PDA

View Full Version : Two genders in one hour

Leanne2
01-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Yesterday afternoon I was one of the speakers at a university seminar. It was a casual event so I wore my plain ladies jeans, long sleaved pullover top/shirt, and white men's tennis shoes. I have a lady's style wedge cut so I flattened it down as best as I could. I keep my brows waxed. I spoke for 30 minutes and then took questions. My talk went well. I can butch up with the best of them.
Then on the way home I stopped at a sewing center to buy a sewing machine part for the elderly neighbor lady that I care for part time. After I parked my car I brushed out my wedge. Then I put on a simple necklace. I was wearing a velour zip jacket. I carried my ladies wallet in my hand. I wore no makeup.
When I walked in the sales lady said," Can I help you ma'am?" We visited back and forth as she rang up my purchase. I had a big smile as I left the store. A short while later I reverted back to guy mode. And I never changed clothes for the transformation. I still can't believe how easily I changed back and forth. Leanne

Angie G
01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Nice you can do that so easily must save loads of time.:hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
U live a life many of us can only dream about!:daydreaming:

beenherelongtime
01-06-2009, 11:15 AM
very interesting

Karren H
01-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah!!! Must be nice!!! I'd love to see you do that... How about a few before and after pics?

I can do that too... Kind of... With 30 minutes.. And $500 worth of makeup, wig...... And maybe a professional makeup artist along... Lol

JoAnne Wheeler
01-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I think maybe we could call this a prime example of an "androgynous" personality (having a blend of both male and female characteristics in your body at one time)
Way to go
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

Persephone
01-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I had a big smile as I left the store. A short while later I reverted back to guy mode. And I never changed clothes for the transformation. I still can't believe how easily I changed back and forth. Leanne

Don'tcha just love it!!! It's called shapeshifting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapeshifting) and it appears in stories throughout all of human history.

It is a mental game. With a few basics (skill and body dimensions), a couple of tricks (very close shave, ponytail/hair, shaped eyebrows, manicured nails), and a few props ("androgenous" clothes, a purse) it becomes possible to shapeshift throughout the day.

There's sometimes a "downside" though. As the Wikipedia article states, "The most important aspect of shape-shifting . . . is whether the transformation is voluntary." Sometimes you get called "Ma'm" in front of your son's best friend!

Leanne2
01-07-2009, 09:34 AM
In the 70s the only way I could justify long hair was to look like a mountain man. Then as I got older I worried less about what people would think about my appearance. First I shaved off my beard; then the mustache. I reduced my sideburns little by little until they were gone. Then I started venturing out dressed. As I got older my body changed. In the 1990s I morphed into a typical overweight person. My body was rounder; the muscles faded away. During this decade, as my hormone levels dropped I developed “man boobs”.
I started plucking my brows and then had them waxed. I had been shaving my legs but then I shaved the hair from my arms as well. My wife complained about my long hair so I agreed to a “compromise cut”. With my new wedge style 6 months ago I discovered that I look just like a lot of women my age which is 59. Heavy women wear large t-shirts, untucked. So do I. Then I started being called ma’am once in a while. Even when I’m not trying.
Last fall my wife and I went antiquing while on a trip. We walked into a store and smiled at the lady at the desk. She said,” Ladies, let me know if you need anything.” That led to an argument when we got back into the car. So it’s fun when I’m alone but a problem when I’m with someone that doesn’t know about or approve of my “hobby.” I like my androgynous look but have to be careful about it because of my position as a man in this world. Have a great day girls! Leanne
P.S. I don’t know how to put a picture into my computer. I am older you know.