PDA

View Full Version : Cancer and Crossdressing

maggiecdva
01-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi Folks -

It's been some time since I posted but now is a good time to catch up.

For 2 years I've been battling matestic colon cancer. However, I recently had a PET Scan that showed the colon cancer is not active. The tumors are still there but are not growing or spreading. This is marvelous news.

How does this relate to crossdressing. Well every since my colon cancer came back in 2007 I decided that I no longer wanted to hide the crossdressing side of myself. Life (specifically mine) is too short not to do what you want to do .... as long as it doesn't negatively impact on others. My Maggie Katherine side of myself is (in my opinion) is an enjoyable lovable person.

My counselor has been supporting me as I try to live a little bit more out than before. I'm fortunate that I have a position that I can take my summers off and live more out. This summer if the cancer stays inactive I am going someplace where I can be Maggie Katherine 24/7.

I wish everyone peace and good fortune in 2009.

Hugs - Maggie

DAVIDA
01-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi Maggie!
That is great news about the cancer being dormant!:hugs:
It is, however, sad that we have to face our own mortality before we can see the big picture. I have been through a somewhat similar enlightenment envolving a heart attack. Things like these tend to open the eyes to what is really important.

MsEva
01-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I am sorry to hear about your cancer, but so happy to hear that it isn't growing. That is marvelous. I will keep you in my prayers.

Mitch23
01-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm pleased that yr cancer is dormant maggie. I think the reason that many of us have come out rather later in life is because we are conscious of our own mortality and want to grab the opportunity to be who we are before it is too late

mitch

JoAnne Wheeler
01-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Maggie, I am truly sorry to hear about your cancer, but I am glad to hear the results of your tests and PET Scan. Life is way too short. If you enjoy and want to be Maggie, then by all means do so.
Love you,
JoAnne Wheeler

Jess_cd32
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
.......How does this relate to crossdressing. Well every since my colon cancer came back in 2007 I decided that I no longer wanted to hide the crossdressing side of myself. Life (specifically mine) is too short not to do what you want to do .... as long as it doesn't negatively impact on others. My Maggie Katherine side of myself is (in my opinion) is an enjoyable lovable person.

Hugs - Maggie

I can understand your reasoning whole heartedly, but my life changing situation was different. Glad to hear your doing well now and wish you the best.
Life truly is to short your right, so why not make the best of it and enjoy the cd-ing, I'm living that advice also now more and more and am happier because of it.

Recently I just told my SO I cd and we're trying to work thru that, but as you said, live for today and I plan on doing just that like you are.

Melinda G
01-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm no doctor, but I've got a wild theory here. When you decided to be more open with the CDing, your stress level went down, and your immune system returned to normal.

Tess
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Glad your are in remission Maggie and I can relate to how you feel about making the most out of life. My cancer scare was over 25 years ago and after surviving a very tough year of treatments I decided to smell the flowers too. A word of warning though, survival doesn't give you a pass on making bad decisions. I nearly made a huge mistake and am fortunate that it didn't lead to breaking up my family. Yes, live life to the fullest but if there are others involved please do so responsibly.

docrobbysherry
01-12-2009, 10:50 PM
That's great news about your cancer! Hope it remains inactive forever!:thumbsup:

THANKS FOR THE GREAT POST!
From now on, I'm going say I CD because IT CURES CANCER!:devil:

gennee
01-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi Maggie. Thank God the cancer is dormant. I will put you on my prayer list. Maybe the Cding will help in your therapy.

Gennee

:hugs::praying: