PDA

View Full Version : Being a big girl in a small world, need advice

SissyMin
01-03-2009, 04:06 AM
It seems that most CD's that show off are skinny but do I rarely hear about bigger cd's going out.

I am 5`11" 230lb with some upper body strength but sport 42 waist and big legs.

Also I want to wear short skirts and short tops, so I guess it goes against all no-no's for big women in fashion.

I know that it shouldn't matter to be some what passable but I guess it is to me, is there any hope for big girls?

I mean looking passable you get double takes but looking big I would think be a double burden.

I've seen bigger girls but I mean I find the skinny ones much more feminine or attractive.

Do GG's find bigger men attractive at all cross-dressing or would they just prefer them to stay male mode? What about other CD's & T's do they find bigger CD's at all attractive?

Things I already learned: cardio EVERYDAY [at least a hour] can go a long way, eat smalls meals through out the day counting calories and making sure it's a balanced diet plan, fast food does not exist, water is your friend [soda the enemy], some people do have slow metabolism, being skinny doesn't mean you are healthy [vanity sucks], and there is no race to become healthy it takes time.

Any other advice or reassurance is welcome.

prene
01-03-2009, 04:20 AM
I was 210 and 5' 11 1/2" a year ago.
I dieted and worked out all the time . . . I got on a schedule.
It can work . . . you just have to decide what you want.
Do you want to just CDs or CD and try to wear makeup, corset, bforms?
Both ways can work.
You just need to decide what you want.
Good luck and hope to hear from you again later.

StephanieT
01-03-2009, 06:37 AM
I am 6'1" and weigh 195. 44" chest and a size 11-12 bottom. I get out and don't have a problem. Finding cute clothes for my plus sized top can be a problem sometimes.

LisaElizabeth
01-03-2009, 07:51 AM
'Plus Size' is no longer the stigma it once was..... With the average american becoming more and more 'McDonaldized...' (Is that a word?)
There are women in ALL shapes and sizes out there.
4 years ago I wore a 24W and I did ok going out. Now I decided for other reasons to lose some weight and try to trim down. (I'm in healthcare and need to practice what I preach...) Now? I wear an 18 or 20, without the 'W'. I still need to look for tops in the plus section because I still wear a 42C bra. That part will probably always be that way, but I know I can get my butt and waist down to a 12 or 14. then a little padding and 'female shape' here I come!
Catherines, Dress barn, Fashion Bug, Avenue, Maurice's, all cater to the larger woman, so there are a lot of places to shop. Even Walmart and sears and JC Penney seem to have an expanding plus size section.
Mini's and crop tops though are sort of out when your shape is more basketball than hourglass.... Just think about what you think looks good and then you work to match that ideal as close as possible!!
huggs,
Lisa Elizabeth

Angie G
01-03-2009, 08:53 AM
It will come down to how much attention you wish to draw. Legs get to a point that just don't look good in a short skirt. If you want the attention dress like that if not dress with longer skirts or dresses hun. Take some pics both ways look at them and decide how you want to look.:hugs:
Angie

Karren H
01-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I'm 5' 9" and was 220, five years ago... Lost 50 pounds in 9 months and now I can wear anything and shop at all the local shops.. Plus I'm healthier and feel better... So I'd recommend fitting into an exersize routine and a healthier diet rather than a larger dress size!! You can do it if I can!!

JoAnne Wheeler
01-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Like you all, I am 5'11" and 198 lbs - down from 248. I really don't expect to be able to transform my large bony frame into a size 6 or 8, but I don't mind.

Its not whats on the outside so much as what is on the inside - I enjoy the challenge in trying to make myself look as feminine as possible. And by the way, I believe that real GGs come in all shapes, heights and bodies.

So just enjoy who you are - I realize that we have several CDs on thisualwebsite that look better than most fashion models, but how many GGs actually look like fashion models - not very many.

Enjoying who I am - no matter what the size

JoAnne Wheeler

docrobbysherry
01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
It's unfortunate that many males r visually oriented when it comes to females! ( I'm one, too!):sad:

We've learned to accept our male looks. Why can't we accept our female looks the same way?:battingeyelashes:

Obviously, many of us can.:) But, it's equally obvious that some of us can't!:eek:
Beyond my own fem looks, I've probably rejected some deliteful GGs in my time, just because of their looks! And I STILL do that! :doh:

Unfortunate, but we r, who we r!:brolleyes:

PretzelGirl
01-03-2009, 10:28 AM
As has been said before, passing is a widely used and ambiguous term. If what you are looking for is to go out and not be stared at by everyone, then dress appropriately for your age and body makeup. Is a short skirt the right thing to wear out? I have some, but at my age, they are for in the house only.

Paige Philips
01-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Sissy: I don't have any worthwhile advice, but I would urge you to remember how many tall, strongly built women are also terrific-looking! I love to watch women's sports, especially volley-ball, just to see the tall, athletic girls. I'm 5' 8" myself, and I am constantly looking at girls & women who are bigger than me-and great looking. If they can do it, you can too. Best wishes, paige.

JoanAz
01-03-2009, 10:41 AM
I am 6ft and 240# look at my Avatar..

Holly
01-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Take a look around you the next time you are out. You'll see ladies of all shapes and sizes. As Katie said, why do you dress? If it is to please others, YOU will never be successful. If it is to be yourself, then simply present yourself in the way you wish to be seen. I'm a big girl myself... I'll never know the joy of shopping for myself in the petite section:eek:. But I do know the satisfaction of being out and about as a confident human being, enjoying her life. If this isn't an experience that brings joy to you, why are you doing it?

DonnaT
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
A response I made on a somewhat similar thread is at http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1533885#post1533885

I go out, and have worn short skirts. Even at 53 yrs of age.

If you feel comfortable in what you want to wear then wear it. Comfortable not only in how the clothes feel, but in your surroundings as well.

Torrid (http://www.torrid.com/torrid/index.jsp) and Ashley Stewart (http://www.ashleystewart.com/ashleystewart/) have some of the flashier clothes that I've seen for plus size women. Styles usually reserved for the less than plus size.

However, their styles online seem to quite lacking compared to what I've found in their stores.

Tora
01-03-2009, 11:04 AM
All of us are NOT twiggy, heck that is why big gurls have stores too. Lot of us battle the PLUMP, look at poor Opra. Find you style, with help from some of the big girl stores listed. Be the best you can be, not trying to be a skinny. Good luck, it is a journey, enjoy the ride.

MissConstrued
01-03-2009, 11:43 AM
If you don't feel passable, then do your best to look fabulous! Wear trendy clothes and get good with makeup. You'll be an obvious tranny, but people will say "wow!" anyhow.

SissyMin
01-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Thank you for all your support, some good insight.

Gemma Rhodes
01-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I've been dressing on and off from a very early age and I'm 6' and did weigh 270lb. I've always been on the large side but i've posted quite a lot of pictures over the years (not many recently though) and I like to think I can look fairly convincing still. I am currently on a diet and have lost about 20lb recently and the diet is still ongoing as I need to go into hospital for an operation in the next couple of months and want to try to be in as good a shape as I possibly can be for the op.

I do like to wear short skirts but when I go out I do dress more conservatively, the shortest skirt I've ever worn out was knee length.

So, I say go for it. It just depends how much you care about other peoples reactions.

Below is one of my more recent pics.

vivianann
01-03-2009, 11:25 PM
You do not need to be petite to pass, in fact some of the heavier crossdressers I know pass really well. I am 5'10" 200 Lbs. size 18-20 dress and I go out enfemme all the time, my legs are big also, and they are very shapely, I get alot of compliments from gg's telling me I have beautiful legs. I am comfortable with my size. GG's come in all shapes and sizes, and there are some very beautiful plus size gg's out there. So you dont have to be skinny to be a gurl. Holly's post on this thread is right on the money, take it to heart, and be happy with yourself, and accept the fact we come in all shapes and sizes, and enjoy life. If you want to lose some weight for health reasons, I understand because we need to be healthy.

Tiffany8
01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
I think I have you all beat... I'm 6'1" and 290 lbs. :Punch:

Trust me when I say I'm not bragging. :daydreaming: I wish I were about (realistically) 40 lbs lighter, (Ideally) 75+ lbs lighter.

Nicki B
01-04-2009, 12:14 AM
It seems that most CD's that show off are skinny but do I rarely hear about bigger cd's going out.

I'm 6'3", with a 36" waist in boy mode and 200+lbs.. I get out a little bit, look in my album (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=92)?

I am 5`11" 230lb with some upper body strength but sport 42 waist and big legs.

A mate of mine is 6', 240lbs and has been transitioned for 3 yrs, now - she passes all the time.

Stephanie Kay
01-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi,

I'm 6'4" and 240 and 62 years young. My style is to dress appropriately for my age and size. I don't go out to draw attention to myself but to be as feminine as I can within those parameters. I would be embarrassed to wear short skirts and high heels in public and I am sure I would draw attention to myself but not in the way I want. So, high heels and short skirts at home, but flats, gray hair, and tasteful comfy feminine outfits to go out and mix with the masses!! I love every minute or it!!

Love,
Stephanie