PDA

View Full Version : Are we prepared

Annaliese
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Are we prepared for question or comments that we may get? Male mode for me, like today is thin trousers socks, low rise jeans ( Levi Strauss Signature), black turtleneck sweater (VS) and under a cami and thong. My makeup is TRUblend minerals powder, TRUblend minerals blush, eyeshadow and mascara. Eyeshadow and blush vary light. My toe nails are also painted red.

Last week I had three comments on three different days.
First time, one of my student came up after class and commented on what I was wearing, she had on the same thing I was wearing, both jeans and turtleneck, turtleneck sweater (VS) a match to the one I am wearing today except red and the same jeans.

Second time, the trousers socks are thin from Walmart and my painted toes show through it was late after noon and my feet hurt so I took my shoes off, a student came for me to copy a disk for her (she was not one of my students) we talk for a while as I copy the disk for her, she look down at my feet and said nice color.

Third time, I was waiting for my wife to pick me up from work, I was sitting at the top of the stares bent over a little and a student walk pass me and down the stares just before he turned at the bottom of the stares he turn back at me and said nice panties. They were my pink thongs.

The first two I said thanks you but the third I was tired and just hung my head.

I have had other comment before once or twice a year, about my long nails, clear coat on me nails or about my jeans but never three in one week.

So if you are trying to push the envelope are you ready, I was not as ready as I though I was.

My answer should have been.

They look good on you too.

Do you really like the color.

Pink is my favorite color.

What would your answers be.

Lorileah
01-12-2009, 04:38 PM
A simple Thank you very much suffices in most cases. If the person is being sarcastic I just smile and nod, no need to push the confrontation. The other comments you gave would have been perfect for the two females. If you want to fit in as a female, compliments should be returned or added to. Such as, I like yours too where did you get it? or I got this at ****** on sale do you ever shop there?

Annaliese
01-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Lorileah good answers I never have been quick with answers, with time I will and I will still dress the same.

Deborah Jane
01-12-2009, 04:46 PM
My comment......
You should see what i change into when i get home :heehee:

Kim_Bitzflick
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
My answers would have been honest. IF I were to push the envelope I'd just say, "thank you. I love the way they look on me." or something like that.

But I'm not quite ready for that confrontation. I've already had to endure my sister commenting (badgering me) on my painted (clear) finger nails (to which my answer was honest - I like to paint them).

Billijo49504
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Tonight at Lane Bryant, I held open my jacket and told the SO, who I knew, I found Victoria's Secret!! I had a push up bra on. She just laughed and told the wife, she was lucky I was aCD'er, as most husbands wouldn't spend as much as we did. And a large part was for the wife..BJ

JoAnne Wheeler
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
THe PINK FOG overwhelms us and causes us to do things we might not do if we sat down and thought about it first. I have been trapped in the PINK FOG for several months - I really don't know whether I want out or not. I know that it is affecting my judgment on a lot of things.
JoAnne Wheeler

beenherelongtime
01-13-2009, 11:27 AM
just a comment that i made earlier, doesn't seem any of the student were shocked. things are taken with more of a grain of salt today. you should have just thanked the third person also. do not hang your head, it seems you are pushing the envelope to be outed, and if you are, be proud when it happens.

Annaliese
01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
just a comment that i made earlier, doesn't seem any of the student were shocked.

You are right they are not shocked, In that I have hope for the future.

[QUOTE=beenherelongtime;1566464]
you should have just thanked the third person also. do not hang your head, it seems you are pushing the envelope to be outed, and if you are, be proud when it happens.

I was caught of guard, but you are right, I should hold my head high. Having confidence takes time and since then I have not change the way I am dressing. I will be up for it the next time.

I would not be able to dress the way I am if it were not for the people here on this site like Karen

Love all of you.

Annaliese