PDA

View Full Version : Cut those finger nails!!

Karren H
01-06-2009, 08:51 PM
That's what my wife just said.... She was trying to figure out the new washer and asked for my help.... I came over and started pushing buttons and she then noticed my long, nicely manicured nails....

She said "cut those nails.... those are long... even for a woman... and pointy! No one wears pointy any more... they trim them straight"

I said "I like them pointie!! and long.... " she just looked at me and did the eye roll thing....

So you think that she ment I could keep them long if I file them flatter or cut them off completely?

BTW.... she has never had long nails.... ever.....

Edyta_C
01-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Maybe she is jealous? Some GGs can't really keep them long for the crack and break. My wife has a lot of breakage. I have some breakage but, only when I am a guy!

Edy

Rachel B
01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Green eyed monster Karren, I get it all the time from my SO and any other GG I happen across that has worse nails....Tell her to grow nose hair, or ear fluff, or something you have that annoys you, or just do what I do and GLOAT about how good my nails are :D That always gets them going :devil:

Rachel Morley
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi Karen,

NO! .... don't cut them. You'll regret it ... I did. I would say trim them "squared off" .... according to my wife, your wife is correct, it's almost always straight across or only slightly rounded .... not pointie. Go for the trim rather than the cut I say.

Hugs
Rachel

BeckyAnderson
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Hehehehe, if your wife is like my wife she really meant, "Cut them down to guy size!" :D

Maureen
01-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Why aggravate your wife? It seems you pretty much get to dress whenever you want, yet you seem amused by your wife's obvious distaste for your nails. Why not cut the woman a break and cut the nails. Are you trying to piss her off?

Tess
01-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Why not take her advice and go with current GG nail fashion... take what she says as fashion advice rather than displeasure.

MsSamanthaErica
01-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I see a LOT of women with squared off nails, but why should you stick to what everyone else does?

Karren you know your wife better than anyone else, so you need to figure out if she's just jealous of that. Maybe get her some extensions so she can rival you :D

If you can't make war or peace, get dressed up :)

~Samantha

kittypw GG
01-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Why aggravate your wife? It seems you pretty much get to dress whenever you want, yet you seem amused by your wife's obvious distaste for your nails. Why not cut the woman a break and cut the nails. Are you trying to piss her off?

:thumbsup:
What could it hurt? Cut the nails.
I am not trying to make anyone mad but it is a personal opinion. I think long nails on a guy is creepy. It is a small concession to make isn't it? for the sake of your marriage or peace in your home. Generally she turns a blind eye. Something like long nails is hard to explain to friends and neighbors if you know what I mean. In my profession it is hard to keep the nails long and manicured so I am ok with short well groomed nails that I keep painted etc. often times with clear nail polish. Why can't that be good enough for you ?

:hugs:
Kitty

Karren H
01-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Well.... it's really the first time I've had them this long.... since I started using Wet N Wild #201 clear matte polish and hardner... They haven't been breaking so I figured I'd grow them out.... and the look pretty good... imho...

This was over a week ago... so they are a little longer now...
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/notd122008.jpg

I'm probably going to file them back a little and see if it passes the test...

StephanieT
01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
They don't look that long or pointy to me. :)

Karren H
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
You can tell her that, Steph!! lol

Rogina B
01-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Just looked at mine and they are about the same.i wonder why people love to make remarks about nail length. It isn't like you had fake ones pre spraypainted and glued on!

amber 07
01-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I'll tell her Karren. I think you have beautiful nails for a male or a female. Just right in my opinion. So what if they aren't the squared off "style", they are your nails. I used to chew mine right down and my mother complained and said I should let them grow. Since I came to terms with my feminine self, I have let them grow and keep them manicured with a nice clear coat on them now she says they look girly and that I should trim them. You will NEVER please everyone, so please yourself. Good Luck, Amber

DanaR
01-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Karen,

If you squared them off, wouldn't they look even more feminine?

Karren H
01-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Actually I hate the French Cut look myself... Yeah that's the fad.... but they just don't look pretty to me... Ohh well... I'll get the dremel tool out and have a go at them!! lol

susie evans
01-06-2009, 10:35 PM
NO NO don't cut your nails they look to good

:hugs:....susie

DanaR
01-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Actually I hate the French Cut look myself... Yeah that's the fad.... but they just don't look pretty to me... Ohh well... I'll get the dremel tool out and have a go at them!! lol
I'll have to agree with you, they just don't look very pretty. Did you tell your wife that they don't look very pretty? <lol> Couldn't resist!

joann426
01-06-2009, 10:41 PM
thats ok karrenmine look alot like yours keep them clean and beautiful

natasha
01-06-2009, 10:45 PM
I've got several of those "cut your nails" t-shirts too!!!!

BobbiJ
01-07-2009, 12:28 AM
:thumbsup:
What could it hurt? Cut the nails.
I am not trying to make anyone mad but it is a personal opinion. I think long nails on a guy is creepy. It is a small concession to make isn't it? for the sake of your marriage or peace in your home. Generally she turns a blind eye. Something like long nails is hard to explain to friends and neighbors if you know what I mean. In my profession it is hard to keep the nails long and manicured so I am ok with short well groomed nails that I keep painted etc. often times with clear nail polish. Why can't that be good enough for you ?

Kitty

In a word, no.

Do you have to ask your husband's permission to cut your hair, trim your nails, skip putting on makeup, wear jeans or a flannel shirt? I doubt it. You get to decide what you want to look like. But we don't get that same freedom - not even half of it.

We have lived our entire lives suppressing who we are, and all we want is to be allowed to do some things that make US happy for once. This is the only life we get, so tell me, why should we have to live the entire time locking part of who we are away and being miserable for it?

If my nails aren't trimmed to the quick, it doesn't hurt anyone. It makes me feel good to have them at a length i want. After all, i can't polish them. I can't grow my hair to the length i want. I can't pierce my ears. I can't shave any part of my body other than my legs. I can't wear the clothes i want to wear in my own home unless i'm alone. I can't come out to anyone without her approval. I can't even talk about how it makes me feel with her without her giving me scornful looks half the time.

And i'm one of the "lucky" ones. She's supportive some of the time, but freaks out over miniscule changes at others. There's other occasions when she assumes some dark sinister motive for something i do. The mixed signals leave me walking on eggshells.

My nails look a lot like Karen's just with more squared off tips. No one other than my wife has ever commented on them. That being the case, in my opinion this hypersensitivity over nail length borders on paranoia.

I want some control over my appearance - actually, i want total control, but i compromise - this is one of the areas where i draw the line.

queenie
01-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Karren,

Do the short squared off nail. I bet it'll look really nice on you. I have mine done that way and it looks very good and I don't get any reactions from anybody.

DawnRodgers
01-07-2009, 01:45 AM
IMHO I think your nails look great Karen. A little longer than most men wear theirs but not extremely, femininely long. A woman with long nails (I think) can have them a good 1/2 of an inch long in the middle than even all around. The edges would be basically even with your fingers, giving a definite feminine look. That's the look I love. Yours are nowhere near that. Personally, if you do the flat front look, I would think that they need to be much longer to give the total effect most women like.
Dawn

Satrana
01-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Those nails are NOT long at all, your wife must be very sensitive to get upset about them. Nobody else would notice or care.

There are many cultures around the world where regular men have manicures and wear clear polish. There is nothing wrong with having good clean manicured nails, it just shows you look after yourself.

Keep them exactly the way they are.

StacyCD
01-07-2009, 03:28 AM
When the Beatles first started becoming popular in the US (1964), everyone thought they had really long hair! If you look at their pictures from 1964 now, it's hard to believe that anyone ever thought that their hair was long!

Your nails are not that long! The flat front look for nails is the current women's fashion fad so actually leaving them 'pointed' might draw less fem attention. However, you should wear them how you like them and not worry about anyone else.

I wear my nails close to the length in the photo except that I almost always have at least one on each hand that has broken off!

BlUeDrAgOn
01-07-2009, 05:49 AM
I had mine longer than that, but eventually my wife forced me to cut them. Oh, well... I guess I'll just have to keep letting them grow and cutting them so my wife won't get mad at me. But I don't think those are long nails at all. Try to wear them suqare shaped, instead. I guess they could pass a bit more unnoticed ;)

Karren H
01-07-2009, 07:22 AM
I just knocked the pointiness of a couple of them down last night and they don't look too bad... At least she didn't notice the many layers of clear polish!

erickka
01-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Wish I could have mine longer than at the quick.:sad: Being an outboard motor mechanic is a bad thing for keeping nails clean, let alone growing them long!!

Katrina
01-07-2009, 08:08 AM
Karren, they look fine. Not too girly and not to manly. My SO had been giving me some grief about my longish nails for a while. I would get sick of them snagging on things and ripping or they would irritate me in some other way so I would cut them back to normal guy length. Eventually, my SO got so desensitized to me having longish nails that recently when I cut them short, she questioned me about it. Believe it or not, I actually like them shorter. Now if I could only keep them polished...

Tomara
01-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi Karren

I think your nails looked fine the way they were , but trimming them is probably a small price to pay to keep peace in the family , and they will grow back !

Tomara

JoAnne Wheeler
01-07-2009, 09:30 AM
My fingernails are long and pointy - my spouse has to keep hers cut very short due to her job - my spouse is not overly fond of my long nails, but she tolerates it because she understands that when JoAnne emerges on the sceen, JoAnne wants long nails to polish. She has finally come to terms with JoAnne.
Love,
JoAnne Wheeler

Angie G
01-07-2009, 09:37 AM
My wife has commented a few times that my nails are geting lone Hint Hint. yours look good to me Karren.:hugs:

Patty
01-07-2009, 09:52 AM
I love the look of your nails.
Last weekend I saw my ex wife and she made the remark that they look gross(three weeks of growth) had a Manicure yesterday and love the look.

SherriePall
01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Karren -- You have lovely looking nails. So well manicured. Do them yourself?

Kerrylee61
01-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Well.... it's really the first time I've had them this long.... since I started using Wet N Wild #201 clear matte polish and hardner... They haven't been breaking so I figured I'd grow them out.... and the look pretty good... imho...

My Really accepting wife gets on my case once in a while but not all that bad, just when I get carried away as in quite a bit longer than yours are now. By the way, my wife has NEVER had short nails in the close to 40 years we've been together and I'd have a hissy fit if she cut them.

As for me, I keep mine about as long as yours but squared off as that is the current nail look.

Just to tick you off Girl, my wife even suggests that I go and get mine done in a short french manicure style. How's that for acceptance... Ever wonder why it's called a MANicure????

Hugs Kerry

CD Susan
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Karren, those are not long nails and they are not pointy either! I would not cut them any shorter than they are. Mine are rounded like yours but are also longer too. I have never cared for the squared off look and don't want mine to look like that. But then I don't have a wife that tells me how my nails should look. I guess you will have to do what you have to do to keep peace in the family.

MissConstrued
01-07-2009, 03:18 PM
I think long nails on a guy is creepy.

And I've had compliments on mine from women 20-60 years old. Jealousy, though, rears its ugly head when I tell them what I do for a living...

It is a small concession to make isn't it? for the sake of your marriage or peace in your home. ... Why can't that be good enough for you ?

Sure, for a domineering, control-freak, battle-axe of a wife. What the hell? How many women ask their husband's permission before getting a new hairdo? We may not like the do you come home with, but it's just hair for crying out loud. We don't marry your hair. And why can't she concede the point, for the sake of peace in the home?

Question why you have such a need for control.

And BobbiJ, well said.

Angel.Marie76
01-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Karen - I guess the decision is entirely up to you whether you want to cut them shorter or not depending on your ability to do your job every day paralleled with your Wife's request (read:demand) to trim them. If you are happier with them longer and they don't get in your way, then KEEP 'em!

Over the past three months I've been working to grow my nails longer, putting on either clearcoats or light beige tints, etc., and my GG SO saw them one day and was like 'You are NOT putting those claws ANYWHERE near me, do you understand???' which made me sad, but I understood. (She's a cook, and hers are cut to the quick by default) I had a comment in another thread basically saying how I chose to trim my nails down again because I scratched her accidentialy. Well, they're back to being longer now, and I'm averaging about an eigth of an inch on all rounded/tapered tips, maybe longer, and I couldn't be happier. The SO actually backed off as I've been getting better at living and working with nails again. I'm sure I'll get some comments from others at some point, but at this point I don't care. I'm a typing fool by day, so my only problems are that if I don't want to keep chipping my polish, I need to relearn how to type with the pads of my fingertips... ;)

AmandaM
01-07-2009, 04:14 PM
I just knocked the pointiness of a couple of them down last night and they don't look too bad... At least she didn't notice the many layers of clear polish!

Oh ya, she noticed, don't fool yourself! :2c:

DonnaT
01-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I feel your pain Karren.

When we hold hands, my wife will always feel the tips of my nails to check the length.

Then she'll comment about the time, as in, time to cut them.

Niya W
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Long nails ?? I thought I was going to see some thing longer than mines

Jodi
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Karren, My nails are kept about the same length and style as yours. I get mine profesionally manicured every two weeks.

Jodi

kittypw GG
01-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Sure, for a domineering, control-freak, battle-axe of a wife. What the hell? How many women ask their husband's permission before getting a new hairdo? We may not like the do you come home with, but it's just hair for crying out loud. We don't marry your hair. And why can't she concede the point, for the sake of peace in the home?

Question why you have such a need for control.

And BobbiJ, well said.

Who is being domineering and controling? The wife who justs wants what she signed on for, to be the wife and have a husband, or the husband who wants to run around with long polished fingernails and dress up as a women everytime his wife looks the other way?

If comprimise is not what you seek there is always the option to live alone.
Wive's of cd's have every right to have the marriage that they want also. That can not be accomplished without some comprimise and if a person continually looks upon their partner as controlling and a battle axe...... well they should do their spouse a favor and set them free!!!!

I think you are over simplifying the matter when you try to make the argument that a wife does not have to ask about hair cuts/styles or clothing choices. I beg to differ. In most circumstances women consult with their husbands about cutting long hair if their husbands prefer it. If a wife is married to a professional man her dressing like a teenage hooker would not be looked upon very well by her husband especially in social settings where there may be potential future clients or business generated.

Missconstrued your maleness is showing. :Angry3:

Kitty

charlene#2
01-08-2009, 05:46 AM
karen i think a lot of the girls on this site would love to have nails like yours. they dont look like they have any polish on them.if i could grow them i would like them just a little longer.i recall a time when my wife and i werte camping in upper michigan and my wife wanted to help me with my dressing,she started with some fake nails that she picked up without me knowing.i reaaly liked the look of the nails,looking at them they looked like someone elses hands.maybe one day your wife will have a change of heart and join you in your hobby charlene#2

Keely
01-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Karren I got the same thing last week. Mine were a bit longer than yours though. I filed them back to more like yours and haven't had any more comments. She also didn't say anything about the matte polish on them.

Margot
01-08-2009, 09:26 AM
My son 20 said that my nails look like women's nails and asked why I don't cut them. I just told him eventually they break anyway so why bother. He does not know about my cd'ng. I have them shaped "pointy" about 1/4 inch past my fingertips. One thumbnail broke last week while skiing:sad:
Margot

MissConstrued
01-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Missconstrued your maleness is showing. :Angry3:

Kitty

Thank you. You complain about that after three paragraphs of bitching about wanting a male husband. Can't make up your mind?

And again, your logic falls flat on its face. What does nail length have to do with "the man she married?" You know, maybe I'll apply that. When she puts on 10 pounds, I'll kick her to the curb, 'cuz she's not the "woman I married." How about that?

I already know. You'll scream bloody murder. How dare you divorce your wife for gaining 10 pounds? We've made our point now. You want control over the superficial stuff without being controlled yourself.

And we both know what that means.

beenherelongtime
01-08-2009, 01:22 PM
again, i don't know whether or not your wife is accepting. if she is not then she would be reacting to a male nails that are too long and pointy. if she knows, then she should not tell you how to wear your nails, i think they look nice, nicer that i was ever able to acheive in over 50years of cd'ing. i also do not like the french style, i happened to mention this to my sister new years day, as she has long french nails and had just had them done. i didn't berate her, just mention that i liked rounded, pointed ones better.

Toni_Lynn
01-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Karen

I think we need some family tree research here .. your wife sounds just like my mum and -- horrors -- my ex-wife! aka the wicked witch of the west spelled with a b

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Dawn Marie
01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm with you Karen, I like long and pointy fingernails, but the minute the they start to grow my wife tells me to cut them. Unaccepting wife,knows but does not approve. And she has beautiful nails, gets a manicure every three weeks, but doesn't care if she chips, breaks or ruins the polish on them. Now that gets to me,because I miss going to have my nails done, which I did before we got married.

sissystephanie
01-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Karren you have beautiful nails just the way they are! I have been having a manicure (and pedicure) for many years now because of frequent nail breakage. Since I stared getting them done I have had no problems. I wear mine about the same length as yours, but done in a pale pink! My late wife chose the color! I do get a lot of compliments on my "pretty" nails!:love:

Karren H
01-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks Steph!! I'm not sad I filed them back.. I have to change the timing belt, water pump, oil and replace a coil on the van tommorow so I probably have ripped one or two off anyway!! Lol.

Maria2222
01-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm probably a little late with this comment, but having a wife of my own I'm sure she meant "men (as in normal men) don't have nails that long". I don't keep my nails long, but sometimes I let them get a little long when I'm going to dress and I've gotten similar comments.

Nataliecan
01-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh nice...btw...i do like long nails too...that is so beautifull with nail polish

Edwina
01-10-2009, 04:45 AM
I was in the kitchen with my wife and noticed I had broken a nail. "Darn, I have broken a nail" I said without thinking. This brought a response from my wife to the effect "why don't you just get false nails seeing how obsessed you are with your nails lately?"

Can I take her up on that do you think :D

:love:

Edwina

Emily01
01-10-2009, 06:40 AM
my wife commented on mine the other day since i can only find a glossy nail hardener it was pretty obvious that they've grown out.....she didn't ask that i cut them, in fact she suggested a product she uses for cuticle care.....so my question is this: where do i find Wet N Wild #201 clear matte polish and hardener? i've been to two beauty supply stores and i can't find any matte finished hardener! :sad:

Keely
01-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Emily, I buy it at Walgreens. It goes on a nice matte and shines up just a bit after a day or two.

morgan51
01-10-2009, 08:45 AM
I wear gloves most times for chores learning to work in them takes some pratice I ave had longish acrylics for two years now and would miss them greatly if they had to go. Morgan

Shikyo
01-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Those are nice fingernails, do not cut them. Though I would not call them "pointy". You can show the pic of my nails to your wife and ask if she still thinks that your nails are pointy...

This (http://tukatapo.pp.fi/images/Fan%20011.jpg) is what I'd consider pointy. I've always loved pointy nails(though after I got out of the train and had some blood on them, not mines, I started making the tops little rounder), and I'll always love'em. Plus my wife would kill me if I'd cut them away.

Sam-antha
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
I like sort of pointy long too, but they can get out of one's hands. this one had been cut back before the pic was made. Then they were taken out into the garden.

~Samm

ReineD
01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
My SO has beautiful, strong nails that also grow quickly. Mine are thin, they tear easily, and I cannot grow them to half your length! Gorgeous nail color doesn't look good on my nails because they are so short and ragged half the time. I also work a lot with my hands. It would be nice to have great nails, but it is not a priority at this time in my life.

I often tell my SO I am jealous of her nails, :) but I certainly do not begrudge her for having nicer finger nails than me. I am very happy she can grow them and she doesn't have to rely on acrylics or glue-ons all the time. We each have different assets, and she points out I have better teeth! :D

You know your wife best. But if she is a grown woman like most of the GGs I know, she realizes she has assets you do not have, and she is not jealous of your nails. That would be just too middle-school girlish petty.

I am guessing she made the comment because she does not want others to think her husband is effeminate and her fear caused her to be snappish. I saw a poll on this site sometime last year asking GGs what they fear or dislike most about the CDing. The majority said it was the fear of what other people think, not unlike the reasons that keep CDs closeted. I would imagine if an SO cannot wrap her mind around the CDing, she would be even more concerned about other people's judgments. I am not saying this is right, just that it is a reality. Have you asked her why she made the comment?

My SO met one of my sons a few weeks ago and I must admit I was afraid my son would notice the length of his nails. Not enough to say anything or make an issue of it, but it did cause inner turmoil.

IMO, your nails are very nice and although they look more feminine than the majority of guys' nails, they are not over the top, nor do I think they are too pointy. Filing them straight the way they do in salons would make them look just as feminine since this is the fashion, and nails do not grow perfectly squared off either.

But, it is up to you to decide what is more important. Your nails or your wife's peace of mind. Or maybe the two of you can reach a compromise?

/// EDIT

Ooops, sorry Karen, I just noticed your post saying you've already trimmed them back.
:love:

Hali
01-13-2009, 08:20 PM
I sense some "girl envy" she thinks u are "ultra feminine" women are always threatened by girly-girls.

Angel.Marie76
01-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I've been working to grow my nails out now for a few weeks, you notice that they're not all the same length at this point. Alas, break a nail - trim it down.. and so on.

My SO has commented that, for all intensive purposes, I wasn't allowed to put these claws near her at first. However, and to my benefit, as I've been growing them out, and caring for them more, I'm becoming more conscious of them, being careful around as I'm working and handling things, and as a result, gone as far as giving my GF full backrubs and the like without scratching her (so far.. ;-} ). Though I had to joke with my GG work teammate yesterday as I was going to open a computer up: 'They really don't make computer cases easy to open for people with long nails.. ' hehe.. she didn't skip a beat and chimed right along' "no kidding, I've been fighting just to keep them from breaking ALL the time... " Note: I'm not out at work, but obviously I'm starting to show a little more flair every so often.

ReineD
01-15-2009, 03:19 PM
I sense some "girl envy" she thinks u are "ultra feminine" women are always threatened by girly-girls.
:lame:

Sosoft, I see attitudes like yours a lot here and it never ceases to amaze me. In fact, there were two or three in the beginning of this thread. I can assure you and others who share your feelings that the vast majority of us have enough confidence in ourselves to not be envious over something as trivial as nail length or a pretty dress. And we especially do not feel threatened by CDers since by virtue of your birth physical characteristics, you are not on the same playing field as we are, as sad and unfortunate as this is.

Perhaps the shoe is reversed. Perhaps you and others who make these comments are jealous of not having been born with female physical characteristics, and you project your unhappiness onto GGs? :strugglin

I think your post is disrespectful. It is also not well considered, since very few people fit in the "always" or "never" scenario. Since you have not posted very much in this forum, I felt it best to address my comment to you so you can improve your chances of getting positive responses to your posts in the future. :)

In terms of finding a more likely reason for Karen's SOs comment, please read the majority of the posts in this thread.

Christina Horton
01-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Hay Karren I have had painted nails since Aug 9th of last year. I had Acrilic nails since holloween and right now there painted bright pink. untill I painted them brite pink No man ever said any thing about them . Since I painted them brite pink I have have about 20 men comment on them , and no one has said anything bad about them.

I thought of something that all you girls could say to people if they look at them. You paint them pink and tell them it's cuz you want people to be aware of brest cancer. After all pink is the color for that campain for breast cancer awareness. Tell them that you want to help the out and this is a good way to do it. I don't care if people don't like it , I don't care if they think I'm gay. I paint my nails for me not any one else. so if you all like this idea try it and tell us how it goes. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

JennyII23
01-17-2009, 01:02 AM
That's what my wife just said.... She was trying to figure out the new washer and asked for my help.... I came over and started pushing buttons and she then noticed my long, nicely manicured nails....

She said "cut those nails.... those are long... even for a woman... and pointy! No one wears pointy any more... they trim them straight"

I said "I like them pointie!! and long.... " she just looked at me and did the eye roll thing....

So you think that she ment I could keep them long if I file them flatter or cut them off completely?

BTW.... she has never had long nails.... ever.....

Too funny I relate as my GF when were shopping ,in the womens dept she say's ,your not getting them put them back rolls here eyes too ,they look to fem , I hold my head down and put them back :( jk,but get a generic pair uasually Levis 545 low cut 550 or 515 she goes along with gen clothes underwear too bakini cut no wild colors shirts and coats good ol girl tomboy tho hehehe,think I keep her, she's taller than me 6ft ,I don't mess with her :heehee: ,we hitchen up after 8 yrs ,Elvis doin it on da strip April..should be fun I ask her, still want too ,knowing ME...heck she is a trooper....Oh by the way she I don't think has noticed my nails about 1/3 less than yours ,another week I get the eye roll, and "Get rid of them Nails :)

luvSophia
01-19-2009, 02:03 PM
My wife said the same thing "Cut those nails". But it was because I've been keeping them long and rounded, she says the fashion is squoval. She's always complaining that I'm too old fashioned and out of date in my tastes. I find though that if I keep them squared off with just the edges rounded that they're a lot more prone to catching on things and ripping. I may go back to somewhat more rounded and not worry about what's "fashionable".

Olivia2
01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Karen,
IMHO, the nails in your picture are exactly the length and style that I think looks great for manicured nails. What your wife was saying to you may be something different than simply fashion advice. I think squared off nails look a bit garish, to me.

Lotte L
01-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Dear Kim,

In Germany they say "was sich liebt das neckt sich" that means "only the ones who loves you will thell you the througth".

So be lucky with your wife, she knows and gives you enough room to be Karren.

Lotte

Goddess
01-23-2009, 01:54 PM
I am a GG and and I am accepting of Katrina. BUT, when she dresses like a man, she looks like a freaking coke dealer. I would prefer that she have long, manly, squared off nails. She has nice hands and nails, but she has to pass in everyday society. Although I accept her as she is, my family, kids and society are not ready for it yet.

DebbieThomas
01-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Karen your nails are lovely and not really that long.

now mine on the other hand are lol yes they are real.
I get the "when are you going to cut them" from friends mostly from other guys. would think after 34 years of having long nails ppl would get use to seeing them on me but sadly it hasnt happen yet. Ladies reactions "oh my god how in the world can you grow them so long, they cant be real!" lol
more pics here http://www.flickr.com/groups/tgirlswithlongnails/