PDA

View Full Version : What if ...

Byllie
01-03-2009, 12:22 AM
Maybe it's because I absolutely love reading Science Fiction, especially alternate histories, but I was wondering what if ... folks could wear whatever they chose to wear, regardless of gender? What sort of world would this be like?

I know, I've written about stuff like this before, but I'd like to explore in this thread what would need to occur for us to reach a place, a world where we could be whatever we wanted to be, without shame. Call it an extension of New Year's resolutions.

So, I ask each of you ... What do you see needed to change in order for us to express ourselves however we wish, whenever we wish? And please do take this seriously.

Thanks!
Byllie :daydreaming:

Karren H
01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
If anyone could wear anything.... It would make crossdressing next to impossible!!! lol At least for me!!

Samantha43
01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
That would take the fun out of crossdressing!

vikki2020
01-03-2009, 12:56 AM
I don't know where you live, but you can see some pretty wild sights around here,every day!You are free to dress however you want right now.Acceptance can be an issue, but shame is strictly self imposed.There is NO shame dressing how you want!So, get out there, guilt free!!:thumbsup:

JoAnne Wheeler
01-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I agree with Samantha - CDing would be as much fun - I guess we wouldn't be CDs then - not good because I love being a CD
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

Byllie
01-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Karen, Samantha, JoAnne:

Your responses are what I was trying to avoid. I really wanted to have a meaningful discussion about what changes society (Western) needs to make in order for us to present ourselves however we wish without any shame or retribution. By your saying it would take the fun out of it, I almost sense it's more of a game than a lifestyle with each of you. For me, wanting to wear feminine clothing is a reflection of me, my personality, and not simply a hobby.

So please, let's continue this discussion, but on a serious level ... and thanks in advance!

Toodles!
Byllie

Teri Jean
01-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Byllie,
I tried a more lengthy response which failed so I will try a condensed version. I agree with you and would like to see acceptance just as we have for cultural and physical differences. Life is to short and we need to educate people as to acceptance and tolerance for those who do not fall into everyones perameters of what we should be. If Karen and I want to go to a hockey game dressed as women so be it. If i want to go to the mall and buy a new skirt or blouse dressed, why should I feel like a pervert or deviant
and be persecuted buy those who do not understand. Karen is a dear who has a wonderful sense of humor and we both have a love of dressing as we like. I have found a large family of girls like myself and I would like all of us to be accepted for who we are.
Huggs to you all and thank you Byllie for the post. Keli

Byllie
01-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Keli,

Thank YOU for your post. I too enjoy Karen's posts, but would really appreciate her adding true wisdom as opposed to a quick response.

Acceptance, as you say, is the key. The question is what can *we* do to gain that acceptance? And somehow I do not think it's as simple as more of us going out in public dressed. Then again, maybe it is that simple, at least in the beginning.

But there will of course be a backlash; there always is. So maybe it's not just dressing in public. Maybe it also demands speaking in public, talking openly about what it means to be a CD, no matter the reason for being so. Maybe it means simply being who you are, all the time.

Then again, maybe these are just pipe dreams, given the range of reasons folks CD for. Some want to simply express a feminine side. Some wish to be females. Some love the thrill of doing something that's forbidden. Maybe this is the reason we're having such a hard time gaining acceptance. That is, because we often find it hard to accept each other. United we stand, divided we fall? How true.

So, somehow, we need to arrive at a way of defining what it means to crossdress, for whatever reason, and then find a way to accept each other. One can only hope.