PDA

View Full Version : GM (genetic male) Experiences?

Toni_Lynn
01-10-2009, 05:03 PM
This may come out as a strange question and I don't mean it to be offensive in any way. I'm merely looking for knowledge to expamnd my understanding and and respect for the other half of theTG sky.

Over in the M2F section we have comments and members who are GGs - genetic girls (sometimes, unfortunately the word genuine is used -- inapproriately I might add). So, I wonder if over on this side there is a concept of GMs -- genetic males -- as SOs etc. Maybe this more applies to F2M CDers (of which I find far too few! :thumbsup:).

But I'm wonder what the feelings are of GMs who have been SOs or still are SOs of you guys, or the even those of GMs such as brothers, cousin, school mates, etc.

Again, no offense intended here, and I hope I haven't stated anything uncaringly. I'm just trying to undertand things, seeing as I really look up to you guys as brothers.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

4serrus
01-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, I have a GM SO.. he isn't on the forums. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. His feelings about the trans issue? Our relationship? It's... complicated.

Toni_Lynn
01-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Well, I have a GM SO.. he isn't on the forums. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. His feelings about the trans issue? Our relationship? It's... complicated.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking to hear. Are his feelings about the trans issue similar to those of GGs toward M2F TG folk etc.

Plus, one thing that is often said on the m2f side amongst CDers is 'how would you react if your (GG) SO suddenly started dressing as a guy and got a fake mustache etc'. You get the idea. Again seeing as I know there are f2m CDers out there, I wonder how their SOs feel about that.

I know I'm asking a very nebulous question that may lump too much into one basket vis a vis TS/ CD etc, so I beg your understanding on that

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Wendy me
01-11-2009, 12:25 PM
OK by our standards in the real world i am a GM....genetic male............but me not being a cross dresser i thought of me as a GG.........genetic girl... some how trapped in a GM genetic male body ......

and that sisters relay can be confusing i am not a GM.... nor am i a GG.... i am simply a person with my genetic wiring crossed .....

see i see what your saying GM'S .... someone born with male parts in a male body .... makes MTF/ CD'S / TRANS..... all GM'S ...... and our guys here the FTM'S and our GG'S are GG'S by that outside appearance .....

we do look at things here trans means your changing your out side shell to match the wiring you were born with..... the GUY'S here don't like to be called GG'S as they don't identify with that .... the GG'S here will let you know they are GG'S and not trans anything..... the SO'S now that's a mix could be almost any one a GG... a GM.... a CD... A TRANS.........or who ever ....

thing is out of respect treat every one with respect as to how they would like to be seen.... and in a place like this you might make a mistake or two let the person or persons know you made a mistake .... we all mess up but trying to understand is the key..........

Toni_Lynn
01-11-2009, 12:40 PM
see i see what your saying GM'S .... someone born with male parts in a male body .... makes MTF/ CD'S / TRANS..... all GM'S ...... and our guys here the FTM'S and our GG'S are GG'S by that outside appearance .....
----
the GUY'S here don't like to be called GG'S as they don't identify with that

Uhh -- I wasn't calling the the guys here GGs in any way! Never intended to. So -- to maybe clarify things -- I am speaking about the feelings of non-T* genetic born males toward F2M men.

Again -- no offenses intended to anyone here present.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

ZenFrost
01-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Wendy, what Toni was getting at is that she knows about situations with MtF CDers and their GG SOs, so she wanted to know if there was something similar with FtM CDers and their GM SOs. I don't find her inquiry disrespectful, though it is one that's been asked here before a few times in the past.

Toni, I'm afraid that I can't really answer from the perspective of having a GM SO as I don't have one, but I do have a couple close cousins (one of them male) that I can ask later today and post their general responses to me as a Transman.

I also know that the guys here are all over the board: CD, TS, gay, straight. In that regard you don't really see many similar situations to MtF CDers and their GG SOs because so many of us aren't crossdressers and/or aren't into guys (such as myself, on both counts).

Toni_Lynn
01-11-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't find her inquiry disrespectful, though it is one that's been asked here before a few times in the past.

Thanks Zen

My questioning is truly from a good place. I want to know what it is like on the other side of the experience. Perhaps its a selfish line of questioning because my goal is to increase my knowledge of your experiences, plus I am also looking to see if there is any commonality in experience.

While I will admit that my personal experience is purely CDer, so I am especially interested in that on so many levels as it exists on the other side .. BUT .. I also realise that the spectrum is also wide on the F2M side, so I feel that it so very important for me to learn about the whole enchilada as it were.

My reason for that is that a friend of mine is F2M and he is married to a GM. He has cried many times on my shoulder about the struggles he goes through. I have never felt anything so moving as to feel the emotion being poured out by my friend.

I don't know if what I am saying makes sense, so all I can say goes back to the thread that I posted about admiration for you guys. I salute you and pray for you to find peace.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Wendy me
01-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Uhh -- I wasn't calling the the guys here GGs in any way! Never intended to. So -- to maybe clarify things -- I am speaking about the feelings of non-T* genetic born males toward F2M men.
Again -- no offenses intended to anyone here present.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

well OK i don't see how any person with some kinda gender issues could not be totally supportive of outhers... the Guys here are as OK as every one else here ..... lol i do admit when i first came here we did not have a lot of guys and it kinda was different .... well until i started learning and got my closed mind open and started to understand more....... Toni very cool on your quest to learn more........

ZenFrost
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
The genetic males in my family accept me as I am, basically taking a "you're you" stance on the whole trans thing.

Thinking back on former relationships with GMs in either friendships or a bit more, explaining that I was trans got a lot of "well, duh" reactions, and "you always were one of the guys."

That's not to say I haven't faced the opposite. In fact I've received harsh unacceptance from both genders, even coming from people that were close to me. I think it boils down to two types of people: those who see that what's on the inside is what counts (those I would truly call my friends or family) and those who don't get it, don't try to get, and don't want to get it because they'd rather stick to their version of 'normal' as acceptable (these people I do not call my friends or family, even if there is blood shared between us).

GM SOs of FtMs I think would fit into one or the other category (though there is a bit of a grey area in between), either accepting Transmen or not.

I'm only speaking from my own perspective and experiences on this, so other's experiences will most likely differ from my own.

4serrus
01-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Well, while my SO is accepting, there's limits. While he'd still like me as a person and a friend, transitioning would = divorce because he's straight. He is ok with the "sometimes I feel like a guy" stage I'm in at the moment, but he's afraid one day I'll go all the way and want to be male full-time. Sometimes complicates our sex life... he's really giving and is willing to experiment with roleplay, but there's some times we're just not synced up.

_Alex_
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
One of the transguys I know dates gay men, havent really asked how most of them take it, but he sounds to have had at least a fair amount of good experiences.

My bf isn't a GM, and I've only dated one other person (a GG). So I guess the next closest GM is my brother? I know thats a sibling relationship... but yeah... he kinda taunts it...

Then a lot of my friends dont really seem suprised... a few brush me off as just a butch lesbian (even though I'm not all that butch lol)

Wren
01-20-2009, 01:09 AM
I've had experiences all across the board. My boyfriend is a GM in my eyes, but you might call him a transman. Most of the time I'm his accepting GG girlfriend, since we pass as a heterosexual couple. Sometimes I'm his boyfriend when I'm crossdressing. You might think, "Hey this situation is ideal since they are both going through similar things."

He's attracted to women and I'm attracted to men, so when I'm male he's not as happy as when I'm female. He's understanding, but it's not going to get his rocks off. Which I understand and we compromise until it all works out for us.

In my experiences with your baseline XY chromosome at birth male, they've acknowledged that I like to see myself as a male, and they've generally been curious about it, sometimes ignorant but not malicious. I've never hooked up with a straight male as a boy, only gay or bi guys. My most significant of these relationship was with a gay man who would have sex with me while i was crossdressed and while I was overtly female, but still regard me only as a male.
In another relationship I was treated solely male, and when I asked how i was viewed the response was that it didn't matter to them what I was, he thought swinging between genders was a priviledge that he was happy that I had.

With my male friends it tends to be a little more tricky, sensitivity to how I feel about it goes out the window, and they are generally viewing me as 'not quite male' but it's unanimous that I make a piss poor female. Pretty much the same with my female friends though.

People are people and I don't think that gender identity or sexual preference has much to do with how they view the trans community. I've met some lesbians and gay men alike that are the least understanding people I've ever met. You get a whole potpourri of ideology no matter where you go.