PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Outed

cd_britney_426
01-06-2009, 01:47 AM
I live in the fifth largest city in the U.S. (Phoenix, AZ) but it is still a "small world." I've worked at the same company for over a year and never told anyone I'm gay simply because it never was an issue or relevant in the first place. Nonetheless, I was outed at work because someone had seen me at the Pride Parade. No big deal though.

Anyway, I've been dressing a lot more lately and in fact every single day (although not all day). Saturday night I went to a T-friendly club and then left with a friend to go to another T-friendly club. Before parking I had pulled up in front as my friend was quickly chit-chatting with a couple of people in front of the club. At some point she introduced me to the person at the passenger window and said "This is my friend Britney." A second person standing back at an angle who I could not see said, "Hey. I know you. You work at [company name here]." I said, "Yes I do." I became a bit inquisitive however and said, "What is your name? Do I know you? Do you work there? How do you know I work there?" Strangely the person never answered any of my questions and I could never see his face or figure out who he was.

I always dress in drab at work but I know how things get around. I'm not too worried about it though. I've already made subtle "mistakes" such as fixing my hair in the men's room, always using the stall instead of the urinals, and accidently exposing my shaved legs. We'll see what happens, though. Britney

Billijo49504
01-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Wait till the rumors start, then you will know strated them.
them confront that person.Until then, relax, they probably won't say anything...BJ

Tracii G
01-06-2009, 02:20 AM
I agree if the rumor starts you will figure out who pretty quickly.
Stopped in to buy gas Sat night at a station I usually don't go to and a good friends wife works there part time.I didn't know she worked there but I was coming from a TG support group meeting so I was dressed. She looked me up and down I guess trying to figure out if she knew me.
I paid for the gas and she said thank you maam have a nice evening.I said thank you in my femme voice so we'll see what happens.It was kind of a rush I have to admit.LOL.
This set of friends know of my Bi-ness BTW.
Good luck!

marny
01-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Sorry for your predicament. Would ask you to keep in mind that the majority of us CD are not gay. We are just girls at heart! TY

Melora
01-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Sorry for the pun.. But..
Be carefull not to potty where you eat... Alot of wisdom there!! = 2 cents worth.

DanaR
01-06-2009, 05:51 AM
I'm curious, what was that person was doing out front of the T-friendly place?

sandra-leigh
01-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I've already made subtle "mistakes" such as fixing my hair in the men's room, always using the stall instead of the urinals, and accidently exposing my shaved legs.

My legs don't exactly have a lot of hair on them to start with; no-one has ever mentioned anything about it to me. On the other hand, my arms don't have much hair either so it is consistent: I guess I could imagine shaved legs might be more obvious on someone who has appreciable arm hair.

Anyhow, you might not be outed around work: the reason the person didn't answer your questions might be that they didn't want to be outed themselves! For example, suppose it was a married guy, then he wouldn't exactly want it known that he was hanging around a gay bar.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I second what Marny said
JoAnne Wheeler