PDA

View Full Version : Was Home Alone Yesterday and Cleaning...

cindym5_04
01-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I came to a startling revelation yesterday while I was off work. I hadn't dressed since around last January and I know I have a large quantity of women's clothes, bras, etc. I decided that I would go through all of the stuff, eliminating what doesn't fit, what I don't like, what I would consider too young (I watch a lot of the shows like "What Not To Wear") or what I would not deem appropriate for me to go out in and pass. Well, I knew I've put on a little weight and some muscle in my thighs (I play and referee soccer), but I found that pretty much nothing that I have fits anymore. My skirts are too shorts and show the bottom of my butt (which now has a little shape to it instead of being flat) or I can't get them zipped or over my thighs. Most of my bras are too small- some 36's fit and others didn't. Some of my stuff was too "young" (I'm 36) and was previously from the "junior's" section. I think I'm now down to 2 skirts, 1 sweater, and about 4 casual pull-over tops. I still like a few pairs of my shoes, but some are totally worn out. Also, I'm getting rid of 2, maybe 4, of my lot of wigs. The tops that I have that fit, don't go with the skirts either! Needless to say, I didn't spend the day dressed or take any photos.

Angie G
01-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Sounds like it time to go SHOPPING Sindy.:hugs:
Angie

Tina B.
01-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Can you spell Mall! I know what you mean about tops, and skirts not matching, seems that at times I have gotten interested in prints, big bold prints, blouses, skirts, I got it all in prints, now I find myself shopping for solids just to find things I can wear together, it's madding when you have a closet full of clothes, and can't find a thing that matches.
Tina B.

Tracey Corset
01-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Last January !!!! Cindy, shame on you, time for a complete makeover
Tracey

cindym5_04
01-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Last January !!!! Cindy, shame on you, time for a complete makeover
Tracey

Yeah, life has totally gotten in the way and have been SO busy!

2008 rundown

Mother-in-law was in town randomly from January to April working on wife's wedding dress.

May- wedding (in Hawaii), honeymoon, and then came back for a wedding reception.

March thru November- soccer season (play and referee on nights that I wasn't playing...including saturdays and sundays)

October to current- started school online (just started college- 18 yrs. after high school) in the midst of soccer.

Current- am picking up additional courses and working on setting up the soccer team for the upcoming season.

Karren H
01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Sounds like to me you had enough to dress... Tight bra, panties, top, shoes, wig and short skirt... Probably more than enough for a little cheesecake photo shoot!! Lol. :D

cindym5_04
01-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Sounds like to me you had enough to dress... Tight bra, panties, top, shoes, wig and short skirt... Probably more than enough for a little cheesecake photo shoot!! Lol. :D

hahaha yeah...maybe I had enough, but I'm sure everyone would have been seeing a whole lot more than what they wanted...unless this was a paysite!! :heehee:

Sam-antha
01-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Altogether I think that is too much of the being with other people. As for soccer on Sundays..... you deserve tobe out of touch with out of fashion statements.

Never ever watch and obey those programmes of the "What not to wear" variety. I most certainly do not.

~Samm

JoAnne Wheeler
01-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I've been doing the same thing - bought too many clothes before I lost weight - have a lot of really expensive new clothing that is too big - skirts and slacks actually fall off of me when I stand up. I guess it is both good and bad - bad that they don't fit anymore, but good to lose weight.
JoAnne Wheeler

lauraabdl
01-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Its a tough job but some has to do it (Shop till you drop):D:heehee::daydreaming:
Laura

cindym5_04
01-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah maybe after I pay off some of these credit cards in the next few months, I'll get myself some new stuff.

CD Susan
01-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Cindy, you went for an entire year without dressing? I find that simply amazing and don't know how you can do this. Maybe if you dressed more often you would be more inclined to not outgrow the clothes that you have. It sounds like a donation to Goodwill and a shopping spree is due. Have fun!

cindym5_04
01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I have a few items I'll probably post on ebay (like these really cute pink sueded leather pants from Wilsons) and this corset that I always really liked, but rarely wore. Otherwise, I'm going to either give the stuff to another cd who may want it or give it to Salvation Army. Once I list everything that I have that I'm getting rid of (old bras and panties got tossed out), I'm going to post it in the forum in case anyone wants anything. I'll end up at least asking for postage though! hehe

beenherelongtime
01-07-2009, 06:30 PM
you don't need a new wardrobe right now, you need to finish school and then start working on your body. maybe a few pieces of lingere would tide you over.