PDA

View Full Version : High Expectations?

Rachaelb64
01-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Ok, before I start, please any GG's here please don't take offence, this just an observation and is not to be taken too seriously :)

So here goes, a group of us (mixed male/female) was having a conversation about life, love and relationships in general. Now that I'm single again, I started fishing (non-too seriously) about what a woman wants (there were a couple of women around my age who are single)

Some of the conversation was a bit rude to say the least, funny and interseting. However, one bit stuck, one of the older girls said she want a bloke with no emotional baggage or skeletons in the closet, which I replied any person with who reaches their 40s with no emotional baggage or skeletons is either a liar or a saint and its how a persons deals with their emotional baggage better

At this pointer one the younger girls ask what my skeleton was to which I replied I dress up at the weekend in womans clothes, since most of them know I've got a odd sense of humour none took seriously (well no one approched me yet) and this just sent the chat into another direction :)

The point of all this, that maybe we all are looking for too high expections in a potentional partner, just a though :)

Karren H
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Well I guess if you assume you will never ever find someone and you do!!! You've exceeded you expectations by 100%!!

DonnaT
01-07-2009, 05:13 PM
And none of the males in attendance made any comments either?

Sammy777
01-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Interesting.

Does being the second gunmen on the grassy knoll count as a skeleton? lol :lol2:

I don't have any skeletons in my closet,
And if I did you couldn't find them under all of my [female] clothes. :lol:

SherylynJade
01-07-2009, 11:54 PM
You're the second?! I was always looking for you, I was the guy in the sewer.:devil:
Hmm, don't know what skeletons I would tell. I have so many in my closet, I have to get a mourge operatiors license every year just to stay legal.

Alice Torn
01-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Good thread! EXPECTATIONUS ADDICTIVUS! So true. The whole dating game is a recipe for divorce, or breakup. If we could all, as singles, just take off the Superman, and Superwoman costumes, and be real, the good, bad, and the ugly, early in a friendship, not expecting perfection, nor pretending perfection, but being open and honest, without putting on the false self, we singles would be dating more, maybe in love. Everybody has baggage! I kind of wish the whole society, was more like an AA, or Codependants Anonynous meeting, where people can be real. No person is without baggage, and issues! Expectations are setups, for disappointment. Thanks for the thread Rachel.

Rachaelb64
01-08-2009, 07:05 AM
And none of the males in attendance made any comments either?

Not really, my work crowd are use to me saying 'odd' things, I'm the one who comes out with the obscure facts, drops the conversation into the gutter and beyond :)

I once won a bet of free drinks by walking in pair of size 6(uk) heels, after I made a comment about being easy to walk in, mind you the kill my toes :D

There is only one guy, and he is gay, who I think has guessed sort of but has never said anything. He gives me a 'knowing look' every time I make a comment about crossdressing. Unfortunately when we are together we bring the wrose out in each other (in a nice way) :devil:

Btw after wining the bet, my gay friend commented that I made that look too easy :)

Angie G
01-08-2009, 10:17 AM
I guess sometimes you just can't out yourself hun.:hugs:
Angie

JoAnne Wheeler
01-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Is crossdressing considered "emotional baggage" ?
JoAnne Wheeler

valenstein
01-08-2009, 10:39 AM
which I replied any person with who reaches their 40s with no emotional baggage or skeletons is either a liar or a saint and its how a persons deals with their emotional baggage better

That's the real point, everyone has baggage. It's when your baggage is constantly falling off the roof of your car spilling contents all over the freeway of life that makes one so unappealing.

beenherelongtime
01-08-2009, 01:03 PM
does point out that people are not as shocked, when told, as we think they might be

Nigella
01-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Relationships are built over a long time. I have been with my SO 22 years, and apart from the crossdressing am a totally different person to the one she met all them years ago.

I started out with no expectations, accepting Sandra for who she was, and I assume she did the same with me. Even in our 22 years together we have picked up emotional baggage, but now it is a shared suitcase.

So for all those who are looking, dont put expectations in the way, just go with the flow, life is less complicated that way.

Sammy777
01-09-2009, 06:40 AM
You're the second?! I was always looking for you, I was the guy in the sewer.:devil:

Ah! We meet again C.S.M., lol

If Mulder only knew :lol2: