hole thing. So my list of people that know is getting longer. Does that mean I am comming out? Only my closest family members know and not all of them. My Ma is the last to know. I hope it starts the new year off right. And thanks every one for being here. LOL paulaN

Breanna Jaqueline
01-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I think it's great you told her. It's probably a huge weight off your shoulders. I really hope she is fully supportive and this builds a strong bond between ya'll. :hugs:

Karren H
01-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Yea Paula!!!

Kelsy
01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Paula, I think it takes an huge amount of courage to come out to family members. I wish I had more. Good for you sweety!!:)

Kelsy

Shelly Preston
01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi Paula

I can see why you felt you had to tell her depite how difficult it must have been
It is better you telling her than her finding out due to circumstances you cant control

I am sure you have more questions to answer in the future but your honestly will have helped :hugs:

Tomara
01-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Paula

You must feel great to have opened up to your Mom , I am sure she will probably have more questions or concerns , but as long as you are honest with her she will still love you for who you are.

Tomara

Holly
01-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Congratulations, Paula. That is a huge step. Keep up the good work :hugs:.

simonestrt
01-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi Paula
You have taken a big step well done i wish i could do the same my mum is in her 80s i dont think mine would understand.

Emily Anderson
01-03-2009, 06:39 PM
The wonderful thing about Mom's is that they will always love you!

It's great that you built up the courage to tell her, and will certainly help in the long term.

As for whether that means you're coming out..... Well, partially. You've told a "safe" person, and it was a big step. But, in order to come out completely, you also need to be fully accepting of yourself, and be able to present yourself confidently in any situation in which you would like to be.

CD Susan
01-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Congratulations Paula. Telling your Mom was a very brave thing to do and i'm sure you feel like a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders.

SweetCaroline
01-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey there, good going. Coming out to anyone is hard, and parents may seem like the worst, but that's usually not the case in the long run. I know for me, I didn't consider myself truely "out" until I approached my mom and dad (both of them kinda knew, but we never talked about it). Just give her a little time. She might be very emotional later on, once reality sets in, but believe me, in time, telling the truth is always for the better.

Peace and luck friend. :hugs:

beenherelongtime
01-03-2009, 10:20 PM
i think you did the right thing telling her. if some of the others that knew would slip up and tell her, she would be hurt much more.

paulaN
01-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Hello everyone. Thank you all so much for your encouraging words. It was a good thing that I told her. By the way she is 78 (I think) She is like a rock I'm telling ya. My biggest fear is that if I told her that would be one more rock in the boat and it would sink. But thank god it did not. I just called her and she said that she did not sleep to good Friday night but she slept good last night. So she is going to be fine with the whole thing I am sure. Thanks sisters for your support.

crossdrezzer1
02-04-2009, 05:12 AM
did your mom ever say,, I thought you might be because of this one episode years ago or anything like that?

RachelDenise
02-04-2009, 05:20 AM
Paula, it sounds like you are close to your Mom so I think telling her the real reason for the divorce may have helped both of you. You are a wonderful person and keep making your life what you want it to be!

Angie G
02-04-2009, 10:09 AM
If it's helping you to be more open then that;s a good thing Paula as your not alone and hiding all the time good for you your coming out girl. And it OK to be a little in the closet if the helps you.:hugs:
Angie

Patty
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Congrads Paula