PDA

View Full Version : Going to Walmart

JoAnnDallas
06-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Yesterday, my mother, sister, neice, and I went to the local Walmart. My neice and I went one way and my sister and mother went another. My neice needed some things for her up coming school trip to Spain. She is 16. We found the trip stuff, the little bottles of stuff, then we went to comsmetics section. She was looking for those eye and lip packs that have 2,4, or 6 shades. Had a lot of fun helping her, I would hold the packs up to her face to see how well the colors matched her face and she would do the same to me. This lady customer looked at us kinda werid, and my neice looked back and said "What", The other lady said "Nothing" and I then said "Lets to the the lingerie section and see if they have any satin PJ's". So off we go the lingerie section. The other lady really thought we were werid by then. Did notice that Walmart doesn't have a very good lingerie section. I made a comment about no satin PJ's and my neice said "They got to be here somewhere". We looked all over the the ladies section and no satin PJ's. Then my cell phone rang. It was my sister, she wanted to know where I was. I told her I was in the lingerie section. She then ask if Jordin was with me and I said "Yes, she's helping look for something", she then just said "your both crazy" and said meet them at checkout, then hung up. We meet at check out and she asked what we were doing in lingerie. I said "looking for satin PJ's". She just shook her head and we all checked out and went home.

DonnaT
06-12-2005, 04:21 PM
I just know they thought y'all were looking for you! :D

Wenda
06-12-2005, 04:23 PM
just goes to show, you can have fun anywhere if you have a mind to. wenda.

JoAnnDallas
06-12-2005, 09:50 PM
My neice is going to Spain Wednesday. We dropped her off at her mother's house when she mention that she wished that she could use the $40.00 gift certificate that she has for a dress botique before she leaves. Her mother said, "Mabey if you ask your Uncle real nice, he will take you". I got the real giddy feeling and she looked at me with those moon eyes of her and I quickly said, "OK". She doesn't know how much fun I'm going to have tomorrow. This is one of those high end botiques in the mall.

Holly
06-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Shop on, Aunt Joann!

Nicole Summers
06-12-2005, 09:56 PM
in the book Breakfast of Champions, the main character learns that he is the only real human and all the others are just machines. I try to keep that in mind when out shopping in the ladies section, it doesn't really matter...especially Walmart ...arggghhh !

JoAnnDallas
06-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Boy did I have fun today. I picked up my grand neice just before noon and we then had lunch. Then went to the Mall to a store call "New York Botquie". WOW they had a lot of great outfits, Felt great hold her purse while she took stuff to the fitting room. kinda browsed around and notice no one looking at me with the purse on my sholder. Felt great. she would come out, slowly turn around, and I found myself making comments that did make one saleslady raise a eyebrow. She got a real nice jacket and blouse with a zipper in front. We then went to another botquie "Ann Taylors". Did find out that bra size can differ weither it is a pushup or not. Learned something everyday!! Didn't find anything there. Next was "Victoria's Secrects". She forgot to take her purse back, so we walked there with me carring her purse. Felt great and no one didn't seem to notice. We chatted about styles and stuff. She bought a couple of bra's and I found the sweetist, prettiest PINK PJ's. She came over and looked at them and said "Those are pretty". I white lied and said I was going to get them for my wife. Wife is in West Virgina. :D The saleslady didn't even blink a eye. We left VS and browsed thru "Dillards" and "Mayces" before we left the mall. Then we hit Walmart and then home. Her mother, (my older neice) got home right after we did and jokely asked how us girls did out shopping. My grand neice then showed all she bought and how helpful Uncle John was and how we had such a great time.

MarieTS
06-14-2005, 02:03 AM
Joann--- is there ANYTHING better than shopping? I can't imagine what. :cool:
And you can get very good cosmetic prices at WalMart!
Your niece is fortunate to have such a caring and helpful aunt as yourself. ;)

JoAnnDallas
06-14-2005, 09:05 AM
I know she does and she doesn't think it strainge or werid to talk girl talk with her great uncle. I wore my new PINK PJ's last night to bed. Oh, they felt so good and sliky. Then my sister knock on my door and asked it I was still up. I said Yes and she asked me if I could look at her computer for a minute. So up I get, take off the PJ's, put my drab PJ's on, start to open the door, notice my RED toe nails, put on drab slioppers, help my sister, back in my room, take off drab, put on new PJ's, back in bed. Sleep wonderfully.