PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

kymberlyjean
01-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I had the most awesome New Years Eve!!

It started about mid-morning when my aunt called and asked if she could borrow my truck for the day to go pick up some furniture in Ft. Worth. Awesome! That means I get to use her car and the most apprehensive part about me going out is being spotted in my truck!! (I have specialty plates and a few stickers that make it unique). After swapping vehicles I got ready as quick as I could and did my best at somewhere between everyday makeup and something nice for picture taking because first thing on my agenda was to go to the DPS office in Ft. Worth and have my ID made!! In Texas you are allowed to have a Driver's License and a State ID card and the pictures don't have to match. Furthermore, there was a statewide directive in 2003 that no-one can be denied having their picture taken for and ID or license simply by wearing a wig and makeup, which was previously considered a disguise. From the press release: "The photograph should reflect the appearance of the person they represent themselves to be in daily life. So if someone is male but presenting themselves as female, that's how we will take their photograph." If you are interested, you can read the entire article here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transgendernews/message/2740?l=1
So back to my story. I decided on jeans and wanted something with a little bit of color so I went with a low cut, bright pink cami and electric blue blouse. I called to make sure I was taking all the necessary documents and the lady on the phone said if I had a valid license that would be sufficient. I did not however, mention anything about being a crossdresser, tg or dressing en femme. Before long I was out the door and on the road with just my license and credit cards in my purse. Here's a quick picture I snapped with my phone while sitting at a red light.
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/61/l_cd9d89508b2f4392af4099b1ad022984.jpg

I arrived at the DPS and walked right in the door. There were probably 30 people of so in the waiting area. I walked up to the counter and told the lady I needed to get an ID. She asked me several questions like if I've ever had a Texas ID before, was my license valid, did I have any out of state IDs etc. She asked for my license and before handing it to her I said "Sure, but I look a little different now". Then she asked if I had something else to verify my identity, a passport, social security card, birth cerificate, etc. No, No, Nothing. I was told I didn't need anything else, so I didn't bring anything else. (I never have understood the whole birth cert or SS card thing because those can probably be faked or passed of as yours if they are not a lot easier than a state photo ID) She looked at me and the license and me again, gave me a number, my license and form to fill out and said to get in line when they call my number. Something that may have helped me along is that my first name really is Kim from birth, so that's already whats on my license. I was number 4 and they were somewhere in the 80's. I stood at a table and filled out the from with about half a dozen other people. Still no problems. I quietly sat in the waiting area until my number was called, but then I still had to stand in a line of about 8 or 10 people in a little cattle chute heading up to the counter. When it was finally my turn, I handed the lady my license and application and told her I was there for an ID. She also asked if I had anything else to verify my ID, but my answers were the same as before. She seemed a tiny bit put off, but that could have just been because she was an underpaid state employee working on New Year's Eve. Without saying a word she got up with my license and app and walked one way to the back, I presume to check with someone else. While she was gone, some of the other employees were walking back and forth behind the counter going about their business and just smiling as they walked past. My lady came walking back, but walked on by as she said she had to go make a copy of my license to put with the application. When she returned she put everything into the computer and asked for $15. I handed her over the cash and got the left thumb-print, right thumb print on the scanner and was told to stand behind the line. The hardest part of the whole deal was refraining from having a smile as big as the State of Texas itself from the joy, endorfins, and adrenalin that was now pumping thorough my veins. I didn't want to look like a dork so I managed the best natural smile that I could and *flash* The lady said "Great!" with a little bit of inflection in her voice. She handed me the temporary ID and said I shoud get my permanent card in the mail in about 3 or 4 weeks. Awesome! As I was walking out the only thing a little skewed about the whole adventure was the puzzled look on the gentleman's face that held the door open for me...another thing I love about Texas: manners!
I can't wait for the three or four weeks for my new card to get here. I've never had a problem writing a check or using a credit card in the past, but to have a state issued femme ID is going to make me feel just awesome!!

After leaving there I went around the corner to a day spa to inquire about some services I am interested in before leaving on a cruise next month. The lady there was most helpful and absolutely comfortable talking to me and telling me all the information I asked for and more. She told me to call any time, gave me a card with their number and web address to make sure I could get in touch. I headed to a Sally Beauty Supply nearby and picked up some essentials before heading to the mall. I only had about two hours before they closed, but that was more than enough time. My first stop was Bath and Bodyworks. It was absolutely crazy in there since they were having a sale. I managed to snag some of the last Japanese Cherry Blossom stuff and check out without getting toppled by the fray!
I went to Macy's and inquired about tattoo cover with no luck and then stopped in at Victoria's Secret. I got the cutest bra an panty set on sale and didnt have any problems at all in the long line for the dressing room, the crowds around the table, or the checkout. I stopped in some other places such as Sears, the Disney Store, and, Clair's the Mac Counter bofere it was getting time to close. Well the mall was winding down but I certainly wasn't!
I headed out and scanned all the signs for something that looked inviting, I wanted a drink to celebrate my earlier triumph at the DPS office. Just across the highway from the mall was a TGI Fridays. After searching for a parking spot I headed in the front door and made my way to the bar. There were about a dozen other people in the bar area when I went in and sat down at a corner with empty seats on either side of me. The room didn't get quiet.....the music didn't stop....nobody turned and stared, just the cute little bartender looked of and said "Hey Baby, what can I get ya?" I asked for a Mojito and she was off making it in a flash. After getting my drink I just watched the other patrons and the TV, sipping on my drink and soaking in the moment. About halfway throught the drink, the girl behind the bar asked if I wanted a Frozen Mango Margarita. Thoughts of some guy sending me a drink went racing though my head until she said they screwed up the order and had to re-make it so it was free if I wanted it. Well I said sure and she brought it over to me. She asked my name and told me hers and we made a little other small talk before she took off to tend to other customers. Since I was now facing two drinks and having a great time, I decided I was staying a while. A few more people trickled as I sat there people watching and sipping on my drink as the time passed by. After a long while I ordered another mojito and some grilled quesadillas. While I was waiting for my order, the bartender told me she had a huge case of hair envy because mine looked so perfect and she was not having a good hair day. We made a little more small talk, she asked about my plans for the rest of the night. Soon after my food arrived I was surrounded at the bar, still no one giving me any extra attention. Well after about 3 and a half hours total, I needed to head back so I could clean up and return my aunt's car at a decent time. After paying out and a quick visit to the ladies room I was on my way home. I had to stop and put some gas in the car and run into Wal-Mart real quick, both of which were uneventful.
Its hard to believe I got my picture taken for an ID and spent the better half of the evening on New Years Eve all dressed up. I hope 2009 brings many more great adventure for me as well as all you girls out there wishing you could get out.

Hugs,
Kim

Manda
01-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Kim what awonderful New Years Eve I only hope my outing is as wonderful as yours:)

SherriePall
01-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Kim -- Are we going to see your state-issued ID card? Just kidding. Hope it turned out better than any of my licenses have. If you look half as good on the ID as you do in the cell phone photo, you have an ID card of a very lovely looking lady. Glad you had a good New Year's Eve at Fridays (especially with that bartender).

Ashley_1962
01-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Kim, what a wonderful way to start to the New Year! Love the picture of you in the car - you look fantastic!

One question I have is.. what happens if you get pulled over in 'drab'? That will be an interesting discussion with the cop when they look at your pic (I guess it's no different than the current situation if they pulled you over while dressed 'en femme'...maybe they should start issueing licenses with 2 pics.. boy mode and girl mode :)?

Anyhow - great story.. and thanks for sharing.. :)

Kim_Bitzflick
01-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Kim,

I'm so jealous. Your picture in the car is AWSOME! Where can I get cleavage like that? I'm glad you had a great day.

Kim

GINA-CD
01-07-2009, 07:51 PM
When I looked at how long your story was I thought twice before reading it but then I thought I might learn something. Boy am I glad of having read it. I'm smiling now because you had a great day and yes, your pic in the car is awesome.
Thanks for sharing.

kymberlyjean
01-07-2009, 09:21 PM
To answer the above questions:

The ID card is separate from my driver's license. Texas allows you to have both, and the pictures don't have to be the same. I can use "Kim's" ID card for using credit cards or checking into hotels etc, and the "Dude" driver's license for driving (obviously) and everything when I'm out en drab.

The cleavage is simple. I use a nubra (a sticky bra) to pull everything I have to the center. It works just as the advertise it to for a gg. Then a regular bra and breast forms over the top of that. Enhance with some highlighting and proudly display via you favorite low cut top!

StacyCD
01-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Does your femme name on your ID match your male name on the driver's license? Getting a credit card with a femme name (different from your male name) should not be difficult. However, most states don't take kindly to different names on IDs.

SexxxyDJ
01-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi there Kim. I think your look was pulled off to perfection. I would not know you were not a GG if you hadn't told us on this forum. Lucky you. Hope you have a great time on your cruise. :hugs:

JoAnne Wheeler
01-08-2009, 09:30 AM
KIM - what a wonderful way to spend New Year's Eve - I wish that my State had an ID law like Texas
JoAnne Wheeler

Jenna1561
01-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi Kim,

Which DPS office did you use? I've had great success in the Lewisville office.

Jenna

txrobinm
01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Well you told us the other night, but your writing adds excitement to it for me! Great story- I'm glad you put it on here.

Have a great cruise if I don't see you beforehand.

~~Robin

Patty
01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Love your story and what a great pic-you look so lovely

kymberlyjean
01-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Stacy,
The names on the both the DL and the ID card are exactly the same. If your name is "Bubba" then you would have an ID card with a femme picture, marked "male" and "Bubba Smith" for the name.