PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Game

Daniel
06-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Many of us crossdressers are afraid to shop for their own clothing, for fear the salespeople will realize it is for them. This is a much bigger problem with male-to-female than female-to-male - many women buy clothes for men since many men don't shop at all.

Many people I've seen on these forums claim that they've admitted the clothing was for them and have even been allowed to try clothing on!!! I guess to salespeople, sales are sales, no matter why.

So I've come up with the following scoring system when a male-to-female crossdresser shops:

Being inside a women's clothing store: 1 point per minute. 30 seconds or more rounds up.
Holding items of interest: 1 point per minute per item.

Being said hello to and not running away: 5 points
Being offered help and not running away: 25 points
Accepting help: 100 points
Asking for help: 250 points

Purchasing items: 50 points each
Finding a discount on an item: 50 point bonus per item. (this shopping behavior is more "female")

Being asked who the clothing is for and not running away: 50 points
Being asked who the clothing is for and admitting it's for you: 500 points
Volunteering that the clothing is for you: 1,000 points
Being offered to try something on and not running away: 250 points
Accepting an offer to try something on: 1,000 points
Flat-out asking to try something on: 2,000 points

You don't get the points for admitting it's for you if you make up some crazy story to explain it.

Browsing a makeup counter: 5 points per minute.
Buying makeup: 200 points (few women would rely on a man to buy her makeup)
Buying foundation: 500 points (NO woman would rely on a man to buy her foundation, since it has to be matched to the skin tone)
Being said hello to by someone behind the makeup counter and not running away: 25 points
Being offered help at the makeup counter and not running away: 100 points
Accepting help at the makeup counter: 300 points
Asking for help at the makeup counter: 600 points
Being asked who the makeup is for and not running away: 200 points
Being asked who the makeup is for and admitting it's for you: 1,000 points
Flat-out admitting the makeup is for you: 2,000 points
Having someone show you how to apply foundation to your face where other customers can see it: 3,000 points

Walking through a mall carrying a bag from a women's clothing store: 1 point per 5 minutes per bag.
Sitting down to eat holding a bag from a women's clothing store: 1 point per 2 minutes per bag. (people get more time to notice)

And for anything:
Leaving money on the counter and running off in fright without your items: -1 point per dollar. (Purchases sometimes run hundreds of dollars, so that will lose hundreds of points!)

I suck at my own game - my best score is only 493. I have never accepted help.

Wendy me
06-11-2005, 02:02 PM
ok i got like a killzillon points now (i am good at shopping) just what can i get with all threse pointy thingys ??????

Sindy
06-11-2005, 02:08 PM
This sounds like alot of fun, I'm an extremly nervous shopper, but I think that the next time I do shop, I'm gonna see how I score.

Julie
06-11-2005, 02:10 PM
How many points for taking something back to a shop that has no changing facilities and telling them it didn't fit me?

~Julie~

Stacie Stockman
06-11-2005, 05:17 PM
50 points for every customer browsing in the same section as you..

100 points for every customer in line behind you as you wait to be cashed out..

Sigrid
06-11-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm certain I'm no where near Wendy, but I'm definitely in 5 figures.. How many points did I earn for having the makeup girl a Macy's set me down at the counter and showing me how to apply foundation on my own face?

Melissa A.
06-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Wendy wins. Knew that when I got halfway through the post.

I've accepted help, but never been asked if it was for me. And never had the need to go to a makeup counter.

I will buy anything. But I've never been challenged. Maybe the sales people in my area are just afraid to ask. I will say I act completely natural and unafraid, so maybe they know what I will say and don't want to hear it. Or maybe I've just been lucky. I don't know. Will let you know if it happens. Or if I decide to push the envelope.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Daniel
06-11-2005, 06:32 PM
How many points for taking something back to a shop that has no changing facilities and telling them it didn't fit me?

This is essentially a flat-out admission that it is for you. So... 1,000 points!!

I'm certain I'm no where near Wendy, but I'm definetly in 5 figures.. How many points did I earn for having the makeup girl a Macy's set me down at the counter and showing me how to apply foundation on my own face?

This is beyond volunteering that the makeup is for you, for the same reason that asking to try something on is: The salesperson actually has to do something unique for you as a result of it. And, other customers - potentially someone you know - can see it. So... I would give 3,000 points!!! At least!!

I've added a few things to the list. I've edited the list.

Buying foundation = 500 points, since NO woman would rely on a man to buy her foundation, since it has to be matched to the skin tone.
Having someone show you how to apply foundation to your own face where other customers can see it = 3,000 points.

Sigrid
06-11-2005, 06:42 PM
This is beyond volunteering that the makeup is for you, for the same reason that asking to try something on is: The salesperson actually has to do something unique for you as a result of it. And, other customers - potentially someone you know - can see it. So... I would give 3,000 points!!! At least!!
That's quite generous, but I have to admit I was in a foreign state (AZ) and knew I wouldn't be seen by anyone I know, so I'll happily settle for 2,500.

LaceyNicole
06-28-2005, 02:35 AM
so far the highest i got was a trip to dress barn about 2790 give or take for minutes.

AmyCarter
06-28-2005, 02:59 AM
How many points do we get for bringing this point list and checking off as we go? I'd probably score in the thousands every time but i don't keep track of time or people or much of anything so i'd hardly know. Now, if I where to take the sheet with me and mark down everything at the checkout counter I could figure it out, hmmm.

liz lesbow
06-28-2005, 08:28 AM
How many points for talking to the next person in line while you are holding the pretty pink panties or blouse that you picked out.

Can you earn more when in femme or in drab.
;) :p

RachelB.
06-28-2005, 08:52 AM
I once had a lady behind me remark that she thought the skirt and blouse I was waiting to purchase would look great on me. I held them up and asked if she really thought so. I commented that I hadn't been able to find any cute shoes to go with them. She laughed and we chatted until my turn came. I think she thought I was joking!!!

Gemma
06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Very good post Daniel, does being drunk count, that was the only time I got brave enough to admit the clothes I brought were for me, but I did take them back the next day (sober), coz they were to big for me, if so I must have racked up a few good points.

CharleneCD
07-02-2005, 08:20 AM
I went to two stores yesterday and was open about shopping for me. need to know how many points I get

Second hand store:

Tried on feminine rings that salesgirl had to get out of case for me.

After the jewelry had to admit the clothes bought were for me.

Burlington coat factory:

Tried on pink jacket in middle of store.

Held outfits to my body to check size.

Was complimented on my pretty painted nails by female salesgirl. I replied thank you.

Argued with Bunny over who gets to wear one of the outfits first, while being checked out.

It was a great shopping day.

uknowhoo
07-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Well, Wendy's crown is safe from me, tho I guess I must have tens of thousands at this point anyway. I've been discreetly trying stuff on in (mostly thrift) stores for a few months now. Asked for assistance for the first time, at the Leggs/Bali outlet the other day...but I didn't volunteer that it was for me.

Ariel
07-02-2005, 11:57 AM
OK here's the story.... Was looking for padded panties. Went to Victoria's Secret (in drab).

Sales lady asked if I needed help.

I said yes. My wife wanted a pair of padded panties, do you have them?

Sales lady says yes, what size does she wear?

I say that I don't know (really didn't know what size I needed).

Sales lady looks at my waist, and says how about a medium?

I say ok.

Sales lady asks what color, white or black?

I say not sure.

Sales lady says how bout white, then if she wants to wear them with pants, they won't show.

just curious,
Ariel

emmicd
07-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Can any of your points be converted to discounts in buying your next femme outfit?

Emmi

Tristen Cox
07-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Can any of your points be converted to discounts in buying your next femme outfit?

Emmi
Yes

Next question please

Pip
07-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Buying foundation: 500 points (NO woman would rely on a man to buy her foundation, since it has to be matched to the skin tone)

Actually, that's not entirely true. Before I started CD'ing, my wife asked me to pick some up for here when I was going to the store. She made me write down EXACTLY what shade to get and I didn't screw it up!

I guess this was a training excersize for me now that I'm buying the stuff for myself!

Pip

Rachel_740
07-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi Girls,

Last year (before I transitioned) I went into the chemists (in drabs) with my children and their mum one day because I had been told that they will do a colour and skin type test for you for foundation. I asked the lady on the cosmetics counter about the tests and she started to look at my ex as she answered that yes they do them etc. Then I made it clear that I was asking for the test for myself, NOT my ex. She sort of hesitated for a moment then did the test while my ex and children went off to look at something else.

Since before I transitioned I have been buying my own clothes (dressed and in drabs). On one occasion I was in drabs and was asked if I wanted to try on the clothes I was buying. I liked that.

~Julie~

I have bought online and taken back to the shop for a refund cos they didn't fit - I did cheat a bit on that one though. Again, it was before I transitioned and I took it back to a branch of the shop that was 180 miles from home (I was staying away at the time). It had my home address on the invoice though.

Anyway, I do nearly all my shopping in the stores now and always ask to try on and have never been turned down :) .

A few weeks ago I was in town with my brother and decided to drag him round the clothes shops, trying on and buying (only for me :rolleyes: ). I don't think he's ever been dragged round the clothes shops (other than by mum when we were small).

Anne