PDA

View Full Version : "Dad, Did you shave your legs?"

StaceyJane
01-07-2009, 07:23 PM
This afternoon my 18 yr old daughter had a question for me while I was driving her to work.
"Dad, Did you shave your legs?"
"Yeah, I never did like the way my hairy feet looked so I started shaving them. Then I decided to see what the rest of my legs would like like."
My daughter smiles for a moment.
"you should try waxing them"
"I don't think I'm ready for that"
and that was the whole conversation.
I think it went pretty well.

Jenna1561
01-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Sweet! That was a great little starter conversation. The future looks good.

Jenna

CharleneT
01-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I think your daughter doesn't have a problem with your legs and thinks you ought to do it "right", at least in how she sees it. You are lucky !

Karren H
01-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Maybe she can help you with makeup next!! lol

Rachel Morley
01-07-2009, 09:03 PM
"Dad, Did you shave your legs?" ..... My daughter smiles for a moment."you should try waxing them"
Hi Stacey,

Your post made me smile as that's what happened to me. Ok, it wasn't my daughter, it was two of my GG friends. It happened about 10 years ago before I was married. It was summer time and there was a group of us around another friend's house (a guy) for a BBQ, and I shaved my legs, put fake tan on them, and wore short denim shorts. These two GGs saw my legs and said to me the exact same thing your daughter did. There was surprise that I shaved my legs, and then they encouraged me to have a full leg wax instead. :D I felt slightly embarrassed at first (GGs seem to notice everything, the guys never even mentioned it) and then happiness that they were encouraging me to take it further :) It feels great doesn't it?

StacyCD
01-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Since your daughter brought it up, I think you should take her up on it. It certainly seems like she's accepted your shaved legs!

vikki2020
01-08-2009, 12:13 AM
I have a 14 yr old daughter that seems to notice everything!I shrug it off, and she just laughs,and we'll keep it at that for now!

linnea
01-08-2009, 01:20 AM
I've been shaving my legs for quite awhile, but no one has particularly noticed until this summer by my eighteen-year-old niece was staying with us and she saw me walking around the backyard in a T-shirt and men's swimming trunks. I had just applied some bronzing suntan lotion and my legs were looking pretty smooth and silky. And they were very tan. She was quite impressed apparently as she mentioned it to my wife. Neither one of them seemed to have a problem with it, but no one suggested waxing.

Kelli Michelle
01-08-2009, 04:11 AM
My 13 yr. old daughter will probably say the same to me (when its warm enough for her to see my legs). Your post made me laugh as well. I agree----it's a good start! :heehee:

Laurie909
01-08-2009, 05:05 AM
I agree with her. "you should try waxing them"

smart girl!

Chari
01-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Since your daughter has suggested you "wax your legs", maybe ask her where she goes to have hers waxed and make an appointment to have yours done at the same time.

Angie G
01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
My Granddaughters friend asked me that once I just said sometimes and that was it. Sounds like you have a cool daughter hun.:hugs:
Angie

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Girls notice evrything and boys notice nothing, at least thats my opinion. I shave my legs all the time, and my wife says they are always smoother than hers. My kids have never seen them shaved but will some day and when that happens I'll let them know that I just don't like hairy legs.

2b.Lauren
01-08-2009, 11:25 AM
My daughter has noticed that I shave my legs, but she also knows that I formerly was a semi-pro bike racer. I have been shaving them for a very very long time. I stopped for awhile when I stopped racing but then got back into both for a short time and never stopped shaving. I need to ride again for many reasons not just limited to shaving, like my weight!

She loves it when I have just recently shaved my legs. She is 15 and very jealous of how well I shave in comparison to her. She always complains about how "soft and well I shave them. No knicks, or cuts and all the hair is gone DAD! How do you do that so well she comments. As she runs her hand from my knee to ankle. I just giggle at her and ask if she really wants to get help with that and she says No I JUST WANT YOUR LEGS!" Then she leaves it alone til the next time I shave and the conversation continues.

Laura Evans
01-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Had a similar experience a couple of years back with my gf's oldest daughter. It was springtime wearing shorts when she noticed the shaved legs she did not say anything to me but quietly asked her mother if I was shaving my legs, she was told that I did and nothing more was said. Later in the day her mother let the other daughters know that I shaved my legs to keep them from asking questions also. Never heard more on the subject but honestly I would have preferred the interaction and suggestions you received.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Does your daughter suspect that you CD ? This little episode may open the door for further talks
JoAnne Wheeler

beenherelongtime
01-08-2009, 12:55 PM
good for you, how are you going to explain the arms and chest.

StaceyJane
01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Now I wonder what my daughter would say if she found out I was trying on her makeup. (my wife hardly ever wears makeup)
Last year in that same car in front of her high school my daughter and I had another very important conversation. She fought through her fear and tears and came out as a lesbian. I told her I loved her and everything was going to be alright.
(besides I had suspected it anyway)
It turned out to be a good moment of trust between us. Soon she came out to my wife and we have tried to be as accepting as we can.
Maybe I can learn something from my daughter.

cindym5_04
01-08-2009, 01:50 PM
That's awesome!!

I have girls on my soccer team that have said "do you shave your legs or are they naturally smooth?" I tell them that it's not only my legs and that I shave everywhere, because i truly hate body hair. That's actually true though...

janet1234
01-08-2009, 01:56 PM
that elude me, my legs have always been largely hairless. Makes me happy since I have no leg issues.

lauraabdl
01-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Have been shaving my legs for over a year now. SO is so so on the issue. But this last summer I was at a party at my son's house and he asked me if I shaved my legs as I was wearing shorts and it was obvious to me anyways. I said yes and nothing further has been said.
Laura:)

Emma England
01-09-2009, 09:27 AM
It is now acceptable for guys to lose body hair.

Hairy legs and chests are SO 1970's!

CharlotteW
01-09-2009, 03:13 PM
My 11 year old daughter has noticed my hairless legs and she approves. She has also noticed my extra smooth ankles and asked "Dad, are you wearing tights?". I told her they were socks, like for wearing under normal socks to keep extra warm on the motorbike. She wasn't happy and asked if I could wear tights instead becasue "they would look nice". I jokingly mentioned it to my wife whilst our daughter was present, I said "******** wants me to wear tights darling (hahahahaha)"...wife said "no".

Crazy thing is, my daughter thinks my ear-ring is a bit girlie:heehee:

Lorileah
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Definitely WAX! or even better use a sugar as I think it hurts less. I can go about a month now between really getting rid of the hair but being blond I have an advantage anyway. My MIL asked me several summers ago if I shaved. I told her everyday and twice on Sunday. It was a lie though I never have shaved, always wax or sugaring. I think she suspects though because she asked if I had any red lipstick she could have. :heehee:

cindym5_04
01-09-2009, 04:05 PM
According to my mom and sister "REAL MEN" have hair on their chest and legs.

Kelli Michelle
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I have gone to the community pool with legs shaved but am usually in the water. My son did ask once if I shaved my arms, and I mumbled something silly like "oh, my hair always thins in the winter, doesn't yours?" I also mentioned when you get a little older ones hair tends to thin. My wife does not support me in this, though, and while she is nervously not fighting my shaving (other than to complain here and there) she is terrified (understatement) that my children ( 18 and 13) will find out I am a CD. Heaven forbid!! :brolleyes:

Bernadina
01-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd be very very afraid. Next she'll want to borrow your skirts...and you'll never see them again.

Kelsy
01-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I'd be very very afraid. Next she'll want to borrow your skirts...and you'll never see them again.

Now ain't that the truth!:heehee:

Kelsy

Nataliecan
01-09-2009, 09:15 PM
i use an electric epilator...but the first time i did use wax

KandisTX
01-10-2009, 12:17 PM
My 13 year old daughter knows I CD, and she knows I shave my legs. Hell, it was ME that taught her how to shave hers :)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Darla L
01-10-2009, 01:28 PM
A couple of years ago my wife and I had gone out of town and I was dressed most of the weekend. I trimmed my arm hair. After we had been home a couple of days our then 17 yr old daughter asked me about them. I told her that I did and nothing more was said. A couple of days later she noticed my shaved legs and asked why I had shaved them. I told her because I wanted to. That is all that was said.

JoanneB
01-10-2009, 02:46 PM
I used to shave my legs only in the winter,but several years ago I began to keep them shaved all of the time. I have worn shorts and nobody has said anything to me about them. When my wife sees stubble on them she tells me that I need to shave them-nicely of course.

Joanne

Sam-antha
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
This afternoon my 18 yr old daughter had a question for me ......

"Dad, Did you shave your legs?"
.........."you should try waxing them"

Was she perhaps taking pity on you, with all those bloodstains on the carpet ?