PDA

View Full Version : Look into my eyes

Jane 2156
01-03-2009, 05:08 AM
I was ‘Googling’ the other day for CD and TV articles and came across a medical site which included an report about a man who used a hypnotist to ‘help him feel more feminine’. Well the report explained how he had 6 sessions with this hypnotist and thought it was doing nothing so he stopped.
But a year or so after he is now seeking help to stop what is happening to him. Apparently his breasts enlarged, his ‘tackle’ has shrunk and no longer able to get an erection, his body hair has reduced and he claims his body shape is changing.

Unfortunately I can’t find the site again so I can’t include a link.

My first thought was tuff luck mate, you started it, you just got more than you expected. But is this possible?. I do believe the power of the mind can do strange things, but to this extent, I don’t know!!!!! It would be a dream come true, all gain and no pain.

What’s your thoughts on hypnosis being able to change how we feel or even look? Has anyone tried it to enhance their feminine side.?

Ok, you can’t believe every thing you read but maybe just maybe.

diane51
01-03-2009, 05:29 AM
I tried hypnosis to stop smoking it didn't help at all. Then again it may have been the wrong person trying to hypnotise me. I don't believe hypnosis can help alter body parts, although it sounds fun.

Jennifer Cox
01-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Sounds more like an underlying medical issue.

Angie G
01-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't think it can change you body maybe your mind . Like they sat Be careful what you wish for it may come true. Could it be this fellow is just geting older hence the changes.:hugs:
Angie

Jane 2156
01-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I supose it could all be in the mind, that is he believes he's seeing these various changes. Which would serve as a warning about putting your mind in the hands of some hypnotist.

Jess_cd32
01-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I don't believe it either, but if this is true the guy should see an endocronologist.

Kate Simmons
01-03-2009, 08:55 AM
It's all a matter of programming, hypnosis notwithstanding.:)

Karren H
01-03-2009, 09:13 AM
I tried hypnosis to stop smoking it didn't help at all. Then again it may have been the wrong person trying to hypnotise me. I don't believe hypnosis can help alter body parts, although it sounds fun.

My MIL did this and they told her that she was a non-smoker.. She never wanted or smoker again.. 30+ years.. And I guess if you can do that and convince yourself your a woman.. Then who knows what chemical changes your brain can introduce.. The pitutary gland can stop producing testosterone and can produce female hormones.. I should know mine did that for decades..

TxKimberly
01-03-2009, 09:26 AM
There are well documented cases (By scientists, not Joe the plumber) proving that the mind CAN influence the body.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-03-2009, 10:11 AM
I don't beleve in hypnosis - I don't have much faith in counselors, psychologists, etc. Maybe I am too cynical.

I think that you can do it on your own - its more satisfying that way

JoAnne Wheeler

AllieSF
01-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Cool. Sounds like a great topic for a Stephen King novel. It started, now how do I stop it. Or do I really want to stop it?

Rachel B
01-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Belief is (if not THE) it is one of the most powerful tools the world has ever seen......Look at religion!!!!

As for hypnosis, well......in my experience it only ever works if you believe in it. My example being, I took part in a hypnotist show where he had a group of us on stage. I knew I didnt buy it, so did he, and he didnt attempt to use me as a stooge. But he did kinda intimate to me "through the power of his mind" (hehe) to play along which I did.....

A few years later though, when I was studying for my degree, and about to fail miserably, I got a book on self-hypnosis to aid in my learning (I had, and still have, a memory like a seive). I didnt want to fail and gave it a go. You follow a set of exercises which put your mind into a trance-like state and then revise. The info goes into the sub-concious so you just know the answer, without knowing how or why!

Did it work? I passed my degree easily. :)

I guess it is all about belief!

Rach

susiej
02-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Girls,

Take a moment and look at my avatar, over there on the left. That's it, just relax and look at my watch... :)

OK, yes, I'm a believer and a fan of hypnosis. I know, not just believe (because I've experienced it first-hand), that it can do a lot of good things for those who believe. The reason is just as stated in earlier posts. It works if you believe in it.

Think about that statement for a moment. It really works if you believe it can. People do stop smoking, procrastinating, slicing a golf ball, ejaculating prematurely through the use of hypnosis. There isn't anything mysterious or psychic about this, just focusing your mind on a problem, its solution, and the way to achieve it. Recognizing roadblocks you create yourself, and pulling them down.

Don't be afraid to try hypnosis when offered; it's fun, safe and can often help you get to the bottom of a problem faster and easier than other psychological methods. If somebody offers to hypnotize you at a party, say yes, because they can't make you do anything you don't wish to do. Pretend to think for a second, attempting to come up with something totally outrageous, and then tell them to make you think you're a girl! If you try really hard at believing, and go really deep, it can be done.

As to the guy Jane mentioned at the top of this thread -- well, there are documented studies about hypnotically-stimulated breast growth in women (see this (http://www.wendi.com/html/breast_enlargement_hypnosis_re.html), for example). But, it's far more likely that the fellow's gynecomastia and ED were the result of some physiological issue.

Hugs,
Susie

sterling12
02-26-2009, 01:46 AM
There are well documented cases (By scientists, not Joe the plumber) proving that the mind CAN influence the body.

Within limits Kimberly. There does seem to be a link between some types of illness and fatigue or stress. There's a lot of interesting work being done about positive outcomes from positive attitudes in cases of fatal disease, and how that person fights to keep on living.

But, to have MAJOR physical changes occur because of hypnotic suggestion or wishing it so? Puhleeeze!!!!! I imagine I could also wish myself to be a Dirigible and go see a hypnotist to make it happen. The chances that it would occur? About as good as becoming a female!

Somebody is doing a "crank" on some Blog somewhere....don't hold your breath!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Hope
02-26-2009, 02:44 AM
My father was a hypnotist, vaguely professionally, and claimed to have a good success rate with weight loss and smoking cessation and the like. I also saw him do some goofy things at stage shows... Hypnosis DOES work and can have an immense effect on a person's mind.

But body modification is just not realistic. It just is not going to happen - if it did, don't you think every TS girl would be ponying up big bucks already? How about professional athletes?

There is however a brand of sexual fantasy / fetish that involves just this sort of thing (growing breasts, or a huge penis, an unexplained pregnancy, or whatever else) - very often involving hypnosis, but also sometimes involving kryptonite, or a bite from a radioactive spider. I wonder if perhaps you stumbled upon some fan fiction by mistake?

Trust me on this one - if the person was serious they are taking advantage of your wishful thinking to sell you some snake oil. I have hypnotized friends before - if you want to believe that you are a bimbo, or a stripper, or a nun, or whatever for a while (I am sure that impotence would be possible if that is what you are in the market for) - THAT any hypnotist can make happen... but if you want to actually modify your body... you need an MD. with hormones and a scalpel for that.

It would be nice though...

jazmine
02-27-2009, 12:49 AM
The mind is still a vastly unknown subject. Science hasn't even scratched the surface on what it is capable of. It also seems that we either don't know or have forgotten how to use it, to it's full potential. It is said that we only use about 11% of our brains. I would supose anything would be possible, if we could relearn to tap these unknown or lost abilities on a conscious level.
Having in interest in physics & science, and reading a lot on quantum mechanics, string theory and all that other jazz, it wouldn't surprise me if the mind could directly effect physical and biological properties to some small degree. Take a look at cases of stigmata, patients beating deadly cancer with positive thoughts. ect. ect.

Who knows........

linnea
02-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Very interesting--thank you so much!

docrobbysherry
02-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Hypnotist Willy says, "Look into my eyes Rsherry!--- U r feeling sleepy, sleepy, sleepy, ASLEEP!
When u awaken, u will believe u can turn yourself into Charlize Theron, as u wish to do!"

" Ok, you're awake! Come back in one year. By then, u will have turned into Charlize Theron!"

One year later:
Rsherry, " Willy, u cheated me! I haven't turned into Charlize! In fact, I haven't changed at all!"

Willy, " It's all your fault! If u really BELIEVED ENOUGH, u could have changed yourself!"
:devil:

tamarav
02-27-2009, 08:00 AM
In one of my lifetimes as a Human Resources person and marriage counselor, I studied and used hypnosis as a tool. It was a very effective tool for assisting clients in understanding their abilities and overcoming addictions and fears. We did not use it as a stage tool.

All it does is allow a person to focus on their capabilities and maintain some control. Yes, people can be tricked to a certain extent, that may be needed to assist them in overcoming some phobias or concerns, but it is always within the person's ability anyway. You as the control merely suggest how the person should take action.

Take a class, read a few books on the subject. It is not a mystery, but you cannot alter a person's body parts or I would have done that years ago.

I believe that what we call the "pink fog" is actually a form of hypnosis, similar to self induction or self-hypnosis. We can see things in the mirror that no one else can see, and we look better as time goes on, so it must work.....

Jacquilynne
02-27-2009, 11:36 AM
I believe that what we call the "pink fog" is actually a form of hypnosis, similar to self induction or self-hypnosis. We can see things in the mirror that no one else can see, and we look better as time goes on, so it must work.....

Tamarav,

Interesting observation and I agree with this as well, I might really be convincing myself throgh a form of self-hypnosis, that I am a beautiful woman and not just a guy in a dress!

"Mirrror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of all!"

Do we really do this to a certain degree? I I sure think so. In that and if we believe to such an extent that we are feminine and practice this belief through our actions . . . can this belief in ourselves unconsciously enhance our actions and strenthen our confidence to such a degree that we are able to not only convince ourselves but are also able convince others that we are indeed "passible" as a woman.

An interesting hypothisis indeed, is this the Pink Fog or a form of hypnotic shape shifting on our part?

Thanks for the very interesting discussion and I think Tamaravs comment is heading in the right direction of what is possibly really going on in our preceptions of ourselves as women IMO.

Jacie

kym
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
hypnosis is a wonderful thing and can be extremely helpful in a lot of situations, however like most of the responses here i do not believe that it can cause body modification. It can however bring on amazing mental changes over time. I my self suffer from ptsd from the war, but thanks to hypnosis i am dealing with it very well, i have not overcome it by any means(its next to impossible to overcome the horrors of war, especially when your job was not front line but behind enemy lines 75% of the time). If hypnosis can help me with that then it is an amazing tool in changing mental states of any one who believes in it.

beenherelongtime
02-27-2009, 01:50 PM
if this were true we would probably all be subjects.

Carin
02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
The connection between mind and body has been dismissed by western culture (modern medicine), because it is hard to scientifically prove it in a laboratory. Conversion Disorder is one of the few remaining classifications and even that is dismissed in some circles - much as the validity of being Transgendered has been dismissed in some circles.

We must open our minds to the possibilities of the unknown. As transgendered people we ask that of those uninformed individuals that we interact with. Mind over Body is far more capable that we give credit. The release of hormones as a result of stress, fright etc are well documents. We don't know what we don't know.

Sophia de la luz
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Having studied Neuro Linguistic Programming for several years, I know (for my self) that hypnosis is a viable approach to change.
Knowing of the high level of sympathetic response between the nervous system and the endocrine system, combined with a rudimentary understanding of how the endocrine system governs hormonal patterns... I would say the case in point in certainly possible. The fact that these kind of changes do go on for some people, indicates that it is possible to go on. The fact that they are governed by nervous system and glandular biological processes means they are related to mental function.
There is quite a difference between a suggestion that the conscious mind is pushing, or resisting, or trying to believe, or trying not to believe, and one the unconscious mind has received as a truth. If the hypnotist and client were able to suggest successfully to the unconscious mind, I would submit that the situation presented is possible.

And, the fact that hardly anyone utilizes this sort of programming is not an indicator of its usefulness. Nearly everyone, CD'ers included, have exactly the experience they are wanting to have (despite (and including) the conscious resistance).

Rebecca Sue
02-27-2009, 09:01 PM
The mind is infinitely more powerful than most people realize.

Pink Person
02-28-2009, 08:59 AM
I have recently started using some hypnotic feminization recordings I bought on Amazon.com. It took about two weeks before I experienced a really good result with them. I recently had one good trance that really transformed my way of thinking about myself, and I am very pleased with the result. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I am familiar with the claims that were made in the first post of this thread and don't want to discount them. Overstatements are frequently used to achieve more modest hypnotic results. I will tell you that the results I have achieved so far are very satisfying to me.