PDA

View Full Version : Buried in a dress?

Stephanie Kay
01-09-2009, 10:38 AM
My wife surprised me during our morning walk in the snow today! I told her about Karren Hutton's "Gone but how will you be remembered?" thread. Since I do not have a secret stash of anything, she knows everything about Stephanie. I told her that when I died I might like to be buried in my best, most feminine dress and undies. She told me that that would be OK with her!!!!!:eek: We even had some fun with it!! She suggested that if we had a viewing at a wake that I could perhaps wear a skirt & nylons and heels and a male shirt & tie since only the upper half of the coffin is usually open. Talk about underdressing!?!?!?

She also mentioned that most deceased people have make-up applied for a viewing so what's the big deal?? She even said that, if I wanted, I could be fully dressed in my Stephanie clothes with full female make-up & wig. She would be OK with that too!!:eek:! Wow!!

She even suggested that I should think about coming back in our next lives with me as a woman and her as a man, as long as we could meet and fall in love again :hugs:!! Isn't that sweet!!??

But finally we decided that since we hardly ever see viewings of the body at wakes anymore (at least where we live) and besides we have always talked about being cremated, that of course I could wear anything I wanted when the time comes!!! :eek: What a gal!!:love: So, I am going do this!! Having not beeen able to come into the world like I wanted, at least I could go out looking the way I always thought I should!!:daydreaming:

So those of you who are not keeping a secret about your CDing, have you thought about this? What do you think? Would you want to be buried? cremated? whatever? in a dress?

Love,
Stephanie

Cassia-Marie
01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
That is sooooo amazingly sweet of your wife. You're both very lucky to have each other.

Unfortunately, I'm still closeted but I hope and pray that I can have a conversation like this with my wife some day. As Buddhists, both my wife and I wish to be cremated and, really, I haven't given any thought to how I want to be dressed. I guess I always assumed that you're naked when they cremate you. I'll have to work on coming out and dressing while I'm still alive before I can really concentrate on how I'll be dressed when I'm gone. You and Karren definitely got me thinking, though!

Ashley Lyn
01-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Stephanie, you have quite the loving wife there.. We should all be so lucky!:) Actually, I have an understanding wife, so the idea is not far-fetched...

My previous wife, who died unexpectedly, knew of my desire to be dressed (anything feminine would do) when I die, and since cremation was our choice, I picked a 'lady' Funeral Director on purpose... Silly as it seems, I want a real GG to "dress me up, and send me on my way"!:o

It just "seems right"...:D

(I haven't presented this to my current SO, but I think she'll be understanding).. Better let her know soon, just in case..:straightface:

Stephanie Kay
01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
....I picked a 'lady' Funeral Director on purpose... Silly as it seems, I want a real GG to "dress me up, and send me on my way"!:o
It just "seems right"...:D

Ashley, what a great idea. I will be sure to keep this in mind when I make the actual plans!!:battingeyelashes:

Love,
Stephanie

DameErrant
01-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Just recently it occured to me that I might want to be buried in a Wedding Gown, since as part of the Bride of Christ I would be going to meet my Bridegroom. My wife said she would rather give me the Viking Funeral that I used to talk about. (Too many viewings of Beau Gest I conjure.) But she said that she would think about it if we have a closed casket furneral. Don't want to push her too hard.

By the way, both of us want to be cremated, not stuck in the cold wet ground.

MarcieM
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Geeez what a weird and morbid thread this is...

Tina B.
01-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I always figured that was the time to try one last purge, maybe that one would stick!;)

Sammy777
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
My wife said she would rather give me the Viking Funeral that I used to talk about.

Hey now, nothing wrong with a good old fashioned Viking funeral, lol.

I often refer to giving things a Viking funeral when they have lived long & served me well, lol

JoAnne Wheeler
01-09-2009, 01:26 PM
I stated earlier today in a post that I want to be buried in my finest fem attire and wig and and makeup
JoAnne Wheeler

Melinda G
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I would never do that to my family. It's not always about "us"!

PamelaTX
01-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Given the choice i'd rather live in a dress than be buried in one. :battingeyelashes:

DonnaT
01-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I'd rather my dresses be able to live on without me.

cdmindymi
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow that is such a cool idea, I had never thought of that. My wife and I both want to be cremated, she told me that she was going to use my ashes for kitty litter..... she so sweet.....lol

KateLongman27
01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Buried in a dress?

Hmm...now this is an interesting thought! You have to be shaved though. Hmm.. buried in a strapless dress? but what kind of dress? Options are a bit endless colour of wig, length..

Kate Simmons
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I guess if we are trying to prove a point with our death Stephanie. Otherwise it has nothing to do with the essense of who we are (or were).:)

Angie G
01-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Cremated fully dressed I'd love it would that go into the spirit world with me. And I 'd love the coming back thin as the other sex and be together.:hugs:
Angie

Christinedreamer
01-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Well since I am willing my body to either a med school or the Univ of Tenn. body farm it would make for an interesting discovery when they planted me.

Karren H
01-09-2009, 06:27 PM
My loved ones can dress me up in a clowns outfit if it helps ease their pain.. I could care less sonce I'm dead..

SherriePall
01-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Stephanie -- Congratulations on reaching that agreement with your wife. I know my wife would rather see me dead than dressed, so I don't know about her seeing me dressed dead! Unless, of course, I'm dead because she saw me dressed.

sandra-leigh
01-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Buried in a dress?

Hmm...now this is an interesting thought! You have to be shaved though.

If there was anything to that old myth about hair growing after death, then surely I would end up with a post-mortum 5-o'clock shadow. :doh: