PDA

View Full Version : At Last - Pierced Ears

Clare
06-11-2005, 04:11 AM
I've been wanting pierced ears for 20 years, but work standards and social pressures in the '80s (only Gays wore earrings then) prevented me from actually doing it.

Anyway, due to my relationship breakup, i have quit my job and will be leaving Townsville (Australia) next Wednesday, so i figure now is the best time to have both ears pierced.

Nobody in Canberra (Aussie Capital) will know whether my piercings are new, so I took advantage of the interstate move to take the plunge. God I wish I had done this 10 years ago when I went backpacking around the world - that was an even better opportunity!

Anyway, it was easy - a small sting and the gold studs were in! They have been in for 10 hours now and i can't even feel them! However, i have to wait six weeks until i can put in proper earrings. I have medium sized round earrings with a wave shape (bend left & right from end to end) ready to go.

I should have done the second set i had thought about doing today as well. Now i know what its like, i'll definately have both ears pierced again in the future.

Christine

CharleneCD
06-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Way to go Christine. I do feel bad for the loss of your marriage, but now is the time for you to grow.

RachelDenise
06-11-2005, 06:03 AM
Congratulations!!! There comes a time when a girl has gotta do what a girl has gotta do! ;)

Trish
06-11-2005, 06:25 AM
I had my ears pierced the first time in 1969. The second set was done in 1990. Both were done by my wife, and it was her idea. I rarely put earrings in the second set of holes. I have diamond studs to three inch long earrings that i enjoy wearing.