PDA

View Full Version : What's your house like?

StevieTV
01-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I was wondering how may actually live in a femme environment, meaning your house is decorated towards the female side. I was recently told that my house looked as if a woman lived there. This was after I had put things "away". Now I don't even attempt to hide my women's magazines and the like. I found it liberating.
I must say I'm fortunate to live alone.

Karren H
01-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Our house is very nicely decorated in earth tones and has some fem touches but both my wife and I love it and have the same tastes... Lots of leather... Amish teak.. Oak floors... Still a work in progress.. My other hobby!! Hahaha

Angie G
01-04-2009, 09:03 PM
My house is decorated in to much stuff.:hugs:
Angie

AllieSF
01-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Male Mess!!

Tomara
01-04-2009, 09:24 PM
My house is an old country home with a mix of interior decor.
The kitchen is an open floor plan with a large oak dining set.
The living room is also a large open area with Mission style furniture with southwestern upholstery and rugs that match over the pine floors.
I have been told it is very manly but it is the style I like , and after my divorce I decided to have the style furniture that I like !
The bedrooms are pretty generic as well as the bathrooms , I am kind of a clean freak , so everything is in it`s place.
My cleaning girl comes once a month to give the place a good going over , and has commented that my house it the cleanest house that she cleans. LOL ... Oh well , it gives her a little extra money anyway.
So all in all it is not very feminine !
:heehee: Tomara

TxKimberly
01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Decorated? What does this word mean? My wife is what I lovingly call a pack rat and crap stacker. She never throws anything out and will stack stuff on any horizontal surface until it is completely covered and can hold no more. As both of us work full time, it doesn't leave a lot of time or desire for decorating or cleaning. I suppose it's just as well we don't have guests here . . .

Tracii G
01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Mine is a mix for lack of a better word.
I need to redo the flooring so going with hard wood laminate all thru the house.
Have been dealing with an interior designer on the rest of it just haven't decided which way to go on the funiture yet.There is so much great stuff out there.
My ID says I'm worse than a woman trying to decide.She has commented on things I've picked out saying "don't you think thats a little feminine?"I just reply well I think its pretty.:heehee:

Samantha43
01-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Decorated? I have kids.......nuff said.....

docrobbysherry
01-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Most of the house is sort of like, a paper factory explosion in the The House of Usher.:doh:

Now, my bedroom, after I've dressed like today, is sort of like an explosion in a Goodwill outlet!:eek:

I hope a maid shows up before bedtime!:brolleyes:

CD Susan
01-04-2009, 10:42 PM
I am single and live alone so my home is decorated the way that pleases me. The downstairs area is very manly looking with gun cabinets and safes and a reloading bench in the living room. I have many hunting related mounts on display as well as mounted fish trophies on the walls. this is the part of my home that my friends who do not know I cd are welcome to see and visit me in. The upstairs is completely different. The master bedroom is where all of my cd related things are located and I do not make any attempt at concealing them. I have everything in plain sight such as clothing, shoes, wigs, makeup and jewelry as well as my photographic equipment. This room is my private place and only my cd friends have the privilege to enter there. The adjoining bath room with Jacuzzi is also decorated in a feminine way and this is an arrangement that works very well for me. I could not imagine living a life where I was not free to do what I want at any time in the privacy of my own home.

sometimes_miss
01-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Electronic gadgets of every kind, multiple computers (home built), stereos (more than I have rooms), auto/motorcycle parts might be found anywhere at any time in the process of being cleaned/fixed/built, hand and power tools of all sorts, projector tv, oils/grease/paints/solvents/cleaners of all types, 20+ year calender of Paulina Poriskova on the wall (I never get tired of her, I just use whatever month fits the dates), oversized couch, loveseat, and recliner. Not really a 'woman's' style home. But my linens match; does that count?

balletchick
01-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Everything is black.

I'm most proud of the basement an area nobody gets to see, one room is for for sowing another I keep my moth cacoons in and the other has a 20 ft empty well in.:devil:

AmandaM
01-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Southern California bedroom community. Think Brady Bunch.

NewDresser
01-05-2009, 01:26 AM
There is nothing feminine about my house whatsoever(with the exception of a couple suitcases of clothing tucked away in my closet). There is no mistaking that two bachelors live in my apartment.

diane51
01-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Decorated? I have kids.......nuff said.....

Snickering...modern american kid style, don't I know

Melora
01-05-2009, 06:14 AM
I live with a cute "little red GG Pisces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pisces_(astrology)), And we are a MESS!".... She is a VERY ARTISTIC person and thus.. Wherever she goes.. She leaves a mess.. But I LOVE Her.. And she makes some beautifull ART!
She Also LOVES "TINKERBELL" And other Faries.. Its almost like a religion or a cult...
Actually I can not walk Anywhere whithout seeing a Fairy..
This keeps her happy and not killing Lil'Ol Me.. Soo this is OK for now...
Katie/Melora

Sharon B.
01-05-2009, 07:16 AM
I would love to decorated it in a more feminine manner and one of these day that may happen.
For right now it looks some what neutral.

erickka
01-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Needless to say, my wife had all the say in the upstairs decor of our home, but the basement is guy heaven (darts, pinball, slots, keyboards, etc)

JoAnne Wheeler
01-05-2009, 08:20 AM
House is pretty much in the middle between male/female - however, I can and have for other buildings done all of the interior decoration including floors, walls, ceilings, all the color selections, the furniture, etc - I think that is a very feminine quality - have even had professional GG interior decorators marvel at my ability.
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

Sarah...
01-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Oh, ours is a pigsty. It really is. We work full time. Have full time lazy kids. 2 cats and a dog. We run our own businesses and so work from home a lot too. Once we've factored in having fun with life there's no room for decorating. Once we're rich (which will be never at this rate!) we'll get a cleaner to help.

In the meantime, if you come and visit, I'll move a pile of papers so that you can actually sit on a chair.

Sarah...

PS - my wardrobe is the exception - tidiest thing in the house :)

SexxxyDJ
01-05-2009, 09:01 AM
My wife is an Interior Designer and she uses our house as a practice house for accessories and window treatments. Therefore, it always looks magazine perfect. Makes it a little difficult for me in that if anything is out of place from "Jennifer" being out and around my wife knows instantly. It is nice to come home to a beautiful home and a beautiful wife every night though.

Kate Simmons
01-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Getting there. I'm still looking for some of these eager beaver CD's who claim they like doing housework.:p

Katrina red nails
01-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Functional but boring probably covers it. Outside of our bedroom little feminine apart from wife's cabinet with her ornaments etc in.

Ronni Seymour
01-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I have let my wife have her way with the decorating, which is definately on the feminine side. She likes a lot of lace, floral prints, antique furniture. I guess you could say modern old fashioned?? I like it.

Jodi
01-05-2009, 08:35 PM
My house in neither masuline or femme. My house is a Frank Lloyd Wright design, which means stonework and much dark walnut wood work thruout the house. My one gg friend, who comes to dinner frequently, made a comment to me that I do not live like a normal guy. I asked what she meant. Her response was that the house is nicely decorated with antiques and artwork, I keep my house reasonally clean, My towels and dishes all match, I plant flowers outdoors and keep plants indoors, and I know how to cook, clean, do laundry and ironing, and I know how to sew.

So, this friend thinks that guys generally live like slobs, don't know how to decorate and aren't capable of taking care of themselves. Maybe this has been her experience with guys.

Jodi

Babette
01-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Our home is warm and clean. Like Jodi's house, its decorated with antiques and other artsy-fartsy stuff. The sofas and chairs have lots of soft, cushy throw pillows and most have throws or soft quilts nearby for afternoon naps. All of the beds have at least 9 or more pillows and extra-thick comforters. The cabinets and floors are real wood with mellow warm tones. The aroma of freshly baked apple pie or breads typically greets all visitors.

Babette

Veronica 1
01-05-2009, 09:09 PM
With two bachelors and his 15 yr old daughter living in a small 3 bedroom apartment, can we say disaster zone.

TxKimberly
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
My wife is an Interior Designer and she uses our house as a practice house for accessories and window treatments. Therefore, it always looks magazine perfect. Makes it a little difficult for me in that if anything is out of place from "Jennifer" being out and around my wife knows instantly. It is nice to come home to a beautiful home and a beautiful wife every night though.

AAGGGHHH!! You are SOOO lucky!

marny
01-06-2009, 03:30 AM
My wife is a designer. I can hardly afford next Tuesday!!!

Janie Gunn
01-06-2009, 06:25 AM
I live on my own and mine (actually owned by my nursing-home-ridden mother) is an utter pigsty. I always have to leap over stuff if I go into a room I dont use very much -living room and dining room, and kitchen table - just enough room to eat. I only use the house to cook/eat, and sleep/dress. I now use my mothers old bedroom with double bed and bigger wardrobes for all my cd stuff. It's the tidiest room in the house although not exactly tidy as such. My old room with all my male stuff is a deplorable mess. I spend more time in my office and recording studio than the house but sadly that (mainly my office) is becoming messy, but one of my new years resolutions is to clean up all parts, do more frequent/catch up on clothes washing, keep up with washing the dishes or get the dishwasher fixed, basically I GOTTA DO SOME FU*#&NG HOUSEWORK OR SUFFER SPIDERS AND COCKROACHES AND THE LIKE! And I think I've started making progress!!

KristiMartin
01-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Hehe... I'm in with Samantha. With a little one in the house, it's mainly decorated in toys!

Jess_cd32
01-06-2009, 08:57 AM
My house is an older Victorian style still under repair in some areas, we used colors in the finished areas that are wild, pink, purple, golds, burgundy etc... . Some rooms are fem and some just fit the era of that time period.

Kelsy
01-06-2009, 09:36 AM
My wife and I live in a small country cottage. It is very femininly decorated, floral patterns and pastel colors. We collect Female busts and bodices, and all sorts of designer and art deco pocketbooks and purses. In total I would describe the decor as shabby thrift store chic!:)

Kelsy

valenstein
01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
So, this friend thinks that guys generally live like slobs, don't know how to decorate and aren't capable of taking care of themselves. Maybe this has been her experience with guys.

Jodi

LOL, I have to say that has been my experience with most guys I know.

We have a great Colonial, but it needs some updating and I'm not very skilled at remodeling. My basement is half and half, full of records and discs but I do have a separate room where I've made a dressing table and can keep all my girly stuff.

unclejoann
01-06-2009, 10:24 AM
My wife decorates the house, it is not at all girlie. My office is where I have design control -- it is pink.