PDA

View Full Version : Dancers

Sandra Dunn
01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I am a bellydancer. I dance as me and as my butch self. I've been dancing for 5 years. I've danced in Las Vegas, Lubbock, San Angelo, Dallas and of course here in Amarillo. For me, bellydancing really helps you to discover your female moves especially the hips.

So how many of you girls out there dance, yes as your female self?

HUGS Sandra

TommiTN
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
When I dance people tend to call the paramedics thinking I'm having a seizure. So I don't dance in either mode.:eek:

Karren H
01-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I can't dance.... not mater what I'm wearing... sigh......

Tracii G
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
I have two left feet.

vikki2020
01-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Are we human, or are we dancers?

Barbara Dugan
01-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Just Tango for me...

LilSissyStevie
01-12-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm a flatfoot (AKA "Buck" but in my case, "doe") dancer. Here's a little example from Emmy Lou Harris for those who have never heard of flatfoot dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLJa3iOnRrw&feature=related

MissConstrued
01-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Think that's bad, Tracii... I have three left feet. :straightface:

ColleenShivas
01-12-2009, 01:50 AM
My wife and I love ballroom and Latin dance. I learned in the male position, so apart from a few see-what-it-feels-like trials it is something that I do in male mode, rarely backwards and never in heels.

Jess_cd32
01-12-2009, 01:50 AM
I dance (maybe) a bit better than Hugh Hefner, and thats not a good thing:doh:

JoAnne Wheeler
01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm not a dancer in either gender, so I don't know. But it sounds like it is working for you and thats all that matters.
JoAnne Wheeler

tamarav
01-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I took dancing lessons en femme and now love to dance whenever possible. By myself, with a partner or whatever, I have a ball. It is just like a definition of beauty, everybody has their own opinion and they are all right. So get out there and have fun!

I only belly dance at home for practice but I do incorporate many of the belly dance moves into my freestyle dancing.

Just my 2 cents on dancing.

Tami

Angie G
01-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Me wife and I don't get to dance much anymore mostly do to her leg problems. And I've never danced in girl mode.BUt I'd like to.:hugs:
Angie

MarciManseau
01-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Dancing is our second favorite thing to do. :devil: Never tried belly dancing tho. Maybe we should.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

flatlander_48
01-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm a flatfoot (AKA "Buck" but in my case, "doe") dancer. Here's a little example from Emmy Lou Harris for those who have never heard of flatfoot dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLJa3iOnRrw&feature=related

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would have guessed that was Clogging...

DameErrant
01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't dance, but have been looking for a school that will take me en femme and en homme. Middle Eastern dance fascinates me, and I will sign up as soon as I can find a school or tutor that will take me and my wife.

Ballroom on the other hand, will be strictly as a guy, to please my wife. At least for now. I can practice on my own, I just have to remember to start with the right foor and go backwards..... Now, if I can just learn to dip on my own.

renee k
01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I took ballroom dancing lessons way back when, wth my then girlfriend. Would love go back and learn the tango enfemme.

Huggs, Renee

Sedona
01-13-2009, 12:56 AM
I loooooove the style, and admire those who can do middle eastern well. I bought an outfit a couple of years ago from a company that imports them from Egypt. Very nice work, and I wear it on occasion, and practice a bit at home. Mostly, it sits in the closet. :sad:

Sally24
01-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Dancing is our second favorite thing to do. :devil:

:lol:

I love to dance in either mode but particularly en femme. I practice moving at home and when I go out with my t-girl friends we almost always end up at a club for dancing. It also helps to keep my legs in shape. Still trying to get the hips to move properly.

Lacy PJs
01-19-2009, 09:29 PM
...don't think I'd mind wearing the bellydance outfit! :)

Lacy PJs

docrobbysherry
01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I love to dance around when I'm dressed in dancer's outfits. However, I've had to cut back after wiping out the tips on most of my spike heels!:eek:

Think Godzilla destroying Tokyo!:devil:

I LOVE belly dancer outfits, and have several! I've discovered belly dancing in a corset, loses something in the translation!:brolleyes:

Kim_Bitzflick
01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
I can't dance.... not mater what I'm wearing... sigh......

I agree with Karren. Can't dance. This white girl ain't got no rythm.:sad:

Kelly Greene
01-19-2009, 09:46 PM
I have tried dancing and all I can say is that aside from some "S.C.A." [Society for creative anachronism] dancing {kind of like Line dancing}
I can’t seem to find my rhythm
although I do feel more free while dressed up.

CharleneT
01-19-2009, 11:35 PM
ME? I dance when ever I can ! Have never tried belly dancing though ... maybe I SHOULD !