PDA

View Full Version : Any advice going to a bridal exhibition in male mode?

PrettyFlowingGown
01-11-2009, 09:14 AM
I've been anxiously wanting to go to a Bridal exhibition for ages, but have never been. This weekend in Brisbane, there is one at the city hall from the 16th to the 18th. I'm going to go for a look on sunday morning. The question is, Will I be the only guy in there? I'll be going in male mode, so will I look out of place, and will I cop looks from ladies?
Shopping is easy....such as buying dresses, etc. But this is a whole different ball game. I want to take in a camera too, and take some shots of beautiful gowns and dresses. I dont want to miss this.

KarenS
01-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Personally, I would go. I don't see much difference between an event like this as compared to going into the lingerie area of a clothing store (and I do that frequently).

Many times couples that go shopping together will get separated as one or the other becomes intently focused looking for something in particular, trying clothing on, or being fitted.

If you are spotted as 'alone', I see it as having relatively natural and common place explanations.

TxKimberly
01-11-2009, 09:38 AM
PFG,

Is there going to be someone you know there? Maybe family, neighbors, co-workers, or friends? Of not, why are you worried about? You think they're beautiful and you are interested in buying them, just as is most everyone that will be there.
When I went shopping for womens things, I used to have this whole elaborate routine where I would start in the mens stuff and work my way around to the womens. I wasn't fooling anyone, was acting furtive, and probably drawing attention to myself.
Trust me on this, you walk in like you own the joint, with your head high, and you look at what your interested in, talk to who you want to talk, and you will have a great time AND you will be treated well.
Oh! Almost forgot! If you DO take pics, I wanna see 'em! (I do have a thing about beautiful women in beautiful dresses!)

KarenS
01-11-2009, 09:41 AM
PFG,

Oh! Almost forgot! If you DO take pics, I wanna see 'em! (I do have a thing about beautiful women in beautiful dresses!)

I would like to see them too for a similar reason to Kimberly - but with a predictable twist - I like to see ME in the beautiful dresses. :D

PrettyFlowingGown
01-11-2009, 10:51 AM
PFG,

Is there going to be someone you know there? Maybe family, neighbors, co-workers, or friends? Of not, why are you worried about? You think they're beautiful and you are interested in buying them, just as is most everyone that will be there.
When I went shopping for womens things, I used to have this whole elaborate routine where I would start in the mens stuff and work my way around to the womens. I wasn't fooling anyone, was acting furtive, and probably drawing attention to myself.
Trust me on this, you walk in like you own the joint, with your head high, and you look at what your interested in, talk to who you want to talk, and you will have a great time AND you will be treated well.
Oh! Almost forgot! If you DO take pics, I wanna see 'em! (I do have a thing about beautiful women in beautiful dresses!)I wont have the money to buy anything, plus I think its more a bridal fashion parade than anything else. But I'm ok to go. I've come full circle with mum, and all the fear I've gone through all the years. I'm feeling good and cant wait to go check out these gorgous gowns.

Mollyanne
01-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Personally I don't see why you can't go or better yet why would you "put up mental roadblocks" for not going????? I don't think you will be the only man there. Have a great time and enjoy yourself!!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Rachel Morley
01-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I highly doubt you will be the only guy there! ..... I would have thought there would have been tons of grooms there. Ok, maybe there will be a large majority of women there but that's to be expected. Being a guy at a bridal exhibition is normal isn't it? I mean you could even be a buyer for your own independent store couldn't you? You could be buying up new stock? :)

JoAnne Wheeler
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Who cares - just go with confidence and an attitude - if someone asks you anything - you can tell the truth or you can fib about it - I think that I would just tell the truth
JoAnne Wheeler