PDA

View Full Version : Are you gifted ?

Kelsy
01-06-2009, 07:19 AM
It is the society in which we live that places a negative conotation
on a Transgendered person.
It is seen as perverted and discusting, something to be afraid of.
Had we been born into the native American culture ,pre colonial,
we would have been placed in a special and revered position in society!The two spirited people! So let me ask you is Cding and being transgendered a gift!??

Kelsy

Karren H
01-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Didn't know that!! And I really do love leather skirts too!! :). Well there's a fine line between gifted and cursed, in my humble opinion. I haven't figured out which one applys... Probably both... I sound like Monk. Lol

RoxyRocket47
01-06-2009, 07:33 AM
I personally have two inclinations toward answering this question.

My first inclination is to remind us that when asked if the blind man had sinned to earn his blindness, Jesus said that the man was born blind not for sin but rather to show others how great god's work is by the example. In other words, the blind man was meant to show everyone else how good they have it. I suppose in that sense, we're here to show others who are without gender issues just how good they have it - thus being a gift to the world rather than ourselves.

My second inclination is to say that hardship brings out the best (and occasionally the worst) in people. It is through hardship that one grows as a person - strengthening character, resolve, and sense of compassion. In this way, it is a gift to us to see through eyes with the clarity of having seen life from both sides of the proverbial coin, and endured the hardship of living upon its edge.

Jess_cd32
01-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I'd call being a cd a bittersweet gift.

battybattybats
01-06-2009, 07:59 AM
In a great many cultures of the world we would be sacred.
It is only recently in much of the world that this is not the case.

So it is only with deliberately spread hate that we are punished and suffer for having this difference.

That hate can be undone. And with its unraveling we could be celebrated and freely enjoy being what we are.

I think we have two gifts. The first is the gift of being able to have the best of both masculinity and femininity as much as we choose of each or as much as is appropriate to us.

The second gift is the opportunity to do great good. By striving against the hate we help not just our personal selves but to make life better for every gender stereotype non conforming person, from masculine women to effeminate men as well as the rest of Transgender.

How many people can truly do so much good to others so easily today?

Kelsy
01-06-2009, 08:04 AM

So it is only with deliberately spread hate that we are punished and suffer for having this difference.

That hate can be undone. And with its unraveling we could be celebrated and freely enjoy being what we are.

I think we have two gifts. The first is the gift of being able to have the best of both masculinity and femininity as much as we choose of each or as much as is appropriate to us.

The second gift is the opportunity to do great good. By striving against the hate we help not just our personal selves but to make life better for every gender stereotype non conforming person, from masculine women to effeminate men as well as the rest of Transgender.

How many people can truly do so much good to others so easily today?

:iagree: Kelsy

JoAnne Wheeler
01-06-2009, 08:08 AM
I feel special and reverred - no matter what society may think
JoAnne Wheeler

Toni_Lynn
01-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Yes, I feel that I am gifted in many ways, CDing being just one of them that seems to be in concert with the rest of them. I seem to have this inate ability to visualise abstract concepts and look at things from a totally different perspective than those around me.

For example, I do database work in my job. I can visualise the way the data looks without seeing it on paper. Its as clear as reading a book.

In addition, due to my imagination, I can transcend the normal view of things and create other views of things, imaginary yes, but based in reality, reality being the key. This is why I can't stand fantasy things such as role-playing games, TG as found in anime, and body swaps and superheroes.

So, my CDing is just another way of transcending the normal and placing the fullness of my being into a feminine sphere.

I know - - I'm weird - but thats jsut on eof my charms

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Kelsy
01-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Yes, I feel that I am gifted in many ways, CDing being just one of them that seems to be in concert with the rest of them. I seem to have this inate ability to visualise abstract concepts and look at things from a totally different perspective than those around me.

For example, I do database work in my job. I can visualise the way the data looks without seeing it on paper. Its as clear as reading a book.

In addition, due to my imagination, I can transcend the normal view of things and create other views of things, imaginary yes, but based in reality, reality being the key. This is why I can't stand fantasy things such as role-playing games, TG as found in anime, and body swaps and superheroes.

So, my CDing is just another way of transcending the normal and placing the fullness of my being into a feminine sphere.

I know - - I'm weird - but thats jsut on eof my charms

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Toni, I have found that TG persons tend to be very creative! Could be that the intergration of our two genders gives us a unique perspective of the world and of life!!

:hugs:
Kelsy

RoxyRocket47
01-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Toni, I have found that TG persons tend to be very creative! Could be that the intergration of our two genders gives us a unique perspective of the world and of life!!

:hugs:
Kelsy

I can definitely agree with that, given that I've been an artist for a PC game company, a writer for an RPG publisher, a mechanic, an editor (please oh please for the love of all that is good and holy may I never again get stuck with that job), a layout designer, a seamstress, a costume designer, a leatherworker, an upholsterer, an electronics repair-person, a make-up artist, an actress, and a prop-designer... and I'm only 24...

Yeah... I have a hard time believing it too... and I actually did it ROFL

Kate Simmons
01-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Absolutely Kelsy. Those who are able to balance the energies are very gifted indeed.:)

Angie G
01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
It is to me Kelsy.:hugs:
Angie

Michelle 51
01-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Well life would be easier if i didn't crossdress but having said that i get a lot of enjoyment from it.More than any other hobby i have if you can call it a hobby.I find that i have to do it so it's not a hobby i guess.It's more about who i am.

docrobbysherry
01-06-2009, 10:42 AM
It is the society in which we live that places a negative conotation on a Transgendered person.
It is seen as perverted and discusting, something to be afraid of. So let me ask you is Cding and being transgendered a gift!??
Kelsy

Since I'm not aware of a TS/TG side, I have no idea what that's like! :eek:

However, as a CD, I find myself to be VERY LUCKY to have found my nitch!:D

My whole life, I have been VERY FORTUNATE in almost everything I've done, everywhere I've gone. I'm fairly sure it's just lucky coincidences that have gotten me to where I am. Not talent, not brains, not education, not connections! Just LUCK!:)

It's UNLUCKY that the general public identifies TS/TG girls with sometime CDs!:sad:
Many of u R SUCH GIFTED and WONDERFUL FOLKS! It's a DARN SHAME u aren't all recognised for that!:hugs:

Jilmac
01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
For too many years I considered my crossdressing a curse, mainly because I didn't understand the reason I needed to dress. Also because of non acceptance from my spouse I lived in constant fear of being discovered.

Since coming out, I have experienced a new acceptance, not only from those who know about Jill, but from Jill herself. I can honestly say that now I realize how gifted I am being a crossdresser because I am able to express my true self. I am even comfortable with talking about Jill with those who disapproved in the past.

Sam-antha
01-06-2009, 12:40 PM
It is a gift and like all gifts, tends to come with strings attached.
I do enjoy the strings, like trying on.

~Samm

Bethany_Anne_Fae
01-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Gifted is what you make of it. Yes, i feel that I am gifted in some respects but at the same time I feel th einternal curse of being a Cder.

*hugs*

Zara

Cassia-Marie
01-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I seem to have this inate ability to visualise abstract concepts and look at things from a totally different perspective than those around me.

I'm a computer programmer, Toni, so I can totallly relate. I've always had that ability, too.

It's interesting that there are so many creatively-inclined people who also crossdress. I have a degree in music, for example, and have been musically gifted my entire life (it's just tough to make a living as a classically-trained musician hence the programming job). I've also been known to sew (clothes, drapes, etc.), write poetry (even have a few published!), cook, bake, and a host of other creative endeavors. It's a stereotype, I know, but traditionally gay people (particularly men) are credited with having enhanced fashion sense or heightened aesthetic sensibilities and can perform creative tasks to acheive them (there are, of course, exceptions). I wonder how much of that is simply the gift of being more in touch with their feminine side...?

I've always credited these talents to the fact that I'm right-brained (left-handed). Hmmmm... How many of you gifted CD's are left-handed?

iwearstockings
01-06-2009, 07:05 PM
yes it's a gift.

Emily Anderson
01-06-2009, 07:45 PM
No it's not a gift. It just is was it is, no more no less.

Why would the fact of choosing to enjoy wearing women's clothes be considered as a gift, any more than other life choices?

Jenniferpl
01-06-2009, 07:49 PM
It is an opportunity to go an a journey.

Darla L
01-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I believe we all have two parts to our nature. "Male and female, created He them". Or more closely put, Nature follows the patterns set forth by the Goddess and God.
I feel we are blessed to have both the feminine and masculine sides and all of us, as humans, have them. Maybe some of us are "gifted" because we are more in touch with both sides?

charlie
01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Hello Kelsey!
The Indians did not do to well in the general society as well. They were even made promises with, and all were broken. The disgust and misguided notion that we are the worst of perverts is societal. Remember the line from Thomas Jefferson...."The only good Indian is a dead Indian"? It probably would apply to us in lots of circles. So much for spiritual beings!

MsSamanthaErica
01-06-2009, 08:38 PM
In some ways I can see that it could be. As Robert Burns said:

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us
An foolish notion:
What airs in dress an gait wad lea'es us,
An ev'n devotion!"

And as I see it, it gives us a chance to see ourselves for what we could be, what we long to be, and what our happiness can bring out. For me, I know that I glow and feel so much more free when I dress. It may not be a gift, but it sure feels like one!

~Samantha

PretzelGirl
01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I think I am re-gifted. My family gave me to my first wife and she gave me to the second.

But seriously, I think we are. Look at how we are able to come together in this forum. Most places I have gone to before always have a lot of infighting and disagreements. This group is always supportive and helpful. Must take a special kind of person!

PhillyGuy2Girl
01-06-2009, 10:39 PM
After suppressing my urge to CD for many years, I find it to be special to able to explore my feminie side. I'm now at the point where I'm relly comfortable with it,I'm getting out a little more,just came out to a good friend who is cool with it and last but not least have a loving wife who supports me in my CD journey.

I don't know if its a gift or not.

Felicity :)

Persephone
01-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Remember the line from Thomas Jefferson...."The only good Indian is a dead Indian"?

Sorry Charlie, but most authorities attribute the quote to General Phil Sheridan who is said to have uttered it in 1869. General Sheridan later denied having said it, but there were several eyewitnesses who said that he did.

Rather than Thomas Jefferson, who died on the 4th of July in 1826, it may have been Teddy Roosevelt who later repeated it as part of a longer statement; but there is considerable doubt that he actually did.

Persephone
01-07-2009, 12:07 AM

I don't think you are completely correct, Batty. A great many early cultures not only shunned crossdressers, TS's, and the like, they bashed their brains out with rocks and moved on.

The notion that everyone other than contemporary society was wonderful and caring and that current society is ignorant, hateful, and nasty is not only inaccurate, it is rediculous.

marny
01-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Quote Popye. " I Yam What I Yam"

PamelaTX
01-07-2009, 01:04 AM
It's a gift, definitely not in any way a curse.

MissConstrued
01-07-2009, 03:28 AM
If it's a gift, why does it end up costing me so much money? :daydreaming: