PDA

View Full Version : Changes in your thinking while dressed

Sheila
01-08-2009, 04:13 AM
was looking through some of the old threads today (am bored:heehee:) and the two threads below got me thinking (hard to believe I do that sometimes I know :heehee:), and got to wondering if the desire/temptation to transistion is stronger when in either mode and if so which. Or does it depend on the stress levels at the time, I know for some there is no choice and I do not want to make light of that, but this is for those who are not quite so sure, is the desire/dream stronger at different times.

okay will try again to reword this right ................ Does being dressed cause you to have a stronger desire to transition, not that you will follow through, but just that the yearn is there more so than before

Thanks to posters 2 & 3 I realised I had fogged the original meaning of my question ..... hope I have clarified it somewhat

Personality Changes with Crossdressing (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1523800&postcount=1)

Tempted to go all the way? (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1481641&postcount=1)

DanaR
01-08-2009, 04:26 AM
I came to the realization years ago that I would never become a girl. For the most part, my wife has been very supportive of me. She never had to say it, but I know if I ever decided to transition, it would be without her. We have three daughters, that are grown and on their own. Of the three only the oldest has ever seen me dressed, the middle one has forgot about me (when it come to crossdressing). The youngest was the one that had the hardest time about this issue, but has talked to me a bit about it, I think that has become a little more tolerate about it.

We have one granddaughter, from our middle daughter and her mother would never let her see me if I were to transition.

I guess that my family is more important to me than this idea. I have the latitude to dress whenever I feel like it, so I try not to punish myself with thinking thoughts that aren't realistic.

Deborah Jane
01-08-2009, 06:57 AM
The urge to dress comes and goes, sometimes when it is there, the desire to be "Debs" becomes very strong, normally for short periods, but then after a few hours it dissapears again.
I know i,ll never transistion or even go 24/7 simply because i enjoy my guy side too much to want to give it up.
At the end of the day i,m happy as i am..A guy who likes to be girly sometimes.
I enjoy being Debs, but i enjoy being a guy too!! :)

When i,m dressed as Debs, the desire to stay girly is often very strong and sometimes i,m reluctant to go back to my guy side again, i wouldn,t say i,d want to transistion full time, but i,d like to stay as a girl for much longer periods.
Once i,ve gone back into guy mode again, those desires tend to go until the next time i dress!!

Sarah...
01-08-2009, 07:06 AM
My desire to transition seems to be with me all the time, whether dressed or not. It seems to have been there since I was about 12. It's such a strong need but obviously not strong enough for me to risk my family or business in order to do it. There have been recent discussions in our house though about making another radical change in our lives to accommodate this need. We've made big, risky changes before, we could do it again. Will not do anything that puts pressure on my family though. I've more or less lived through it this far, I can carry on.

I wake up, it's there. I got to bed it's there.

Sarah...

Rachaelb64
01-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Yes, no, maybe!

I would like to her perment breast, if I could get away with it.

But to go all the way sometimes I feel I'm just too old these days to bother..... :)

Mollyanne
01-08-2009, 07:26 AM
When I am dressed or even partially dressed I dream of being the woman that lives deep within me!!!!!!! When I see my reflection in one of my mirrors I can see that "never to be accomplished" dream looking back at me w/sadness in her eyes.
If I ever did go forward w/transitioning I would lose everything that I have come to cherish in my life. But here is the other side of "the coin", if given the chance to transition in my early 20's would I do it; YOU BET, ABSOLUTELY, IN A NEW YORK MINUTE!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

StacyCD
01-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Dressing is a part-time thing for me so the only way I would 'transition' is with a magical button that would let me change back and forth. I don't feel that I'm a woman trapped in a man's body but rather that I am a man with some feminine aspects.

bgirl
01-08-2009, 09:34 AM
It used to be that when dressed I had different thoughts. I tried to seperate my two selfs. But as I accepted being a transgender person, the clothes were not necessary to have those thoughts. Being dressed and made-up is very much something that is a part of my life when I have the time. The thoughts are free to be what they are regardless of how I present.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-08-2009, 10:28 AM
YES - dressing does change my way of thinking to some degree - I do not want SRS and am content to be a CDer
JoAnne Wheeler

suchacutie
01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
The wide range of views in this forum has helped me to realize that I want to exist in both genders. That realization implies that when Tina appears, he is as gone as possible. It's true that the breast are silicone and temporary, that the hair has to be removed often, that the boys have to be tucked away, but those things have become part of the process, the ritual, of mentally changing from 'him' to 'her'.

Wrapped up with this ritual change is the need for Tina to have her own 'life'. By that I mean that it's not just the same existance continuing on with a body now presenting as a woman, but a person who is truly different and has a different view of life. There are some abilities both he and she have in common, but she does things he would never think of doing (watching chick flicks, for example as he just hates them!), she is left handed while he is right handed, she pays much more attention to details, she will listen to her girlfriend (his wife) and when there's an issue to solve while he tries to solve it she just helps her gf talk about it, etc. Tina has really worked hard to 'become', mentally, as much of a girl as possible.

So, how does that define "transition"? We feel that we are separating into two people, and my gf definitely finds it easier seeing us that way. Another example is voice. I must admit I felt a bit uneasy with changing voices, but now I realize that it's a plus in that one more bastion of "sameness" has been blown away.

Yes, it's true that I believe we will never again 'transition' to only one gender. Yet, in our minds, when we change from one gender to the other, to goal is truly one of transition, regardless of how long that one gender will be the 'ruling' gender. I really don't want my male self to be suddenly female. Likewise, I don't want my female self to have a maleness associated with her. And yes, it is a royal pain to try to maintain both genders like this with such a breadth of separation, but that's the way it is!

So, with that explanation, our answer to the initial question is that when we are en femme, we do feel the desire to be as feminine as possible...to have transitioned and to stay transitioned for the expected time, whatever that may be. Being able to change from one to the other is exciting, in both directions.

Tina et al.

Kate Simmons
01-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Actually Hon, the deeper I got into things, the more I thought "What was I thinking?" Being ready to assume another set of feelings is an awesome task and responsibility but that is what I did. I took everything down to the bare wire and worked from the ground up, so to speak. Now that the feelings are integrated, I'm totally content to just be myself.:)

Kelli Michelle
01-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I definitely think about it (possible transitioning) more when dressed, though it's more of a fantasy than reality, as far as total transitioning. I do think about breast augmentation, but definitely not "all the way. " I also find myself a little more appreciative of males, though I have no "real" interest in them either dressed or not.