PDA

View Full Version : Hairy Fore Arms

CarrieSheer
01-10-2009, 04:45 PM
So what does everyone do about their forearms? I mean do you just shave it like everything else? Or so you cover it up with something? I am looking for all kinds of suggestions on this one as I am going to go out next weekend. :)

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I shave mine. It's one of those things that once you start, you pretty much have to keep doing. Or that's how it is for me, anyway. I much prefer them shaved. Not only do I pull off more of a feminine appearance when dressed up, it also made me look a little younger when in guy-mode. :)

Shikyo
01-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Can't say that I got hair forearms, but I do have hair on it. I found that sugaring removes the hair nicely, gives a very smooth skin. I prefer sugaring over shaving. If time is an issue or the need to grow back the hair, the only way to do is would be shaving(or the rather poisonous seeming chemicals that burn of the hair) as waxing, sugaring etc. they remove the hair totally.
Sugaring (http://www.removinghair.co.uk/Sugaring.html) is cheap to do, you only need some sugar, lemon juice and water and either a microwave or a stove with a pan. Its not that easy at the beginning, but I can promise it gets easier each time you do it. It should not be painful, when you remove your forearm hair, the only places where I've had pain was under the arms and the pubic hair.

elnkay
01-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I just began to shave mine. I've started to thin it out some to see if anyone comments.
I have darker hair so I hope a liitle at a time goes unnoticed.
I do agree, as it comes off the more I like the look!

Cassia-Marie
01-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I've been epilating mine and it didn't hurt as much as my chest or thighs the first time and takes over a week for the hair to grow back. I've done it 3 or 4 times now and it doesn't hurt at all now.

Funny story... After the first time, my wife was playing with the hair on my arms for about 10 minutes before she realized there was no hair. LOL! She asked where it went and I told her "down the sink drain." She hasn't said anything else about it and still caresses my arms as always only it doesn't itch anymore when she does it.

Other than my wife, no-one else has noticed or said anything about it.

TommiTN
01-10-2009, 05:21 PM
I epilate the hair on my arms, legs and the minimal hair on my chest and tummy. It's a bit painful the first time or two but the discomfort lessens quickly (for me, at least). My body hair is quite fine and sparse in the first place and it seems to take longer to grow back and is even finer after a few sessions. I love the look and feel and would never go back voluntarily.

LilSissyStevie
01-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't shave mine. I use the same hair clippers I use on my head but with out the spacer attachment. It takes less than a minute and leaves my forearm hair about 1/8"-3/16" long.

Karren H
01-10-2009, 05:37 PM
For years I have thinned the hair using an old mustache trimmer and a depth guide and bleeched it with blonde hair color and it worked great and then I epilated my entire body and then started using Dove self tanning lotion and now my arms look awesome!! :)

S. Lisa Smith
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't shave mine. I use the same hair clippers I use on my head but with out the spacer attachment. It takes less than a minute and leaves my forearm hair about 1/8"-3/16" long.

That's what I do also.

Samantha43
01-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I trim mine with a Norelco Body Groom shaver with the longest attachment. It still looks natural, but isn't as long and gnarley. I can still wear a short sleeve shirt and no one notices.

MissConstrued
01-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I tried shaving the arms for a bit, but arm hair grows back on me faster than anything else. I'd have stubble in an hour. So I took the epilator to them... much better. :) Feels so nice that I wish I'd thought of de-hair-i-fying them years ago!

Carole Cross
01-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Epilate them and you wont have to do them again for at least a week. It may be a bit painful at first, like waxing. I epilated my entire body today for the third time and it didn't hurt half as much as it did the first time. :D
If you haven't got an epilator then you will have to shave them just before you get ready to go out.

Ashley_1962
01-10-2009, 07:33 PM
That's what I do also.

ditto.. works great for me - my hair is brown/blond. Not sure how well this would work if you have dark hair....

Paulacder
01-11-2009, 05:09 AM
For me, Fore Arms are just like leggs. I shave them almost every day........

audrey-lynn
01-11-2009, 07:06 AM
I trim mine with a Norelco Body Groom shaver with the longest attachment. It still looks natural, but isn't as long and gnarley. I can still wear a short sleeve shirt and no one notices.

Yes that also what I do. And my arm hair is light blonde so you really can't notice it.

JoannaCaroline
01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Ok, so I've tried it all. Best is to laser it off if you don't want it. Easiest is to just shave it. If you are worried about people noticing use a shaver and shorten it and then bleach it. You'll still have arm hair but it's not the deep dark thick bush you're probably worried about.

suzy
01-11-2009, 11:25 AM
The hair on my arms is so thin and light that it is hardly noticeable as it is....so I don't do a thing with it.:hugs:

debbeelee1
01-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I do the same thing as Stevie C, hair trimmers and an attachment to keep it short, I don't have much anyway.

Jilmac
01-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I think it depends a lot on your hair color and texture. However I have noticed many women with hair on their forearms and it doesn't seem to be a problem with them. Although my arms are hairy, the hair is light colored and fine so I wouldn't try to shave it. My biggest concern (and a dead giveaway) is a tattoo of a woman's head and shoulders on my left forearm which I can cover with makeup and blend in to my natural skin color.

Keely
01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
I keep mine trimmed as short as possible. ialso keep my hands hair free, luckily there isn't much that grows there. I tried Karren's blonde treatment once last summer and it looked good but it didn't seem to last for long.

Ðarissa
01-11-2009, 01:48 PM
My arms are just hairy enough that I shave em with a disposable razor once a week. It only takes me a couple minutes to do it. Pretty easy actually.

Shikyo
01-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I think it depends a lot on your hair color and texture. However I have noticed many women with hair on their forearms and it doesn't seem to be a problem with them. Although my arms are hairy, the hair is light colored and fine so I wouldn't try to shave it. My biggest concern (and a dead giveaway) is a tattoo of a woman's head and shoulders on my left forearm which I can cover with makeup and blend in to my natural skin color.

Having blond hair is not always "invisible". Whenever I get even some color on my skin my blond hair becomes rather visible, as it so clearly sticks out on the slight darker skin.
Many girls do have hair on the arms, but what I've notice the hair on girls and on guys is slightly different. Its like the hair on guys is always longer when compared to a girl.
So even with blond and rather girly texture, a difference can be made.

For example, me as a Finn, all my body hair is blond, but even than the hair on my legs and arms is totally different when compared to my wife(Asian), whose hair is easier to be seen from farther, but at a closer distance I clearly have way more hair than she does. The distance to see this different is surprising long.

Rachel Morley
01-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I shave them ..... needs doing about once a week for me.

PamelaTX
01-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I shave them about once a week.

In addition to disliking body-hair in general, I spend a lot of time outdoors and I got tired of diging burrs and pine-tar out of my arm-hair.

Katrina red nails
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I shave mine about weekly but although i think they are smooth the wife thinks they are rough when she holds my arm. Maybe some of the other methods mentioned will be better for me.

Sarah89
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Ever since i bought my epilator, ive been keeping the hair off my arms, I didnt really have heavy hair growth there anyway , it was all pale hair, so it doesnt look any different, but it certainly feels better !

JoAnne Wheeler
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Well since my SPOUSE objects to my shaving, waxing, epilating or plucking of any of my body hair, then I have to dress with long sleeves if I want to go out and I have to wear tights or several pairs of hose to cover up the hair on my legs - if you don't have a souse who objects then get rid of the hair
JoAnne Wheeler

Janet Bern
01-11-2009, 09:30 PM
My Arms are pretty hairy! I guess I will always have to wear long sleeves. I do shave my hands and use foundation on my hands so that they are more feminine. Good luck ,, I am stuck with the arm hair.
Janet

krisinpink
01-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Last time I dressed 'to the nines' I shaved my forearms. Since then, the hair that has returned is much much less dense. YAY!!

Lilith Moon
01-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Shave forearms+back of hands, usually with the rest of my bod.

Forearm/hand stubble gets noticeable after about a week. In terms of regrowth the first to show stubble is face, followed by pubes, chest then arms. Thought you would all like to know these fascinating facts.:heehee: