PDA

View Full Version : Well I didnt mean to say it like that!!

Karren H
01-03-2009, 11:39 AM
The son and I were getting ready to go out in the garage and build something... And the wife and daughter were standing there. And I said "Wait... I have to go change my top"... Damn.. Did I just say that? So I wandered down the hall to the bedroom and changed... And I when I got back to the living room my wife did not look happy!! Ohhh well... The kids are going to find out sooner or later!!

DebsD
01-03-2009, 11:45 AM
know the feeling well, my so wont let me tell the kids but several nar misses and like you said, they going to find out one day! I just reckon the younger they are the easier it gets.

Debs

stephanie.ts
01-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm sure your kids probably didn't even notice. It's not until after/if you decide to tell them that they'll realize all of the "clues." I take it your wife knows, and doesn't want the children to, and that's why she's not pleased?

Maria2222
01-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I think that kids often know more than we think they do.

Kerrylee61
01-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Your post reminds me of the years my daughter was growing up. After she was married about 4 years and 28 years old or so I decided that it was really way past the time I should have told her. After gathering up my courage one Christmas, I sat her down and told her about Kerry.

She immediately started to laugh and after a rather long interval of hilarity on her part, she wiped her eyes and said "Duhhhh, like I haven't known since I was about 10, go get dressed, I want to meet her".

And so that was that - kids can be great.

Hugs
Kerry

Samantha43
01-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I think that kids often know more than we think they do.

Maria, you are exactly right.

Lisa Pomeroy
01-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Karen, yikes! I think it just goes to show that this is not just dressing, it's a mind-set...it's a different way of being in the world, with a different vocabulary...

Kerrylee, thank you for your story. I'm a new girl, and wrestling with whether to tell my children...16 y.o. girl and 13 y.o. boy. I've had one therapast hint that it would be traumatic for them...and I'm not going back to her again! And my kids are such cool, unjudgemental people...in their other household they have occassional contact with their mother's boyfriend's sister who used to be his brother...I think they might just say, OK, whatever. Which is the best response I could hope for, I think.

However, this is all still new...I'm going to take my time...

L

PretzelGirl
01-03-2009, 12:49 PM
The stories around here seem to indicate a lot of them figure it out. Maybe they aren't all wrapped up in their lives so much that they ignore Mom and Dad. Even so, I think deliberately telling them is something that should be done with a lot of forethought. Throwing a hand grenade into a family relationship shouldn't be done at a moment's notice. :2c:

Tess
01-03-2009, 12:55 PM
It is stories like Karen's that make me glad that I'm a bit of an introvert. I tend to not pop off without giving every word some though with occasionally editing. That has kept me out of trouble on many fronts with CD'ing being only one of them. Otherwise I wish I could be more like extroverts.

Robertacd
01-03-2009, 01:23 PM
One thing I have learned raising my son is things like that are not a big deal unless you make them one.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Oops ! I suspect that your wife is hyper-sensitive about your whole CDing. Your kids may not realize the "slip" of the tounge, but on the otherhand the younger generation is much more tolerating - with the exception of us here in the Bible Belt. You are still my idol !
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

Carole Cross
01-03-2009, 02:49 PM
I had anear miss today with my sister. I was helping my dad put a safe in her room when I noticed there was no makeup anywhere. I asked her where her makeup was and she said she didb't wear any apart from somtimes mascara. Then she asked me whether I wear makeup and I almost said yes but I just managed to stop myself. :o

bredalee25
01-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Whats the big deal about refering to your shirt as a top. Isn't that where you usually wear a shirt on the top half of your body. Oh well I guess it depends on who you are and where you are at as to what is considered proper referals to ones clothing.

Honestly Karen I don't know how you put up with that. If I were you i'd tell your wife it doesn't matter how you refer to an article of clothing it's what you meant when you said it that should count.

ttfn

leesametz
01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
now THATs funny...

love everyone of youre stories Karren...

KimberlyS
01-03-2009, 04:37 PM
LOL. The kids knowing may help with your wife's acceptance

Sammy777
01-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Honestly Karen I don't know how you put up with that. If I were you i'd tell your wife it doesn't matter how you refer to an article of clothing it's what you meant when you said it that should count.

Allow me Karren, lol

Obviously you haven't met my wife!!! lol "She who must be obeyed"

Sally2005
01-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Its not saying 'top' that's the problem...its how you said it...and besides what guy doesn't just wear the shirt he has on and just brush the sawdust off after! That's what she was thinking, except if you did it the manly way she would complain about it. :-)

Emma England
01-04-2009, 09:22 AM
I don't get it!

If you are going to be building, then you wouldn't want to keep your best top on.

So what is the problem exactly? :confused:

Nicki B
01-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Don't men wear 'tops' in the US, then? :confused:

Seems like some of us here have a language difficulty - or, you and your partner are jumping to an assumption on what you both know.. :strugglin

Tess
01-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Don't men wear 'tops' in the US, then? :confused:

Men definitely don't wear tops in the US, they wear shirts...unless they are CD'ers.

bredalee25
01-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Ok here's one for you to think about. In the US Navy it doesn't matter if you're male or female the top so to speak is refered to as a blouse. I haven't got any info on the other branches of the military as to what they call the top or shirt of their uniforms.

ttfn

PS I don't obey anyone if I feel like doing as my wife asks i do it if not guess what i don't do it.

simonestrt
01-04-2009, 12:52 PM
i nearly slipt up the other day i was on the phone to my mum as went to end the call i was just about to say "i have got to go as i am still in my nightdress" but managed to say "i still in my night cloths"

docrobbysherry
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I've got a teen daughter. She's dealing with enough issues rite now. Completely wrapped up in herself! She wouldn't notice my CDing unless she walked in on me dressed!:eek:

I have an older girl I could probably tell. But then, it wouldn't be long before everyone in the family knew! My older girl and ex, talk almost every day. My ex doesn't keep MY secrets well!:brolleyes:

I'd prefer to tell her when I think she's ready! Sounds like Karen's wife,:heehee:, feels the same way! Only for her, NEVER, mite be the rite time!:doh:

Nicki B
01-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Men definitely don't wear tops in the US, they wear shirts...unless they are CD'ers.

I'd better go and have a fag, while I think about that.. :heehee:

SherriePall
01-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Karren -- It is usually the little things that get us caught. Like an old Marx Brothers TV movies years ago. They planned the perfect bank robbery only to get caught when their fake LA police car emblem had some letters printed in reverse (If they were supposed to be white, they were black or vice versa).
It is so easy for us to say the wrong thing. That is our mindset now. How we deal with it afterwards depends on our situation at the time.
I know your wife has already forgotten (or she is storing it away for some future reference).

Christina Horton
01-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Kerren We think kids can't know things and like others have said, they prob know allready. If not fully or why. Your wife wants to protect them,and thats great , but in the long run it may come back to bite you in the ass. Not telling them I mean. They may hate you and your wife for NOT telling them. I don't have kids so I may not be able to advise you. I do remember beeing a kid , and the younger members of my famliy are very good at clues that we send out with out knowing. So theres my :2c: HUGGS and good luck. :canada:

Teri Jean
01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Go Navy, a blouse is a blouse and mine have lace now. Keli, LOL ooooops

Billijo49504
01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
My wife used to take the kids with her when she went to LB to pick up clothes for me....BJ

Elizabeth2-
01-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Karen, you must really be in a jam. If your marriage is to go forward and to have any modicum of happiness, controlled dialogue (I. E. counseling) and interpersonal communication have got to happen.

It is time for the charade of "don't ask; don't tell" to end between you.

I feel your pain and hurt with you.

Liz

Billijo49504
01-06-2009, 01:21 AM
I agree it's time to end the playing, but if she is ready to dump you for CD'ing, then what ever you have to do to get by, might just have to do...BJ

DawnRodgers
01-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Could've been worse - you couls have said "I have to go change my blouse" "(and possibly bra)". Always look at the bright side (I know you do).
Dawn

marny
01-06-2009, 03:11 AM
AHHH !!! Cristmas time. I spent so much worry over my oldest daughter who walked in on me in the bathroom. full slip and boobs, No Question what's going on! Duh on my end but .... I am glad to get it out... and now she can help her mother deal with it. She lives in Manhattenn. I m not dealing with Dorthy and Toto!

Melora
01-06-2009, 05:49 AM
That is a very Cute story I think!! Hehe ;)
And Yes..
They will have to find out IF they havent already Karren...

Janie Gunn
01-06-2009, 07:14 AM
And your wife had a problem with that?! It sounds like she is over sensitive to the whole thing.
Roberta: ...things like that are not a big deal unless you make them one. I reckon that sounds about right.
Karren, if your wife thinks its all about 'obeying her' I think she's got alot to learn about a marriage,that it shouldnt be a one way street. :worship: :c9: :eek:

Jess_cd32
01-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I think the long term memory of that situation won't be about what you said, it will be the quality time you spent with your son.

susie evans
01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
KARREN

don't worry the kids will have an easer time with it than you wife my kids have all stumbeled across susie at one time are another the only one that even coments is my 27 year old , her comment to my wife was she looks better than a lot of other 60 year old women , just enjoy haveing another friend , and there is allways NO restrictions on shopping

:hugs:....susie

Franki Kate
01-07-2009, 11:25 AM
What a terrific response, Susie. Thank your doughter, for me.